Bonzer Rip-off

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Gee Olson remind me to never tell you any info in confidence.

Kind of like a woman and gossip.......... : )

Huh? All that is public knowledge. I didn't share anything secret or told in confidence or what hasn't already shared

John Olson

Name
John Olson
And if anyone still doesn't understand I am all for The Zipper. Its hands down one of the best tools ever built for our industry. PERIOD. Id have them on my floor right now if they made monetary sense. When someone wants one I sell them a ZIPPER but there is no money in them to floor or inventory them.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
I knew he had lots of queers as friends............by his sensitive emotions he shows : )

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Dude, I see where you are butt hurt because you are not making anything off a hot item that is in demand.
HOWEVER that is not what this is about.

Erik is a great guy but that is not why I buy Zipper's from him. He could be a jerk and long as he sells a quality product people will buy from him. Look at J.B., it hasn't slowed people from buying from him.

Erik improved on the CX-15 idea, had Roto done the same there wouldn't be a ruckus. But that's not what they did, they knocked it off and are charging nearly the rate of a superior product. (like the reference? :biggrin:)

and I didn't buy because Mark said it was good. I bought because the Zipper is good. :cool:

Reactions: Jimmy L

Bob Pruitt

Name
Robert Pruitt
If Saiger said it was good...then it's good. If a guy who sells things for a living tells me it's good... then I have about a hundred questions to verify he knows what he's talking about... then I ask Mark.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Dude, I see where you are butt hurt because you are not making anything off a hot item that is in demand.
HOWEVER that is not what this is about.

Erik is a great guy but that is not why I buy Zipper's from him. He could be a jerk and long as he sells a quality product people will buy from him. Look at J.B., it hasn't slowed people from buying from him.

Erik improved on the CX-15 idea, had Roto done the same there wouldn't be a ruckus. But that's not what they did, they knocked it off and are charging nearly the rate of a superior product. (like the reference? :biggrin:)

and I didn't buy because Mark said it was good. I bought because the Zipper is good. :cool:
Did you actually read what I wrote our just start typing?

Reactions: Desk Jockey

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
:hopeless::hopeless:
How'd i know this was going to happen.:icon_rolleyes::icon_rolleyes::icon_rolleyes:

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Last I'll post on this as the truth spoken plainly seems to have left mikeysboard for some reason. Erik can end the bonzer as a threat by making the zipper the number one product in the country in every store. The people online have one or will buy one soon and his available market will be gone. Why Rotovac has stepped up to fill the hole. My advice was to never let there be a hole and it's still my advice and when asked yesterday tomororw and forever it will be to buy a zipper. But I'm one guy in Little ole Utah that has sold zero bonzer a but several zippers and referred even more.

None of that changes the truth though so Chavez or anyone else that wants to twist what I said that's ok read it again it was all the facts no punches no agenda no ass kissing facts.

Now Erik how can I help you Put more zippers into people's hands :)

Reactions: Desk Jockey

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Designs on a filter is something other guys have done before Tom irrelevant to bring Rc99 into the picture. Toms already said he's not in competition with Joe.

Spinner technology has been around for years, the zipper brought a different water delivery system but didn't steal any other ideas.

Rotovac is implementing everything about the zipper except back Jets, and a inferior handle.

Erik looks to be more is a quality control guy and wants to be hands in on every zipper.

So be able to build enough inventory to have these units sitting in distributors show rooms would be a monumental task.

Lastly he probably likes his business model the way it is, making a decision to get in bed with Cintas was his choice with his product.

That ended and now we can all have zipper love. That doesn't mean because Erik did the Cintas thing he deserves to get copied and screwed!

Weird way of adding crap up.

I wouldn't say I would never buy from Rotovac I just wouldn't buy anything knocked off.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
I agree with above post but it goes further than that at least for me.

When I saw the bozo for the first time in Atlanta, initial thoughts were was that it looked and felt like a toy or gimmick of sorts, but held my opinion untill I tried it for a few minutes unsuccessfully on test carpets in the demo area. For goodness sake the ROTOVIC boys couldn't get it to work.

AND THEY STILL SOLD THEM TO SOME SMUCKS FOR 1500 DOLLARS WICH TO ME WAS THE WORST PART.

so now they have further tried to complete the copying of the zipper by adding the wheels and it still does not operate well(yes I have heard 2 people say it was better than Atalanta but that doesn't mean anything because the bozos we tried in Atlanta were complete and utter failures to begin with) so "better'is a grain of salt in comparison.

I saw the video of some operating the newer version in Nashville and it looked awkward at best as it is a bathroom- taking a crap idea that they forced to market have the zipper head copied and attached to a 360 Handle. Not user friendly and worth no more than 495 retail.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
The problem with a retail item is mark up, Rotovac makes some good products that make them and they're distributors money.

Erik would have to add significantly to his price if he were to manufacture with a distribution chain. Unless he could get each zipper built for pennies on the dollar in China!

TConway

Supportive Member
Name
Thomas Conway
I would like to say something and this is not out to be taken the wrong way. Erik is a cleaner, and while he cleaned he thought long and hard about how to make his job easier, and he came up with the first Zipper... Now as I understand it....He then was approached by Cintas and they offered him big money????
Now any of you out pushing a wand.....would you have not done the same thing? We are carpet cleaners and if someone came to you and said will give you x amount for product...really think about this, Erik was not rich, he was out cleaning carpet at all hours, and what money he did have I'm sure he was sinking tons back into this tool. So for Erik at the time was like OMG this is it! I am actually gonna make some money.
Now that is in the past, Erik is still a carpet cleaner and being that he is still a carpet cleaner he also understands that we work hard for our money, and to put this tool in the stores would make this tool close to what 2800-3000.00 so that the Distributors can make there cut on the tool. I am not knocking distributors but for small production guys it is very hard to make a tool and still make it affordable to the public.
I understand distribs want to sell the tool but if it puts the tool to to high of a price tag it is not really right to black ball someone for that, it really isnt fair and I know this is the world we live in but dam a guy shouldn't be shit on for trying to better the industry, his family, and other carpet cleaners by trying to keep the tool as reasonable in cost as possible.
In all honesty I wish Roto Vac would just look at this whole deal and just ask is this really worth it, is this tool really gonna make us that much money. For the backlash that is being given...but the internet crowd is pretty small I understand.
The reason I say this is they are pricing it at a lower cost yes and they will put them in stores....but is that target market going to fork out 1500.00 for this vs a 360I or just a regular aw29 or a cheaper 14-15" wand.
The video RV made at the CAD when guys were trying the Bonzer no pun intended do you think they would spend the 1500.00 for it? Or the other little guy in the other video cleaning the pit dinner. Do you really think that guy is gonna fork out 1500.00 on this tool?
The zipper is a LOVE/HATE kinda tool, I love the Zipper but I don't have the work for it, my company is just not setup in the kinda work it was built for, and it is built perfect for it, I bought the Zipper for two accounts that I had, they have replaced carpet in both with hard flooring. so I ended up selling my zipper to help me with some funds for my own projects. The weight of the Zipper is very important, anything lighter and the vac hose would rule the tool and you will end up fighting with it.
I wish Erik the best, I wish RotoVac the best, and I wish this would just come to some light and both parties would find some way to work this out.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom