BUTLER - is it my next truck mount?

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
my biggest thing was the salesman told me the hours on the machine don't count towards the warranty, after i asked for proof they sent me a paper and it said it does. so i booted them off the list of potential machines i would buy.

Not sure what paper you received, but on mine, the hours ARE NOT considered against warranty.

If there is abuse of any nature, then you would not receive warranty which maybe you misread....but that would be true on any warranty.

In any dealership, having a good relationship with the person in charge of warranty (service manager) might also be important as they can make a lot of decisions on the spot to help with a warranty issue....I find this true even if no carpet cleaning unit installed in a vehicle (my personal vehicles I am trying to say)

Butler Vehicle Information section of manual0004.jpg

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Here is the entire front section of my owners manual dealing with the warranty question. Ford guys later in the pages and more to it, but really looks like still coverage....and right now, I believe New style Fords are not being used by Butler because of the unibody system and really not as much weight hauling capacity.

Butler Vehicle Information section of manual0001.jpg
Butler Vehicle Information section of manual0002.jpg
Butler Vehicle Information section of manual0003.jpg
Butler Vehicle Information section of manual0004.jpg
Butler Vehicle Information section of manual0005.jpg
Butler Vehicle Information section of manual0006.jpg
Butler Vehicle Information section of manual0007.jpg
Butler Vehicle Information section of manual0008.jpg
Butler Vehicle Information section of manual0009.jpg
Butler Vehicle Information section of manual0010.jpg

Reactions: Todd Millar
Name
Brad Gouveia
you could always get a extra hour meter to toss in before you take it to get the warranty service done :lol:... If it even happens.

Take care of the van and doubt you will have any problems.

Reactions: Todd Millar

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
  1. They didn't use to, because the van manufacturers were not aware of the heavy use. Now they are and it makes sense.
  2. Didn't mom teach you not to believe every single sales pitches? I mean, just look at Richard.
  3. Your friendly local dealer may and will provide you with an hour gauge reversal service. Though, they may charge an exponential hourly fee per reversed unit of time. As they should.
  4. Try reversing the blower's direction. It will turn the van from a sucking into a blowing instrument, surely to reverse the time clock :winky:.
I read the fine print, so Sapphire is the one i chose.

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott

line 11 and 12 saiger. remember gm is the one determining the warranty not butler.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
A finely worded document Mark.
To me it seems clear that in all warranty issues the hours of the machine at 1 hour equals 33 miles, will be applied.
It is written in black & white.

And in all fairness it should. The engine is working.
So in that regard I don't see any difference between Butler and any other manufacturer.

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
I'm sure if you have an outstanding track record with your local dealership that they might cut you a deal or not mention to chevy that you have a pto driven machine in your van. but all the new engine computers have hr meters built into them. so doesnt even matter what your machine says.

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
Brian, other things not related to the engine will always be covered, even the tranny probably will, but have they ever asked you what the big ass machine in the van running off the pto shaft is and how it works? or do you have a deal where they look away.

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
im not doubting that butler is a good unit, but i'm all about having state of the art, top of the line, built for performance, so sapphire was my choice. i dont like the 90 bends butler has on their units, or the fact that the design really hasnt changed in so many years. which is good for repairs, but technology changes so fast its ridiculous.

Todd Millar

Name
Carpet Solutions
Wow, all this talk about applying engine hours against the warranty is foreign to me.

We are probably the largest single purchaser of Butlers in the country and we have never had an issue with the hour meter counting towards mileage when it applies to the vehicle warranty.

I have had 3 Butlers and have taken all of them in for service at a dealer at one time or another and NEVER had an issue with the hour meter or the amount of hours on my machine.
I have never been asked about it either.
Having said that I keep my van and machine VERY clean so it looks new , not abused in any way.

Reactions: Tony Wilson

hogjowl

Idiot™
im not doubting that butler is a good unit, but i'm all about having state of the art, top of the line, built for performance, so sapphire was my choice. i dont like the 90 bends butler has on their units, or the fact that the design really hasnt changed in so many years. which is good for repairs, but technology changes so fast its ridiculous.
That's the exact opposite of my reasoning. I wanted sound, proven history for my purchase.

This industry is well known for the latest and greatest being not so great.

May your purchase be all you want it to be.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
We are probably the largest single purchaser of Butlers in the country and we have never had an issue with the hour meter counting towards mileage when it applies to the vehicle warranty.
....but then again we have been dealing with the same dealership for 20 plus years.

Maybe that's the answer Brian.
Purchasing power from Butler and buying lots of vans from the same dealership has its benefits.
Doesn't it?

In all fairness, with my previous 3 Cds's by Hydramaster, the hours did not count towards the warranty either.
Though it was quite tiring. I'd go to the dealership. The union mechanics will raise hell. I'll get my supplier, the dealership where it was bought from and HydraMaster involved, and eventually it was always taken care off. A nuisance of a ritual none the less.

Reactions: Scott S.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Been running Butlers forever in our family and never once had the issue of warranty with regards to hours.

Matter of fact I have been able to purchase after market warranties for units after factory warranty expires and they also know about the pto driven systems in them... They even put it in writing since the VIN number indicated it had a unit (Butler in this case) installed.

With the Butler, they take into consideration the entire van for durability, not just the cleaning unit. Their cooling of the entire van is vital to them as well as many other small items most people do not know about that Butler keeps pretty hush on.

We get thousands of road miles and thousands of hours on our Butlers... Makes it worth it to us...

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
That's the exact opposite of my reasoning. I wanted sound, proven history for my purchase.
This industry is well known for the latest and greatest being not so great.
May your purchase be all you want it to be.

just so you know i have a manufacturing background of 13+ years, and manufactured aerospace parts. i know what quality is, and what "awesome" looks like.

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott

again, be aware i bought a pro1200 that runs the same way the butler does, pto shaft. Im not against slide in's i own one also, and not against a cds.

just saying that when it comes down to peanuts, the butler dealer lied to me, and hence i ran like hell away from them. chevy is going to count hrs if they want. on any van they want. from any dealer they choose. Just saying why i ran away from butler, and i also plan on buying an aftermarket warranty. Which Sapphire may potentially investigate into (helping customers by finding a company that will offer an aftermarket warranty, that knowing unit runs off the engine).

saiger, so if chevy has your vin stating that there is a pto in your van.... so if they throw a fit about pto driven units you might get tagged as one of the first to be denied a engine warranty. my vin does not designate any such thing.

not trying to make you mad saiger, just pointing out things you have shown us here.

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
my vans also have engine and tranny coolers, just like the butler vans. mine even has a fan that once the van engine gets warm it blows air accross the engine and tranny cooling them. Factory installed. booya.

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
pro1200 takes belts that can be bought anywhere, serpentine belt for engine, pto shaft belt to blower, blower to water pump belt, all available at auto parts store. no special belts.

no bad batches and waiting from a distributor. auto parts stores are all over.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton

not trying to make you mad saiger, just pointing out things you have shown us here.
Impossible.
How on earth will you get Mr. Happy mad?
I'd like to see that.

On the other hand he may go on a Zipper or Butler video posting binge.
In that case I'd rather you got him mad :winky: Which brings us back to where we started. Point away.

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
i consider the pro1200 and the saiger version very close competitors. i however dont like that there is 12 ft of bends and hose run around in a butler van, sapphires hose goes threw the prefilter and right into the tank. no bends. no restriction.

however, i do like the fact that they have shelving, and differant configurations.

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
oh and the silencer is nice too. but i have not compared the two for decibel levels.

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
one thing that i this is a big help is that the pro1200 sits up inside the van on the water tank, keeping it away from the cold and possible freezing exterior of the van, so if there was ever a super cold night (saiger temps) you dont have to worry about the hoses and such that touch the floor, door, etc in the van. as long as the air is warm your pretty safe.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom