Will this machine clean hardwood floors just as good as dirt dragon or minuteman?

Mikey P

Administrator
The problem with marketing wood floor CLEANING is that for almost the same price there are Craftsmen in your hood that will pad and recoat for just a bit more than you'll need to charge to make carpet cleaner money.

And for about twice your price a full sand and recoat can be found

90% of your estimates will be people looking for a cheap fix to a problem that those pos machines will only make worse.

Matt gave me the thumbs down

Whats next dude, you'll tell me I'm squashing your childhood dream of being a wood floor rip off artist?

• Haha
Reactions: BIG WOOD

Doug Rice

Supportive Member
Matt, that PowrFlite machine will give you a much deeper scrub than the Dirt Dragon and it recovers the water immediately after scrubbing. You can always use the other tools too but using a machine like this does make you look more professional. I think you would want to use it with the direction of the grain for a deep clean. It can also cover a lot of area quicker than using a swing machine and wet vac and would make quick work of commercial tile and grout cleaning. A CRB it works very well in unison with a wet vac also. You want to always control where and how much moisture you are using on different flooring. Do not buy until you find one in the PowrFLite OUTLET store for under a grand.
Go check it out as it looks like there is one for sale now.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Matt gave me the thumbs down

Whats next dude, you'll tell me I'm squashing your childhood dream of being a wood floor rip off artist?
You hate it when people tell you you're not right.

My beef is using the tm wand on hardwood...wrong. I tried it. I hated it. You're wrong. I love you, but you're wrong.

Mikey P

Administrator
You hate it when people tell you you're not right.

My beef is using the tm wand on hardwood...wrong. I tried it. I hated it. You're wrong. I love you, but you're wrong.

I never once said to use a truckmount wand on real wood.

Hard surface wand with a brush ring. If you tried that and hated it, please film yourself using one of those POS machines for the 1st time

The temper tantrum will be epic.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
When I decide which one I feel is the best, I’ll record using it on the first job. And if I’m wrong, I will record my temper tantrum, but I’ll be a man and admit if I’m wrong. But if I’m right...oh it’ll be good.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni

lta

• Haha
Reactions: Kenny Hayes

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Here’s what I’ve found with customers that want their hardwood cleaned. And this is why I hate cleaning hardwood.

Usually when I walk in the hardwood is scratched and beat to hell. The customer hasn’t swept it well and there is dust along the baseboards. You really need to manage expectations. Customers seem to think that by cleaning the floor it’s going to look glossy and new. Nope, it will still look like shit, just clean. This is why I hate doing hardwood.

What’s my method? 1st I dust mop with my micro fiber rectangular pads, then I vacuum the edges and inspect for any little rocks that will scratch. Then i clean with my Vibe loaded with a neutral cleaner and superzorb bonnets.

If people want it to look like new, I tell them where they can rent a box sander.

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
That’s a good plan. I can do whatever from lightly sand screen to full blown restoration. I have all that too. And you can make real good money. But you can do everything and I already have a lot. I think you do better sticking close to what brought you to the dance.

Reactions: Nomad74

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I already placed my order on the dirt dragon. If I’m not happy with it, I’ll send it back with their 30day guarantee and get that t1

What makes it better?

CJ-FL

Name
CK-FL
I already placed my order on the dirt dragon. If I’m not happy with it, I’ll send it back with their 30day guarantee and get that t1

What makes it better?
As you could imagine, Steemer guys are hard on equipment. I never owned a Dirt dragon because of the bad feedback from other franchise owners but what I can tell they said the T1 is much more durable. we have probably 15 T1's with the oldest probably being close to 5 or 6 years old.... surviving a Steemer tech who will just toss it in the back for 5 or 6 years has to say something for its durability. My main complaint is the squeegees themselves.. if the tech doesn't raise the "vacuum head" or store the unit on it's back the squeegees will warp. They also turn "gooey" after about 6 months of use and need replaced (about $40).

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Steemer tested the battery version but apparently the batteries only lasted long enough for a small job. Maybe 4 or 5 rooms, then you were dead in the water. We chose all plug in models
If it’s problematic then Matt will buy it. :)

steve_64

Here’s what I’ve found with customers that want their hardwood cleaned. And this is why I hate cleaning hardwood.

Usually when I walk in the hardwood is scratched and beat to hell. The customer hasn’t swept it well and there is dust along the baseboards. You really need to manage expectations. Customers seem to think that by cleaning the floor it’s going to look glossy and new. Nope, it will still look like shit, just clean. This is why I hate doing hardwood.

What’s my method? 1st I dust mop with my micro fiber rectangular pads, then I vacuum the edges and inspect for any little rocks that will scratch. Then i clean with my Vibe loaded with a neutral cleaner and superzorb bonnets.

If people want it to look like new, I tell them where they can rent a box sander.
I clean with a hard floor wand and put on an acrylic finish for those willing to pay. The finish is applied with an applicator and only takes a little effort. No sanding or repairs just a nice glossy Finnish.

Reactions: Nomad74

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
I clean with a hard floor wand and put on an acrylic finish for those willing to pay. The finish is applied with an applicator and only takes a little effort. No sanding or repairs just a nice glossy Finnish.
What product?

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
cancel the order, good F'n gawd dude, you are seriously as dense a rock.
My customer is rushing me to get this job done my next Monday. So I’m getting everything shipped as fast as possible. If I cancel it tomorrow, it’ll push it another day or two.

If it sucks, I’ll just swap it out for the tenant.

CJ-FL

Name
CK-FL
I
My customer is rushing me to get this job done my next Monday. So I’m getting everything shipped as fast as possible. If I cancel it tomorrow, it’ll push it another day or two.

If it sucks, I’ll just swap it out for the tenant.
lll sell you one of our used T1’s... half are the green Tennant color but more recently Corporate got them in Black and private labeled. I’ll replace a green one with a newer black if you’re interested. PM
me tomorrow if you are

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom