Will this machine clean hardwood floors just as good as dirt dragon or minuteman?

FredC

Village Idiot
What's your experience with these machines? I've already taken the advice to not get Powr-Flite's model, which was the original question on this thread.

And the only difference so far with DD and T1 is durability, not performance. So I promise I won't throw it in my truck at the end of the job and I'll just pay $2475 DD, instead of $4$$$ almost $5k for the T1.

And as for my customer, they know this floor needs a total sanding, but they don't want to spend $5k to have it done. He's shown me a few places that's gonna be cut out and replaced. So there's no unrealistic expectations. I told them the Gloss they requested is gonna magnify each of these areas that I showed them, and he didn't change his mind. He wants it to magnify I think, because there's one area that's very damaged that they don't want to be fixed because it was caused by the golfer's cleats in the early 50's and it adds to the original design of the place. It does have a thick poly on it so it's not bare wood.

I swear you guys think I'm a total dipshit sometimes. I'm just looking for a more efficient method than the previous screen, clean and recoat, and this Basic liquid bonding seems to be that way. If it's not, I'll admit I was wrong and I hope it will help some lurkers out there make a decision on a similar position I'm in.

And Mike was dogging the whole "hardwood machine" process with all the machines until his SS buddy chimed in about using the T1's. I didn't see him calling CJ a dumbass for buying dozens of those for his franchise. So you see why I'm a little on the defense

My experience is watching guys like you purchase them over the years........

but I'm really just fn with you

Reactions: DAT and BIG WOOD

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
I think the Karcher machines are the best built of the wood and floor cleaning machines. They are also the most expensive in most cases. The Lindhaus LW46 is the equal of Dirt Dragon and similar machines for significantly less $.

It retails under $2900.

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
Matt, I #dont blame you for believing what you believe, it’s your money. I do believe Mike is trying to spare you disappointment in your purchase and Richard too🤷🏻‍♂️ But as they say, You do you, because you can. I mean that in sincerity.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I think the Karcher machines are the best built of the wood and floor cleaning machines. They are also the most expensive in most cases. The Lindhaus LW46 is the equal of Dirt Dragon and similar machines for significantly less $. View attachment 91221

It retails under $2900.
I watched about 5 of those Youtube videos of those machines because they do look impressive with the brush going up against the base. But I was dissapointed in the quality of the video. I couldn't see how well it extracted all the water and the camera was more focused on the front of the machine like it had some new Transformer design, and they were more focused on the lady in dress shoes operating it. Is there any professional videos on it besides them cleaning a clean floor at a car dealer? I really considered that machine before I pulled the trigger on the other

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Matt, I #dont blame you for believing what you believe, it’s your money. I do believe Mike is trying to spare you disappointment in your purchase and Richard too🤷🏻‍♂️ But as they say, You do you, because you can. I mean that in sincerity.
That's why I love how Mike kicks us in the ass. But it's fun to bark back every now and then to show him I'm paying attention to his opinion.

And I always appreciate your input as well Kenny. Thanks.

Like I said before, I feel my business has taken off because you jerks kept me on my toes. I just need to see something like this for myself because I don't have the luxury to test drive these machines side by side. And from all the youtube videos, this DD doesn't look too bad. Now watch someone pull up a video of one failing , lol.

Reactions: Kenny Hayes

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
Personally I’m not a big fan of cylindrical brush machines. I bought a Tennent tile machine back in the day and wound up using for vinyl. I have a Minuteman Rider that is both cylindrical and disc. I use the cylindrical brushes for sweeping. It was one reason why
I haven’t bought a crb before now.

Mikey P

Administrator
in fact why don't you wip out your credit card and buy one of those Darren Hickman air duct cleaning machines for 499 so you can complete your purchases of totally worthless piece of crap tools for the month

• Haha

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
in fact why don't you wip out your credit card and buy one of those Darren Hickman air duct cleaning machines for 499 so you can complete your purchases of totally worthless piece of crap tools for the month
Nope. I'm smarter than that bs.

You seem kinda grumpy. Is your dry crb/compound sales low this month?

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Is there any professional videos on it besides them cleaning a clean floor

of course not
because before and after still looks like crap

let us know how it goes a year from now.
then you can explore a new add-on service next year.

Maybe Ultrasonic blind cleaning ....or better yet, com ceiling tile cleaning

..L.T.A.

CJ-FL

Name
CK-FL
I didn't see him calling CJ a dumbass for buying dozens of those for his franchise. So you see why I'm a little on the defense

There’s just no need to state the obvious in my case. They all just expect better from you than those bottom feeding Steemer smucks. 😉

In all seriousness, the machines remove much more soil than a customer can on their own. Are they perfect? Nope but when I leave there’s less crap on the floor than when I arrived.I try to charge appropriately for the service I’m providing and be clear with the customer about what they’re getting for their money.

62AB252D-2566-4C0B-ABEF-131B899C3135.jpeg 926AC4EF-97FC-4CB3-9A25-5E4DA2F8631A.jpeg E6294909-34A6-4EFF-A00E-63D199468869.jpeg 926E5ACA-87DF-45E1-A54B-162355723142.jpeg 7EBA4171-141F-4006-ABBE-96AC9E1BF4C8.jpeg D0B99687-841C-460F-AB4C-2AF45F51F391.jpeg 94744979-099E-4660-910F-7D478BA81309.jpeg

CJ-FL

Name
CK-FL
A lot of this also comes down to what you’re charging. If a customer can screen & recoat for $3.00 per sq ft (made that # up, not sure what it costs) and you’re charging $2.50, they probably will be underwhelmed but if you’re charging $.75 - $1.00 they’ll be more accepting of less than perfect results.

Last edited:

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
I watched about 5 of those Youtube videos of those machines because they do look impressive with the brush going up against the base. But I was dissapointed in the quality of the video. I couldn't see how well it extracted all the water and the camera was more focused on the front of the machine like it had some new Transformer design, and they were more focused on the lady in dress shoes operating it. Is there any professional videos on it besides them cleaning a clean floor at a car dealer? I really considered that machine before I pulled the trigger on the other

I don't know of any better videos of the machine in use.

I have used the smaller Lindhaus LW38 several times. The performance on wood was fine. It also worked on LVT and LVP and on a polished concrete floor. I used the LW46 only once, mainly because they are in such short supply one was not available to test out before I moved to the boonies. It seemed to perform just as well.

Many Interlink Supply locations have one on the floor now that can be demo'd. Try it out yourself. However, because they are popular, they were in back-order for several months. Just now getting display models out to distributors. So, not all locations have one.

John Downey

We use the Multiwash scrubber, have been for 4 years. Tried the Dirt Dragon first but switched to this soon thereafter (have been using the Multiwash for carpet and tile for nearly 15 years). Simpler, easier, more effective. For me it wasn't a close call.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
We use the Multiwash scrubber, have been for 4 years. Tried the Dirt Dragon first but switched to this soon thereafter (have been using the Multiwash for carpet and tile for nearly 15 years). Simpler, easier, more effective. For me it wasn't a close call.

I agree the multi-wash is a good cleaning machine. But aren’t you worried about it not having a vacuum on hardwood to extract all the water?

steve_64

What product?
I'll lightly Prespray whatever is handy. Rinse with water and flat mop it. I will have to find the finish but I think it's Nyco wood floor finish. You can get it in glossy or satin. Most want the glossy.

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
I agree the multi-wash is a good cleaning machine. But aren’t you worried about it not having a vacuum on hardwood to extract all the water?
demo demo demo... a karcher or windsor if you're committed to a seperate machine/system over your TM. You'll still need a flatmop after and 175 buffing just to look the part imo

susclean

Name
alejandro c
this should arrive july 2 - ill let u know how it does. google clarke ma10 there are some nice vids on it . i also had been doing the red. pad/mop method

FFD67782-4E26-4A0B-9495-8FAD93C71377.jpeg

susclean

Name
alejandro c
That caught my eye also. How big are the tanks?

not big - .8 gal solution, 1 gal recovery

my thought is to spray the cleaner down, red pad, and use the clarke to suck up/rinse

most jobs i do are around 400-500 sf (dining room kitchen foyer hall etc)) and im hoping this will do that w 1 to two tanks worth

7992E4BA-FC81-4772-8AF4-625D04C9CB33.png

Back
Top Bottom