Would any of you MFr's like to comment?

Mikey P

Administrator
Marty had this to say on another forum..
If the average attender is of the same moral character as Mikey, then I question what anyone would gain from attending. Try to recall any positive photo shots our discussion based on any past Mikey Fests. For every one you can think of, there are two or three making fun of attenders or associated with attempts to discredit, hurt the feelings of, or generally defame the name of someone else.

Mikey is not a good guy. He seems to have very few real friends.

I can not think of a reason why I, or any self-respecting person of normal moral character, would subject themself to that atmosphere.

It appears Merty really is as clueless as he comes across in print.

Bob Foster

When Carma catches up to Mike and he has Kenworth or Peterbilt logo deeply embossed in his forehead they will grind him up and make him into kitty litter because he has such good self-absorbing characteristics.

Giorgio

Name
Giorgio
M8F was really neat.

My wife and I even sat down with about a dozen other cleaners and had the best 3 course meal of our lives (including red wine and desert).

Wish you all could have been there!

I admit at first I was apprehinsive about attending because mike and I (and several others here) have had major online battles over differences in opinion. thought for sure I was gonna have to kick Mikes ass, Crowleys ass, Meats ass and greenies ass all at the same time. :lol:

but it wasn't like that. Just a bunch of hard working fellas with common interests, hanging out, chit chatting, checking out new toys, and attending training classes. No attitues, hassles or BS. Just freakin perfect!!!

Thanks for hosting such a killer event Mike!

Would I attend another MF? You bet!

Am I overdue for a good beatdown? Probably. :mrgreen:

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Just a bunch of hard working fellas with common interests, hanging out, chit chatting, checking out new toys, and attending training classes. No attitues, hassles or BS. Just freakin perfect!!!

Exactly.....

BTW...tell your wife I said thanks for encouraging me to eat this thing.......

IMG_0122.jpg

pretty sure it is still stuck inside me somewhere........

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Trust me Jim- that thing sliiped right out the next morning lol.

MF is like a CAD with classes and people from all over the country. Makes it more cool that we can be idiots here on the board together and then when we meet or get together it is like reuniting with long lost relatives.

I had a great time ad lik George said the meals were great!

Ken
Ps George- hope your mom is doing okay after her bicycle accident.

Giorgio

Name
Giorgio
We had a mini family reunion at a campsite near Lodi. My 70 year old mother was showing off her bicycling abilities to the grand kids when she took a hard spill. Broke her pinky finger, bruised her tailbone and had a golf ball sized lump on the back of her head. That night my stepfather woke her every couple hours to make sure nothing serious.

She's doing fine Ken. Think it hurt her pride as much as anything. :oops:

Thank you.

Giorgio

Name
Giorgio
Jim Martin said:
Just a bunch of hard working fellas with common interests, hanging out, chit chatting, checking out new toys, and attending training classes. No attitues, hassles or BS. Just freakin perfect!!!

Exactly.....

IMG_0122.jpg

Lol. I'll tell her.

For some reason that thing looked much tastier after a few glasses of red wine in a dimly lit restuarant.
hey Marty, blow me

F

FB7777

I had a great time at the first MF Nashville. I don't recall any bad threads about that event.

Marty seems upset that you called him out on the Vortex sale.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
George III said:
[quote="Jim Martin":27mcph2l]

Exactly.....

IMG_0122.jpg

Lol. I'll tell her.

For some reason that thing looked much tastier after a few glasses of red wine in a dimly lit restuarant.
hey Marty, blow me[/quote:27mcph2l]

To be honest I could not tell you how it tasted...Once I tipped the thing into my mouth.... I chased it around for a while trying to bite it before it just slid down......

I bet I looked like a dog trying to get peanut butter off the roof of its mouth.....

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
I've enjoyed every MF I've attended. The best part is getting to know the real people behind the keyboards....most of the time you would be pleasantly surprised.

This industry is full of some of the best folks around, most of them, myself included, a bit dysfunctional. No one's perfect.

Take care,
Lisa

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
truckmount girl said:
I've enjoyed every MF I've attended. The best part is getting to know the real people behind the keyboards....most of the time you would be pleasantly surprised.

This industry is full of some of the best folks around, most of them, myself included, a bit dysfunctional. No one's perfect.

Take care,
Lisa

Sooooo....Why weren't you there?

Do I only get to meet one boad superstar per Mfest??

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
It was fun.
Lots of good people and a friendly, supportive, positive atmosphere.

If I was from the left coast, I might have said: "good vibes."
Nice event. Thank you.

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Some people just like to complain about EVERYTHING, it takes a lot of work to put together an event. Give you a lot of credit for pulling it off every year.

Mikey P

Administrator
Thanks Shane

and it does take months of daily work pulling MFs off.

Most attendees and vendors enjoy the hell out of the events and the camaraderie and come back every chance they get.

As for Bob's and Merty comments about the fest being all about me....

Couldn't be further from the truth.

They come off like jealous school girls.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Mikefest is certainly not all about Mikey. I attended the entire event and managed to avoid Mike at least 95% of the time. We even had dinner together but I sat at the opposite end of a long table.

@ Brian I'm sorry if meeting me put you over your limit of one board celebrity per event.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
More like: hey Marty, blow me

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
scottw said:
Mikefest is certainly not all about Mikey. I attended the entire event and managed to avoid Mike at least 95% of the time. We even had dinner together but I sat at the opposite end of a long table.

@ Brian I'm sorry if meeting me put you over your limit of one board celebrity per event.

Actually, I really enjoyed speaking with you Scott.....Rather than just a handshake at the end of it all. lol

You're one of the cooler people on this board....and you're very similar in person. That doesn't happen often.

More times than not, a person is an Ass on MB and then cool in real life.

Kudos to you for keeping it "real" in the "unreal" as well as the "real"......No Really.

PS. Since I met you at MF 7...This year doesn't count against my superstar quota.......Yes, it was Mr. Snow that was the MB Rockstar this year. Iseeru

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Like I said, take a warm bath, open up your wrists and ......bleed out.

Leave this world knowing you are unLOVED.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom