WTF?? Vortex dry times based on your previous equipment?

Able 1

Name
Keith
I would like to see one of those vortex in action! Going to the 2.5 hose how much more can you get out of your vac.? Those TM do look good though!!

Keith

Walt

That's right, the carpet is dry before I leave. No dry passes. It's amazing what you can do with 390 atw and 45 inches of lift and 5000 cfm.

Oh yeah, 24 inch wide greenhorn wand with .48 flow. But only hacks are still using 2.5 hose. Now it's only 4 inch hose.
:lol:

Able 1

Name
Keith
I just can't see spending that much. They do look like vary nice TM but 80k is alot of rug sucking! I think 50k is the most i would spend for a new van and TM. This is my third year and with my set up and it cost me 45k and i only have 41,000 on my van.

But to tell you the truth I don't like to deal with high maintainance custy's anyways and you will get plenty of those with a rig like that!

All and all, to each his own, I like power too!!

Keith

Able 1

Name
Keith
Walt said:
That's right, the carpet is dry before I leave. No dry passes. It's amazing what you can do with 390 atw and 45 inches of lift and 5000 cfm.

Oh yeah, 24 inch wide greenhorn wand with .48 flow. But only hacks are still using 2.5 hose. Now it's only 4 inch hose.
:lol:

LOL now that is some funny s---! You must be one ripped mofo if you are running anything more then 2.5! I have a health club membership to my ti glided wand and 4 to the door (right now)
I really don't see a benifit of running more then 2.5 you wouldn't even be able to move a glided wand

keith

Mikey P

Administrator
When the day comes that you consistently pull in $1000 or more all year long and your back is getting soar and your wife hates the grump who comes home to her then its time for a Vortex.

or another truck.

Mikey P

Administrator
You aren't getting the whole point.

A Vortex or AreoTech is for DUAL WANDING!

No other commercially available machine (from reputable companies) can do what a VAT was built to do.

Don't' let the freaks who single wand with these beasts confuse you about their real purpose.

Mikey P

Administrator
At what point in monthly review would a VAT not be seen as overkill in your eyes?

IMO, no cargo van mounted rig can carry all the tools a real pro needs to be well prepared.

Mikey P

Administrator
This is an old picture.

P8170032.jpg

You can't see the Mop bucket, snail fan, AP, CX20, Defender, Tile tools, 60 bonnets, 4 tarps, steamer, 2 HF, Mytee Boss, GLS, Greenhorn, 2 PC hand tools, 5 floor brushes, emergency road kit, Multi, 400 of vac and 500 ft of pressure hose, 175 and much more.

You could not fit half of that in a Cargo without having to empty it all out to get to something in back.

Name
Bruce
adcomp said:
"Vortex customers typically find that their drying times have been cut almost in half. This means that if you are typically getting 6 hour dry times with your current truckmount, you can expect 3 to 4 hour drying times. If your drying times are typically 3 hours you can expect 1 ½ to 2 hour dry times with your Vortex."

Do they ask what your previous unit was and set the capabilities up accordingly?

Just lookin around and thought that was odd..... :D
I just figured they were talking about different parts of the country , some parts of the country being dryer then other parts of the country.

TimP

For the record the vortex is up to just under 90,0000.

For my business I pretty much don't think I'd ever buy a new vortex. Maybe a used one but I'm more looking at other machines. I only need to dual wand 1-2 months a year right now. I'll never be at a a consistant 1 grand a day income. But that's just me.....

Name
Ron lippold
I love mine and would not be without it. There is no doubt I would not be where I am now in business without one. Trade in that 401k that is doing nothing and go BIG just be ready to work.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
I am definitely with Frederick (Advaclean).
You can buy your choice of a boxed truck, I’d go with a diesel. Add a good quality slide in, a lay out that suits your specific needs and still come way ahead then paying for a V.

Mikey P

Administrator
kolfer1 said:
I am definitely with Frederick (Advaclean).
You can buy your choice of a boxed truck, I’d go with a diesel. Add a good quality slide in, a lay out that suits your specific needs and still come way ahead then paying for a V.

No dual wand so it's apples and oranges boys.

TimP

What about the diesel genesis or gas genesis as a slide in???? With an LP booster....I think it will give a Vortex a run for it's money!! Also the HM titan looks promising.

TimP

Have you tried the the mentioned slide-ins with 2.5 hose, Mikey, to know for sure?

Rex Tyus

Mikey P said:
Dream on.

Only a 6008 or larger can truly dual it.

I have often wondered what "truly dual it" means. My poor weak ass Cleanco has more thump factor with one wand off the floor than my buddys boxxer does with only one wand. Does that mean you can not truly single wand with only a 45?

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Frankly I do not know about dual wanding, (sounds like Debbie does Dallas,) never done it.
I am more interested in a good machine for one person that will allow enough space to carry what's needed. And in a van there is never enough space.

I have my doubts though about how much is really needed for dual wanding. I guess if one belong to the more power, more cfm, more pressure- the "more more more and that is still not enough club," then one needs a V or an AT.

Actually, one got to have it.

That is until then next supper sucker, bigger, meaner, mine is............then yours, comes along.
And then one got to have that.

Now, isn't life grand?

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Mikey P said:
Dream on.

Only a 6008 or larger can truly dual it.

so all those 59 blowered used V/ATs are just over complicated, over capacity, single wand units in an expensive to maintain box truck?

:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

..L.T.A.

TimP

I suppose when you get a new Vortex with the #7 blower you'll say that it's the smallest blower that will truly be a dual wand machine. :roll:

Walt

Does the 7000 in a V carries more CFM than a 6008? - isn't it under driven?

Walt

Reply from a Freak (aka someone running a V with just one wand most of the time)

I don't think a VAT is over priced at all - not even remotely. In reality, for what you get they are some of the best priced machines on the market. You can fit tons of stuff in them, have a great company presence and a very reliable truck.

That doesn't mean that a VAT for everyone. There are plenty of places they just don't fit. Areas with narrow streets and driveways comes to mind. Also those with sensitive hearing (and want to keep it that way) need not apply. Perhaps the newest ones have solved that problem - but I would want to see a calibrated db meter right at the truck not 50 feet away. And at 90k with out shelving, or extras it's a lot for a new business to deal with.

Also, if the truck cost more than the homes you are cleaning it would be very silly. Or, if you have employees. And of course, if you drive a lot to service your area a vehicle gets 10-12 mpg is probably not a good fit.

I'm certainly no expert, but I think Mike might be wrong about the 6008 observation. Running 2 tools with 2.5 hose you can feel a difference when the other guy lifts the wand. Why? Not enough CFM. The 6008 only creates 600 (albeit at 18 inches of lift) That only leaves 300 per tool, which 2.5 hose can move very efficiently. When every one was running 2 inch hose, it may have been the only true blower that could handle it (needing the lift to carry the air far enough). Now with 2.5 hose, blowers with even more CFM might be the answer. A properly plumbed 59 or the 7000 running at higher rpms comes to mind - with extra heat exchangers or a propane booster. That machine isn't on the market (unless the DXT or Titan works as promised). Still they would need to be carried in a box truck to haul all of Mikes gear.

Mike Draper

I really couldn't justify a V ot At unless I net a minimum of 25G's a month. That's the magic number for me. However, It would be nice to have all the extra space. I get so damn tired of not having room for anything in my 3500. I have to plan my day on what I need then load that stuff up in the morning. gotta do what you gotta do though.

TimP

Nobody is doubting the space issue. And that is a big one. I wish I had more space in my van too. But if you can find a deal on a used cab over box truck and slap a slide-in in it. I think it would be a very potent system.....especially a genesis diesel and a LP burner for dual wanding. I wouldn't need to dual but 1-2 months a year. I'm thinking seriously of going that way for my next TM in just over 3 years from now.

Of course by then after some of the guys have put their genesis and titans through their paces I'll know for sure if they are good enough or not.

Walt

Why the 25k? The difference in price per month would only be a few hundred dollars. An increase of just 1000 per month in sales would easily cover the cost increase. Though I think anyone doing less than 12k shouldn't consider it unless they have deep pockets and plan to grow.

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
I have read so many threads about how important this truckmount is, etc., and BIGGER is ALWAYS better. I have to admit, the V and AT are very impressive pieces of high production machinery. I've seen the V in action, and it does take your breath away standing next to one while it is running.

Guess what? You are way more impressed about YOUR truckmount than your customer is.

As you all know, it is the entire impression made by YOU, to YOUR customers, YOUR knowledge, YOUR communication skills, YOUR expertise in your craft, YOUR attitude to do your very BEST at every job (even if it turns out to be a difficult job for whatever reason), that sets you apart from those who don't take that path.

You can have a roaring monster parked in the driveway, or a reasonablly priced, quality production truckmount. It doesn't matter the machine so much as it matters how effective your machine is in tackling every kind of cleaning encounter; from rat nasties to high-end, and high rise cleaning jobs — A TM that requires little maintenance, one that seldom needs repairs, in short, one that makes your life easier, costs you less to operate, BUT, most importantly, is that YOUR customers are ALWAYS satisfied with their experience in having you do cleaning for them.

-JB-

Name
JB
Guess what? You are way more impressed about YOUR truckmount than your customer is.

THAT is the single most accurate statement made so far. PERIOD.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
JB said:

THAT is the single most accurate statement made so far. PERIOD.

I feel an Amen coming

wait for it...

Clearing throat...

Amen.

Image is everything and that includes the image you leave behind.
IE; clean carpet, warm fuzzy fealings and plenty of stuff for them to remember you by.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom