WTF?? Vortex dry times based on your previous equipment?

-JB-

Name
JB
Maybe someone needs to develop a 175 w/a siren, and flashing light. :mrgreen:

boazcan

Name
Bryan C
Mikey P said:
I noticed both Tom and Bryan are missing the single most important tool.

a basic 175 floor machine.

Yeah, I was thinking of buying the adapter for the rx20 to use as a 175 because we do not use very much. The Icapsol makes a great prescrubber for both carpet and tile. We can buff the tile with CX20. After all these years, I haven't bought one. I was thinking of buying a 13" to use for buffing tile after color seal. Easier for one man when we are solo.

captaincarpet

Name
Thomas Cermak
a 175... you hacks need one of those to get carpets clean?

7 pre sprays, 3 boosters, 20+ spotters and an Aero Tech Truck

what would I need a 175 for?

If I want a "rotary" I will use an RX-20... thanks!

boazcan

Name
Bryan C
Brian Robison said:
Bryan,
How do you like that Omni sprayer?
I'm thinking of getting one.

It has been good for 16 months. Trigger went bad after I ran too much acid tile cleaner through it. I only use a mop for that now. No problems so far.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
boazcan said:
Brian Robison said:
Bryan,
How do you like that Omni sprayer?
I'm thinking of getting one.

It has been good for 16 months. Trigger went bad after I ran too much acid tile cleaner through it. I only use a mop for that now. No problems so far.

Cool, thanks.

Yea I use throw away pump sprayers for the tile. Eats it too bad.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
captaincarpet said:
a 175... you hacks need one of those to get carpets clean?

7 pre sprays, 3 boosters, 20+ spotters and an Aero Tech Truck

what would I need a 175 for?

If I want a "rotary" I will use an RX-20... thanks!

cause nothing works better for a heavy soiled com than a 80-90 pound rotary scrub w/ aggressive VCT pad followed by flush/rinse extract.

..L.T.A.

captaincarpet

Name
Thomas Cermak
"80-90 pound rotary scrub w/ aggressive VCT pad followed by flush/rinse extract."

So your basically saying GRIND it in, scratch it around & flush/rinse ... it will look better than it did no matter how much damage I create?

Sorry that is NOT how I clean carpet, however if you like it... go for it.

And before you say it creates no permanant damage I will lay down the BS card.

TimP

It don't damage the carpet if you lubricate it properly. I say you make more damage leaving the dirt in than loosening it with a lubricating pre-spray and a heavy flush than not getting it out and clean in the first place.

Although I only have used my RX with a white pad....rx is maybe 80lbs and doens't spin near as fast. But I have never seen any damage.

Mike Draper

How about using a prochem procaps machine for pre-aggitation after you pre-spray and then wand it.....Nothing works better!!!! Well, actually a RV-360 does :eek:

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Mikeyxj8 said:
How about using a prochem procaps machine for pre-aggitation after you pre-spray and then wand it.....Nothing works better!!!!

I have to disagree with that, j8.
the cylinder brush will dig out more crUd, but nothing shears soil off a com fiber like a roto scrub

Tom, I know you're a go getter, sharp guy and very knowledgeable CCer.
So consider this, how much abrasion do you do you think a roto scrub does compared to millions of foot steps over the same dirty com that only gets cleaned once or twice a year?

..L.T.A.

hogjowl

Idiot™
I used to swear that nothing was better then my Whittaker GLS at prescrubbing carpets. I think I thought that because of all the crud it brings up from the pile. However, it had been years since I'd used my 175 and I had never used a shampoo brush on it. Now that I have, I swear nothing is better than a 175 with a good brush on it.

For prescrubbing prior to HWE, pads and bonnets SUCK!

Able 1

Name
Keith
Mikeyxj8 said:
How about using a prochem procaps machine for pre-aggitation after you pre-spray and then wand it.....Nothing works better!!!! Well, actually a RV-360 does :eek:

I'm not a big fan of the 360. It was acually too light to be effective and it seemed like the motor was stressing right out of the box. Tile would be the only thing I would use it for, but then there is the turbo force at half the price.(think that is what it's called, got a good review from here)

But if you can sleep at the end of the day thats all that matters!

Keith

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Mikey P said:
IYO what constitutes a "good" brush?

please, do tell

cause the shampoo brush I have doesn't even hold a candle to synthetic green striped scrub bonnet.
Let alone a red VCT pad

..L.T.A.

Able 1

Name
Keith
I would pick any scrubing method over the 360, never tried a red pad yet but will soon. The only thing I have used is the brush with brisles and worked great compared to the 360.

Mike Draper

What I'm saying is pre-scrub with the pro-caps, then 360. Of course most guys are hacks and they just use a rake and a wand!

Mike Draper

it seemed like the motor was stressing right out of the box.

I have around 1100 hours on my 360 motor. Never had a problem with it "stessin". Sounds like an excuse for laziness to me.

G

Not to soft and not to hard,man that sounds like alot of other things :lol:

Kevin

In other words,dont use your dry block and if it reforms just in the 2 min. you left it

captaincarpet

Name
Thomas Cermak
Just to clarify:

If a wand, good pre spray & good heat can't get it out... RX-20

650 cleaning passes per minute, high flow, jets close to the fiber for "sheer force" and keeping heat,
good extraction, and mechanical advantage... it never gets tired even if you do!

if that doesn't work I think kerosene and a match might be my answer.

I've just been trained "flush rather than grind".

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
Mikey P said:
I noticed both Tom and Bryan are missing the single most important tool.

a basic 175 floor machine.

Looks like Tom has a Brute/Defender. Why does he need a 175? IMO the OP will scrub at least as well as a 175, (if he were so inclined).

hogjowl

Idiot™
Well, there are some who would prefer the OP machine, and I understand how they might think so, but I am not one of them. An OP machine will not run a brush on carpet, and pads just don't scrub as well as brushes.

And, there comes a point at which production efficiency should become a goal (for any serious business) and an OP machine is just too slow.

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
admiralclean said:
Well, there are some who would prefer the OP machine, and I understand how they might think so, but I am not one of them. An OP machine will not run a brush on carpet, and pads just don't scrub as well as pads.

And, there comes a point at which production efficiency should become a goal (for any serious business) and an OP machine is just too slow.

Wheeled OP machines are about the same speed as 175s and scrub better. Pads are more effective because there is more contact with the fiber.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom