Bonzer Rip-off

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Look, I'm not sure what Erik's deal was with Cintas but it probably made sense to him at the time. It gave Cintas a nice usp which they didn't really use to their advantage as well as they could have. That's the nature of being in business. We know that eventually someones good ideas will be copied and other people will make money on someone elses blood, sweat and tears. We don't have to like it and while we can, we can try to put the bullies in their place. Eventually, they will probably win out but at least we can have our say. That's what this board is partially about. We can bitch and complain and sometimes, maybe we can make a small difference.

Mikey P

Administrator
You never heard of the SS Upholstery Pro?

Btw the TRex are total rip offs of the RV360s.

And to mess with your morals even more, Mytee will be unveiling their Zipper rip off in January.

Do you have any idea how many Bonzer Bashers own a Mytee Dry?

Last edited:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I've been bitching about that POS upholstery tool since it sprayed me in the face at MF Aptos.

It looks like it but damn if they didn't fook it up. :oldrolleyes:

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
So the moral of the story is, if you have a good idea, don't waste time and money on patents, copyrights or trademarks. Raise enough capital to market your product successfully so that you can get all the money you want or need quickly, because, you know someone is breathing down your neck, just panting at the idea of ripping you off. That's just the American Way.

Bob Pruitt

Name
Robert Pruitt
Don't like Canadians trashing American Business. I was being nice withe the video... Sort of showing you what you were doing. I know it's not really about Canadians. Anymore than All American business is only about the dollar. You want to bash American business you have to come down here and vote democrat. You won't need an id. :arrrr: We are still pals and agree on supporting our friends.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Don't like Canadians trashing American Business. I was being nice withe the video... Sort of showing you what you were doing. I know it's not really about Canadians. Anymore than All American business is only about the dollar. You want to bash American business you have to come down here and vote democrat. You won't need an id. :arrrr: We are still pals and agree on supporting our friends.
When I say American, it's just an expression. Canadian businessmen have the same attitude, I'm sure.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
The whole problem with ROTOVAk is that they copied the sapphire upholstery tool albeit with the pee on yourself feature, no charge, and they got away with it.

Now they want to see what else they can rip off and get away with it.

Just a foolish choice for a company that had it going good with their rotaries.

And now I hear rumors of some guys partnering up to send both of their units to China and clone some of their stuff.

So I guess what goes around comes around.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Also like Erik and many here, these tools aren't even close when it comes to build quality.

Anybody spending money on the knock off is probably to cheap to ever buy the real deal.

The real problem is if they associate the real zipper performance with the knock off. Judging Eriks work based on what appears to be more like a toy.

Like what do you think about the zipper? I tried a bonzer and didn't like it.

Even though there's a lot of Zipper love not everyone who try's it buys it.

Rotovac is taking a risk going after this market, I'm sure they understand it's a double edged sword.

Reactions: ronbeatty

mwall2230

Name
Mike Wallace
Where was this outrage when RV and Mytee rip Keith Studebaker off?

I think myself and maybe one other dude spoke up.
Mike I remember when you spoke up against RV about Keith's upholstery tool but I dont remember you doing the same for Erik. I may be wrong but I dont remember reading anything.

Reactions: dealtimeman

rhino1

Name
Chris Bolin
OK, so the little guy (us carpet cleaners) got kicked to the curb in favor of Erik getting in bed with a big guy (Cintas) who marketed their exclusive new tool, and used it against the little guy. Now, no longer in a deal with Cintas, we- the little guy- are the market for the Zipper, but there is suddenly another option or two, at a lower cost, that maybe wouldn't have existed if Erik had sold everyone Zippers initially and cornered the market instead of selling out to Cintas.

Isn't it ironic?

Reactions: GreenTechAgain

Doug Rice

Supportive Member
Keith is one of the best humans in this industry.

It was a bit shocking to see someone from his church screw him over. Especially THAT church.
What did Kieth originally build that was copied? I need to be updated but I do own some Airpath dryers and they are the best.

FredC

Village Idiot
OK, so the little guy (us carpet cleaners) got kicked to the curb in favor of Erik getting in bed with a big guy (Cintas) who marketed their exclusive new tool, and used it against the little guy. Now, no longer in a deal with Cintas, we- the little guy- are the market for the Zipper, but there is suddenly another option or two, at a lower cost, that maybe wouldn't have existed if Erik had sold everyone Zippers initially and cornered the market instead of selling out to Cintas.

Isn't it ironic?

well that is my opinion....at least as far as all the david/goliath/little guy bs being thrown around.....just not a bandwagon I can get on

but its also possible that it was a necessary move to insure the survival of the zipper....cause iirc it was selling well to owner ops.....but that could be because of the way he chose to distribute like @John Olson said

Saiger had yet to convince everyone it had potential as a residential tool:lol:

I would buy a zipper over a bonzer if I needed one right now..............but I can't go around acting like the bonzer is a pos (its not) or that Erik is David..........sorry to the folks who think I should

Edit: It would be interesting if we could observe and compare an alternate timeline where the zipper got knocked off by RV during the time a BDCC couldn't buy a zipper.......

wonder if RV would be the one looking out for the little g

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom