BUTLER - is it my next truck mount?

Tony Wilson

Name
Tony Wilson
hey guys and gals. I've been a cleaner for 17 years now and have been running slide-ins this whole time. (Prochem and Hydramaster). On my 8th year with my Everest. Time for a new rig. Not because the unit is wearing out, the everest is still going strong. But my van is getting tired. Lol.
Anyway, keeping this rig for back up and ready to move into a new one. Really want a van powered system for space savings and everyone I've talked to loves theirs. Most all van powered owners near me (Santa Barbara County, California) owns Hydramaster CDS. And my local service/supply guy services and sells them. However he does not handle Butler.
My question is what does a butler owner do when he/she has no local resources for this system? Is it truly a wrench on it yourself machine? or would I be better off staying local with a blue machine

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
just ordered my Pro1200se from pembertons. I looked at butler, and saiger is a huge advocate. but sappire is for me, and i already have another sapphire tm that is kicking ass. so added another. I already had a ton of equpment to outfit another van though.

hogjowl

Idiot™
You mentioned space savings. There's a LOT of things about the Butler that makes it a great choice, but space savings is NOT one of them.

I don't think you can go wrong, mechanically, with a Butler. It's a great machine, from all I've heard over the years. I almost bought one.

I am picking up a new Cleanco at the end of the week. What made my decision for me was:

1) I'll have fairly local support (3 hours away) from the only dist. I have ever known. And, one I completely trust.
2) The Cleanco offers much more room for my ever growing mound of bulletin board, over-hyped tools.
3) They gave me a little over $6000 in discounts.

Mikey P

Administrator
I was very impressed with the Cleanco heat in Vegas. We had some many hoses running in when I asked what truck I was playing with I fully expected to here "870 or Aerotech"

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Hey Steve. How do you take delivery. Do they ship your van to you?

I believe they will deliver, or include a 1-way airline ticket to their factory, and you can drive it home. At the factory, you will get complete training on your machine before driving away.

Reactions: Brian H

Brian H

Name
Brian H
I believe they will deliver, or include a 1-way airline ticket to their factory, and you can drive it home. At the factory, you will get complete training on your machine before driving away.
We prefer to have ours shipped. We used to pick them up but decided it was better all the way around to just have them shipped.

Tony Wilson

Name
Tony Wilson
Makes sense. Anyone know the average $$$ for one of these complete packages with the chevy van? Would be kind of fun to fly back and drive it home. Lol

Todd Millar

Name
Carpet Solutions
I have been running Butlers for 15 yrs. I live in Virginia and have had no problems that I could not fix or that Butler could'nt walk me thru on the phone.
Very easy to work on.
You should check on getting the Saigerized version from Butler.
I am hoping to upgrade mine to a Saiger Butler in the spring of 2016

Reactions: Mark Saiger

Todd Millar

Name
Carpet Solutions
They make all the vac hoes hook ups for 2.5 inch hoses all the way to the live real. It only costs $250 for that option.
The normal Butler has a 2 inch vac hose set up

Name
Brad Gouveia
They give a a few names of companies that will ship it for you. When I got mine shipped as I could not afford to take the 3-4 days to drive it back so I paid to have it shipped. They make the parts very easy to swap out with quick connections and it is fairly easy to get in and work on if it does break down.

you might be able to buy the one they have at the experience show if it is not sold, would have to call and talk to them.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
I think they do have the experience show one out there in storage in Vegas yet....

Regular length version.

For my Butler, we have it tweaked very simply, but I run 2.5 inch hose for more kick....

Mikey did a video of it on here....let me find the thread....

And for repair....very simple for the most part to work on if needed.

Not much we have go wrong that isn't easy to fix really....

With the Butlers, I like how they take into account also the durability of the van as well. Little things they do especially to cool the entire van as well as the unit.

Plenty of suck and squirt and heat....

You can call me with specific questions if you wish too 218-259-9099 my cell

Video look of new unit here with Mikey P

http://mikeysboard.com/forum/index.php?threads/vegas-saigervision-unwrapped.280015/

Tony Wilson

Name
Tony Wilson
Thanks Mark. How long is your live reel with 2" and love those burlap tarps. I use burlap but putting the plastic tarp on top makes sense. Looks like they won't bunch up like mine.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Thanks Mark. How long is your live reel with 2" and love those burlap tarps. I use burlap but putting the plastic tarp on top makes sense. Looks like they won't bunch up like mine.

I carry 100 feet of 2.5 inch on the reel and then I carry another 100 feet of 2 inch in the back of the van. I am not sure what the reel will hold with just 2 inch. I know I tried 50 feet of 2.5 and then got another 75 feet of 2 inch on the reel, but the last 10 feet was pretty tight when trying it....

For tarps, we use the canvas with a poly coating on them.

Here is a link for that

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...liid=I25BSRIUDJ60O7&ref_=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl

Here is an old link to the 2.5 info and how we set up...now Butler just made a little better hook up for us in the front

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
my biggest thing was the salesman told me the hours on the machine don't count towards the warranty, after i asked for proof they sent me a paper and it said it does. so i booted them off the list of potential machines i would buy.

handdi

Supportive Member
Name
Randy
i have had a cds for 14 months now so far so good
its nice to have someone close by to work on them or for support
had 2 minor issues with mine so far a phone call fixed both
neither issue put us down though.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
my biggest thing was the salesman told me the hours on the machine don't count towards the warranty, after i asked for proof they sent me a paper and it said it does. so i booted them off the list of potential machines i would buy.
  1. They didn't use to, because the van manufacturers were not aware of the heavy use. Now they are and it makes sense.
  2. Didn't mom teach you not to believe every single sales pitches? I mean, just look at Richard.
  3. Your friendly local dealer may and will provide you with an hour gauge reversal service. Though, they may charge an exponential hourly fee per reversed unit of time. As they should.
  4. Try reversing the blower's direction. It will turn the van from a sucking into a blowing instrument, surely to reverse the time clock :winky:.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wing It

Wing It

Supportive Member
Name
John Wingfield
Butler has a massive waste tank, a dependable track record, and mechanics who could talk any decent wrencher through any problem. I prefer the tried and true over the latest and greatest.

Reactions: Todd Millar

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom