After years if not a decade of testing I hereby declare the best post spotter in the world to be...

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
Fels and 40.

Clean with what ever you got and when a stain remains give it a good soak with fresh undiluted liquid 40 and rub

Honestly, if that wonder combo does not take out what your nuke pre spray can't, just admit defeat and move on.

This lump of human doody sat for over a week while the gent was in the hospital.

View attachment 76693

I hit it with 40 first, no rinse, SS Green which got all the solids and turned it more yellow and sort of spread it out, then the 40/Fels got the rest completely out

Who ever says Fels does not rinse well must use an 02 -03 flow wand.

Never a discoloration issue or a resoil problem if used with common sense.
Thanks for sharing#humandoody

steve_64

I think our CitraGreen with some new hi-tech surfactants & citrus solvent

used straight as a spotter will remove more stains than fels.

Of course it requires ample rinsing at that strength.

http://www.cobbcarpet.com/zen/index...earch_in_description=1&keyword=DCCG1+or+DCFB1

In our spotting classes, our Odor Attack (Oxidizer + Enzyme) took out more stains than every spotter brought to the class by cleaners.

http://www.cobbcarpet.com/zen/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=65&products_id=1127
Larry, I've been using banes gel solve with amazing results. I wonder how yours compares. I may have to try some on my next order. Sane with the peroxide.

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
That could work.. or you need to upgrade from this phone.
1281688414194_hz-fileserver2_433639.jpg

:lol:

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Woohoo! You guys just ruined how you appear to the customer when you scrub that carpet with a bar of soap. I hated how that fels felt when it got wet. Nope, give me a solvent gel. If you want my fels, I’ve got a whole bag of it in my shed that I’ll never use again.

Mikey P

Administrator
I can recall ONE customer asking me what I was rubbing on the carpet, when I said Fels-Naptha her eyes crossed and she walked away.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
While that subject is up, here's what Felt-Naptha means
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fels-Naptha

It's interesting what happened to the inventors of this stuff after they closed the doors. Philanthropy. There's so many ways that can be branched out to different types. I wonder what specific type of Philanthropy they got in. Such a weird, dramatic change in a career. It seems that they could continue to run the business and get into that field at the same time, which would help fund it. They mustve made a fortune off that business to be able to just turn the open sign off, and not needing to sell it

Mikey P

Administrator
But a unmarked spray bottle is seen as Professional?

I hate to over use a Martyism......

What's professional is getting out a stubborn stain in a matter of seconds and not bringing in a spotter bag and going through six or seven bottles before nailing it, if ever.

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
Part of being a professional is using the most effective tool for the job.

If it happens to be a bar of Fels Naptha then what is the problem? I keep one in the cell phone holder on my spotting belt. The belt is embroidered with my logo and gives off a professional look. If a customer sees me pull this magic bar of soap out of my bar of soap sized pouch on my pro looking belt, they can just keep watching and they will be impressed that I was so effective and efficient.......and professional.

Sometimes we as cleaners have to get out of our own head. Most customers wouldn't know Fels Naptha if it hit them on the head. The select few who know about it usually understand well, the value of such an effective and inexpensive tool.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Knowing Fels, a more accurate description will be that your belt gives off a professional scent.
I wish it didn't have such a strong grandma-ish perfumy smell. It makes small kids ask for candy :winky:

Last edited:
Reactions: BIG WOOD
Back
Top Bottom