Bonzer Rip-off

Mikey P

Administrator
Mike I remember when you spoke up against RV about Keith's upholstery tool but I dont remember you doing the same for Erik. I may be wrong but I dont remember reading anything.

You have no idea how much time and energy I've spent with both Erik and RV over this clusterfuck.

The Mytee/SS incident showed me that even the best of virtual friends will screw each over $50.

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
If Erik is sure his patent is being infringed he needs to quickly and vigorously defend it in court, or do nothing - there really is no middle ground. The mark of a great invention is that others copy it.

And marketing will determine which one is the most successful - not which one performs best or is built best - unfortunately.

even the best of virtual friends will screw each over $50.
Sad but true....

Mikey P

Administrator
You have no idea how much time and energy I've spent with both Erik and RV over this clusterfuck.

The Mytee/SS incident showed me that even the best of virtual friends will screw each over $50.

Its also a situation of Mytee being known for a history of knock offs of other products VS Rotovac who up til now, only had two. At least their ShearDry uses a very different glide, while Mytee's is a virtual carbon copy

I've voiced my displeasure with RV plenty.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
But if RV was selling a Zipper copy of the same quality for a thousand less you would buy theirs and not think about anything other than the G you just saved.
I believe the key word is "IF". The Bonzer is not the same quality, not even close. The issue is the price is close but not the build.

I don't give a rats what anyone buys as long as they know what they are getting. References have been made that its just like a Zipper.
Just as a Ford Focus is like a Ferrari. They both have wheels and you drive them. :shifty:

Bob Pruitt

Name
Robert Pruitt
I just want Erik to make a rotary like the 360i but with his quality behind it.
I would bet the build quality would be amazing. Someone needs to help him with Marketing and his website so more Cleaners would get to know the zipper tools... maybe Fred... he did a great site for Mike. Also be very cool if Jon Don had it available...for their more serious Clients.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
If your patent is solid, going to court could be worthwhile. Cliff has been on the winning side of patent infringement cases against knock-offs of his stuff though; he knows the territory.

My decision which of these tools to buy would start with which one works best. If one works better, that's the one. If things are close to equal, I'll then balance price and build quality with how I'm going to use the tool. If my techs are Klowns and we're going to use the tool frequently, I'll pay more for one that can stand the abuse. If I need the tool for a few jobs and my techs are responsible, the more lightly built machine might be a better fit. Liking the people behind the product is fun, but business is about Return On Investment.

The market will decide if there's room for all.

PS: You could say that Studebaker's rotary is a rip-off of Monson's rotary and Monson's furniture tool is a rip-off of Studebaker's. Both are different enough that neither is suing the other, just competing on price, effectiveness and build quality. As much as I personally like Keith and loved the first generation HydraDry, the Shear Dry is a better fit for us now.

PPS: Rico still doesn't believe that the Shear Dry squirted him because I opened the valve on the hose whenever he looked at the base of the tool. I think if he watched me do it he still wouldn't believe it. I'm going to walk up shaking a root beer, give it to him and see if he opens it. :twisted:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
If your patent is solid, going to court could be worthwhile. Cliff has been on the winning side of patent infringement cases against knock-offs of his stuff though; he knows the territory.

My decision which of these tools to buy would start with which one works best. If one works better, that's the one. If things are close to equal, I'll then balance price and build quality with how I'm going to use the tool. If my techs are Klowns and we're going to use the tool frequently, I'll pay more for one that can stand the abuse. If I need the tool for a few jobs and my techs are responsible, the more lightly built machine might be a better fit. Liking the people behind the product is fun, but business is about Return On Investment.

The market will decide if there's room for all.

PS: You could say that Studebaker's rotary is a rip-off of Monson's rotary and Monson's furniture tool is a rip-off of Studebaker's. Both are different enough that neither is suing the other, just competing on price, effectiveness and build quality. As much as I personally like Keith and loved the first generation HydraDry, the Shear Dry is a better fit for us now.

PPS: Rico still doesn't believe that the Shear Dry squirted him because I opened the valve on the hose whenever he looked at the base of the tool. I think if he watched me do it he still wouldn't believe it. I'm going to walk up shaking a root beer, give it to him and see if he opens it. :twisted:

lol fooker! :biggrin:

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I always prefer quality over price. You get what you pay for. It seems like Erik stands behind his work. I need a machine that is going to reliable from the get go, it costs too much to ship it back and forth if it needs repairs. I will have to learn to do the maintenance myself, which I do on all my other machines. I look forward to meeting Erik in Vegas and I will be probably be walking away with one of his machines. probably a spinner.

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
Hum..
Isn't the Bonzer to the Zipper-- as the Zipper Super Spinner is to the Hydro Force CX-15?:stir:

but I will say Erik's versions are more durable.

Wing It

Supportive Member
Name
John Wingfield
Why couldn't RV knock off the brush pro with a crb unit that can also be submerged and sell it for a grand less? That would be a great knock off!

Mikey P

Administrator
giphy.gif

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Jimmy L (Mikey disguised as Jimmy) was right I should have just said what I said in my last post and just left the truth out as mikeys isn't a place for truth anymore

Last edited:
Name
Curt Johnston
I would bet the build quality would be amazing. Someone needs to help him with Marketing and his website so more Cleaners would get to know the zipper tools... maybe Fred... he did a great site for Mike. Also be very cool if Jon Don had it available...for their more serious Clients.
JD would sell them all day if there were just one or two versions.

Erik's customisation of jetting, trigger placement, colors etc, isnt something they can train a sales tech to do..
Say what! Speak for yourself Mr. Non-professional Tech/Sale's man;)

Reactions: Bob Pruitt

Mikey P

Administrator

Just like in real life, the 1%'rs rule the world.

All the best manufacturers design their line to please the online cleaners

The reat get to enjoy the trickle down effect.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Gee Olson remind me to never tell you any info in confidence.

Kind of like a woman and gossip.......... : )

Reactions: SamIam

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom