WTF?? Vortex dry times based on your previous equipment?

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
Forget Vortex or AT's, This will be the next generation of carpet cleaning, and 4 to the door.. ha, we'll be going 12" to the wand, And instead of 1000' of hose.. we'll be talking 10,000 feet.. Clean entire collage campuses from one location! :roll: :wink:

vacall.jpg

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
Guess what? You are way more impressed about YOUR truckmount than your customer is.

sorry but from what I have seen you are wrong, had our V for almost a year and every one of our repeat customer that sees it is impressed over the cargo van we use to pull up in, makes it a whole lot easier to charge more money, carpets are cleaner with less chemicals, dry so much faster

a bigger slide in, box truck and then you gotta buy electric hose reel, ect is gonna cost you $60K and you still won't have the room of a V, smaller waste and fresh water tanks also. Over a 7/6/5 year period the payment really isn't that much more for what you get, insurance went up $25 per month

Only a 6008 or larger can truly dual it.
very true statement, I have had a 427 BOXXER and a Thermal Wave II. There is no comparision even from the new Titan machine. When running dual wands you can tell the other wand is off the carpet and you would need post heater to keep up dual wanding

there is a CRB, OP machine, rotary, backpack vacuum, RX 20, 3 airpath fans, 2 wands, I can also put an auto scrubber, propane buffer and ladders in there all at the same time and I still have a 230 gallon waste tank and over 200 gallons of fresh water along with the water softener
vortextruck4ga3.jpg

100' of 2.5" hose, 300' of 2" hose and 400' of solution line
vortextruck5dl8.jpg

if you think you can dump all that in a box truck, you blowing smoke

Walt

Nice looking rig Steve. One of the nicest I've seen.

Putting a slide in and outfitting like yours would far exceed 60k. A box truck of the the caliber you have new would cost at least 35-40k. An install comparable to your V with Stainless reels, freshwater tanks, large waste tank ect. would probably cost about 10k. A 59 slide-in would go for about 27k with an APO.

So I'd say about 75k+ to have something near what you have with a slide in. Not much of a difference in price and in the end it wouldn't be as nice of a set up unless the Aussies put it together.

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
Thanks Walt, it is a little messy in that old photo

don't take me wrong but why not another V

I really liked the Genisis set up in the Sprinter when I seen it last year at connections but it still didn't have the room I needed and at the price they wanted I just couldn't see buying it with the V sitting a few feet away from it

Walt

DXT - It's a different animal all together. Sprinter Van gets about 22 mpg. The engine in the slide in should get about 1.2 gal per hour in single wand mode and about 1.4 in dual. Very efficient. Technically it should be a much cheaper vehicle to operate.

The cool thing is that included in the price was a lot of custom design and shelving. But your right, you would never get all that gear in a sprinter unless you packed in there so tight you could barely shut the door.

BTW - I edited my post above.

Able 1

Name
Keith
sweendogg said:
Forget Vortex or AT's, This will be the next generation of carpet cleaning, and 4 to the door.. ha, we'll be going 12" to the wand, And instead of 1000' of hose.. we'll be talking 10,000 feet.. Clean entire collage campuses from one location! :roll: :wink:

vacall.jpg
That is what I used to do for a living before carpet cleaning hydro-vac excavating that is a real truck screw the vortex!

Able 1

Name
Keith
But that truck is at least 250,000 but they charge just like a v!

G

Mikey, what is the cfm on that 6008,you might have forgotten a steam action years back that was 1200 cfm.

Kevin

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
adcomp said:
uuummmmm....yours is in a box

what kind of box truck you talking about, $25k or $40/$50K, if you want a TM and box truck for $55K then you are getting a gas power small box truck, I assumed that was where the conversation was going

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Shawn wrote

Even a shitty "I don't care" cleaner can do a decent job with a Vortex. 275 degrees constant on a high flow wand takes up a lot of slack.

You were making sense until you said that. I would imagine a shitty cleaner could do more damage with more power. And at the end of the day the equipment is no match to the knowledge and ability of the person using it. That goes both ways.

Granted, a V in a well done box will def up your image, but how many customers meet you in the driveway to check out your rig?
It does happen, but they will care more about the way you look personaly and how you make them feel at the end of the job.
And of course the cleanliness of the property.

If I had to put a number on it...I would say maybe 10 people...usually men.. will come out to see the rig. Women almost never do unless they are already out there.
And you guessed it..Housewives between 25 and 45 are my main Demo for residential.

G

I think you are dead on Brian, and Shawn, one could argue that your just another salesman with the same bs line.

Kevin

The Preacher

what happened to the BIG TRUCK Les Judson said he could put in a Ford LCF???

isn't the Reactor supposed to suck like a $500 Vegas hooker???

i'd say a BIG VACUUM to get the dirt out of the carpet prior to wetting it would be a better investment and get the carpet A LOT CLEANER!!!

Fon Johnson

I call BS.

I convince my customers that we know what we are doing on the phone. I don't need a big truck to impress them. It may be a nice tool, but if you need it just to clean and impress your customers, you have other business issues to worry about.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Fon Johnson said:
I call BS.

I convince my customers that we know what we are doing on the phone. I don't need a big truck to impress them. It may be a nice tool, but if you need it just to clean and impress your customers, you have other business issues to worry about.

That about says what I was gonna say so thanks.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Shawn York said:
but blowers behave VERY differently when powered by diesel. A diesel 75 hp motor and a gasoline 75 hp motor will make the same exact blower produce very different CFM and Hg's. Your big brawny 6008 would not be nearly so tough if it were being turned by a 75 hp or even a 100 hp gas engine.

How does that happen, Yapps?
If the belts aren't slipping from grease dropping on them
(like happens with some of the V/ATs)
or the gas engine is sufficient or over capacity HP for the blower and pump, what's the difference?

Now don't get me wrong, I understand a little about torque curves and diesels.
I also understand plumbing restrictions, so no need to go there.

But a blower is a blower.
If it's spinning at X RPM and not slipping or bogging down, it doessn't know the difference of what's driving it

share your pretZel loGiC fizziks with me

..L.T.A.

captaincarpet

Name
Thomas Cermak
FYI \

Tom Cermak's had his AT for over 2 years now and still Lovin every minute!
8-06-07006.jpg

Fan's, Dehu's, repair tool's, vacuum , Airpaths, Rover...spotting kits and more!

Big trucks love them hate them want them ... your choice ... I've made mine!

And The AT was only 72K with water softner, wands, engine heater and side light.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I would just cringe every time I opened that door........

How do you get things in and out of there with out killing yourself...........

how do you get to the filters.........

Nice electrical box on the left there BTW..one of the better ones I have seen.........

you should put it in a water prof box though.......

captaincarpet

Name
Thomas Cermak
That picture was just for that particular day, what is in the back changes almost every day. , some days we're set up for Tile & Grout, some the power stretcher and/or mini stretcher are in back for Repair & Reinstall, Some days both Dye kits... some days nothin but fans & dehu's for floods...
I'd need an extra 18 wheeler if I wanted to take everything everywhere.
The back can be a nightmare when we are multi tasking on the same day!

(but its a lot better than trying to do all that out of the back of a van lol)

As far as filters and such, vacuum out for cleaning first, Wands next for cleaning, then filters are easily accessable.

Greenie

Lose the ball valve on the third vac port, it's only 1.5" ID, swap out the grey pastic elbows for galv ones. I'll post pics of a coolcuff modified galv elbow you can plumb in, just follow it as a template as you already have the rest.

Vanifold02.jpg

Vanifold07.jpg

Yes, those are Starter (adapter) cuffs threaded into the Galv. elbow, we do them here cause it's a pain to do by hand. It absolutely flows better when done.

boazcan

Name
Bryan C
It was time to clean this beast out today. It is like a VW at the circus, stuff just keeps coming out and out and out.

IMG_1356.jpg

Took the blower shelf out today to make room for the floor machines. Only carry AP for the most part and they don't fit on there anyway.

IMG_1358.jpg

IMG_1359.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom