Will this machine clean hardwood floors just as good as dirt dragon or minuteman?

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I

lll sell you one of our used T1’s... half are the green Tennant color but more recently Corporate got them in Black and private labeled. I’ll replace a green one with a newer black if you’re interested. PM
me tomorrow if you are
I’ll keep in touch with you. Thanks for the offer

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
cancel the order, good F'n gawd dude, you are seriously as dense a rock.
For the last three days...you’ve been a dick criticizing me because I’m not satisfied with the screening/tile wand rinse, and after I watch a shitload of video Saturday night through Monday...talking to others about the minuteman or dirt dragon, I decide to pull the trigger on the dragon. Then all of a sudden, 5hrs after I place my order, in a scramble to get this together...I read the only positive feedback about the t1 on here.

My only option right now is to make the best of what I ordered and if it’s junk, get back in touch with CJ

🖕🏻 U For saying I’m as dense as a rock. I’ve been trying to take positive advice on these machines, not negative advice on “ripping off hardwood jobs”

Sometimes you piss me off!!!

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
Steemer tested the battery version but apparently the batteries only lasted long enough for a small job. Maybe 4 or 5 rooms, then you were dead in the water. We chose all plug in models
I doubt the battery was the issue. I use one battery 14” auto scrubbers and I clean multi- school cafeterias with them. But the weight for pitching in vans and logistics would be a concern. I can see why they went electric. But, 2600 sq.ft. floor is different. It’s not that big, but it is 1/2 of a gym floor.

Reactions: CJ-FL

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
For the last three days...you’ve been a dick criticizing me because I’m not satisfied with the screening/tile wand rinse, and after I watch a shitload of video Saturday night through Monday...talking to others about the minuteman or dirt dragon, I decide to pull the trigger on the dragon. Then all of a sudden, 5hrs after I place my order, in a scramble to get this together...I read the only positive feedback about the t1 on here.

My only option right now is to make the best of what I ordered and if it’s junk, get back in touch with CJ

🖕🏻 U For saying I’m as dense as a rock. I’ve been trying to take positive advice on these machines, not negative advice on “ripping off hardwood jobs”

This right here was not boring🤷🏻‍♂️ I even read it all👏🏻👏🏻

Mikey P

Administrator
My customer is rushing me to get this job done my next Monday. So I’m getting everything shipped as fast as possible. If I cancel it tomorrow, it’ll push it another day or two.

If it sucks, I’ll just swap it out for the tenant.

Just how much is this life changing project worth?

Next thing you know, you'll be offering "Cuddling with Netflix and their Cat" Service.

Fidiot.

• Haha
Reactions: BIG WOOD

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave

Damn. That's lots wasted words when "Fook you" works just as well. 😉

CJ-FL

Name
CK-FL
One thing about it, he can’t blame everyone here for buying it like I blame all you jack donkeys for 2 crb’s.😂😂
That difference is just from pre-spraying and CRB-ing. Pretty awesome tool on dirty carpets IMO. BTW that job was 10 - 2 man crews. 58,000 sq. ft. of ball busting. 9.5 on each meter.

599E8C15-142C-479D-B17D-4949C1CAB962.jpeg

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
How many tools have you bought and given up on in less than one room?

The DD will be no exception.

You can apologize now.
I gave up on my first zipper. And if you didn't live so far away, I'd egg your house also. No apologies. I felt a lot better after throwing the middle finger at you.

The only lesson I've learned is to give a new tool more than one try. But on this job, if it sucks...I'm not gonna be in a good mood. That soap salesman said he likes this better than the minuteman model, which has two brushes vs the single brush. So the DD has better suction or the salesman is making more profit on it.

Marty, do you want me to make a video for this thread so you can be entertained?

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
I know a little bit about wood, Woody
If the finish is worn off, “cleaning” it won’t do much to improve it.

Don’t know the condition of the project you plan, but if finish is worn off in places, make damshore you pre-qualify the custy that worn out butt, still looks like azz when clean

..l.t.a.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I gave up on my first zipper. And if you didn't live so far away, I'd egg your house also. No apologies. I felt a lot better after throwing the middle finger at you.

The only lesson I've learned is to give a new tool more than one try. But on this job, if it sucks...I'm not gonna be in a good mood. That soap salesman said he likes this better than the minuteman model, which has two brushes vs the single brush. So the DD has better suction or the salesman is making more profit on it.

Marty, do you want me to make a video for this thread so you can be entertained?
We bought one band new when it was "If you're doing floors you gotta have one". We tried it several times and were disappointed in the results, the machine and the market for the service.

As mentioned many times, expectations are too high. They don't want clean, they want refinished.

Even in best case scenario the results were mediocre.

Ship it back. Take the shipping loss. It's cheaper than owning it.

You should have kept the Zipper. Think of how easy the 17 year old could have cleaned the commercial job the other day.

Last edited:

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
If it hasn't been mentioned yet you should cancel your order. A pos tool to provide substandard results to a consumer base with unrealistic expectations.
What's your experience with these machines? I've already taken the advice to not get Powr-Flite's model, which was the original question on this thread.

And the only difference so far with DD and T1 is durability, not performance. So I promise I won't throw it in my truck at the end of the job and I'll just pay $2475 DD, instead of $4$$$ almost $5k for the T1.

And as for my customer, they know this floor needs a total sanding, but they don't want to spend $5k to have it done. He's shown me a few places that's gonna be cut out and replaced. So there's no unrealistic expectations. I told them the Gloss they requested is gonna magnify each of these areas that I showed them, and he didn't change his mind. He wants it to magnify I think, because there's one area that's very damaged that they don't want to be fixed because it was caused by the golfer's cleats in the early 50's and it adds to the original design of the place. It does have a thick poly on it so it's not bare wood.

I swear you guys think I'm a total dipshit sometimes. I'm just looking for a more efficient method than the previous screen, clean and recoat, and this Basic liquid bonding seems to be that way. If it's not, I'll admit I was wrong and I hope it will help some lurkers out there make a decision on a similar position I'm in.

And Mike was dogging the whole "hardwood machine" process with all the machines until his SS buddy chimed in about using the T1's. I didn't see him calling CJ a dumbass for buying dozens of those for his franchise. So you see why I'm a little on the defense

Reactions: Kenny Hayes

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom