BUTLER - is it my next truck mount?

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
I'm pretty sure the pro1200 doesn't require one either, neither does my rage.

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
if you plug a hose into the machine there is NO water transfer pump, only if you have onboard water would you need a water transfer pump.

the garden hose hook up feeds a tank thats above the water pump and gravity feeds the pressure pump.

Name
Lee Stockwell
if you plug a hose into the machine there is NO water transfer pump, only if you have onboard water would you need a water transfer pump.

the garden hose hook up feeds a tank thats above the water pump and gravity feeds the pressure pump.
Yes of course, THAT can be your pressurized water source.

However in the real world being dependant on that will be a PITA very often.

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
So your bitching about a water transfer pump, when there is almost always water available at the home or business? yeah i have a water transfer pump, but the fact that butler doesnt have to have one (im guessing) and the fact that every other machine does is some huge advantage how? and makes a cleaning difference how? and makes a performance issue how? come one less, its like saying blue or grey is a better color. it actually doesnt matter. Mark and I dont doubt eachothers machines, we were just debating some of the bigger factors that make a difference.

Name
Lee Stockwell
"Almost" alway water...lol Yes there is, except where there isn't.

I carry 150' fresh water hose and all the fittings, municipal valve tools to refill if needed. I try to minimize that by filling my 160 g tank at home or "easy" fill sites while Jon is already cleaning.

Reactions: Todd Millar

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
my current van has a hydrowell, and the new van will have a water pond. tada. ....

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
I see and understand what lee is saying as the vortexes have no transfer pumps and the silly issues that ensue for there normal shortcomings.

We have had multiple trucks that do have transfer pumps as the majority of units need them to fill water boxes/wells and such.

Right now our new sapphire is just a hose feed machine and will not get a tank but it is a major inconvenience to run tankless(fresh) along with the liability of operating spigots that are not your own.

Our tankless rig is just going to be used for commercial hard surface jobs and is trailer mounted so no tank on it for the weight savings.

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
if one of the water transfer pumps ever goes down there is always the one on the other machine i can steal.

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
im glad you guys found 1 thing. haha congrats. but doesnt that mean the pump is sitting on the floor of the van, wouldnt that be a bad thing in really cold temps?

Brian H

Name
Brian H
if one of the water transfer pumps ever goes down there is always the one on the other machine i can steal.

Scott,

You are right, you can just swap the transfer pump from your other machine if it goes bad. All you need to do is drive back the 20 miles from the job site and swap it out. Ask me how many times that happened when I was with another company...

I love your enthusiasm regarding your recent purchase!!! I know you want every one to jump on the Pro1200 bandwagon to make you feel better about your decision. The truth is there are quality machines besides that out there. No single machine is right for everyone, I hope this truck works out well for you.

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
Scott,
You are right, you can just swap the transfer pump from your other machine if it goes bad. All you need to do is drive back the 20 miles from the job site and swap it out. Ask me how many times that happened when I was with another company...

I love your enthusiasm regarding your recent purchase!!! I know you want every one to jump on the Pro1200 bandwagon to make you feel better about your decision. The truth is there are quality machines besides that out there. No single machine is right for everyone, I hope this truck works out well for you.

Yes brian i understand your experience working for another company, but not my company.. the pro1200 is the latest and greatest, and built like a tank. and i dont doubt that the butler is also, but there is a noticeable difference between them even on paper.

if you saying butler has zero problems i think you would be sadly mistaken. Dont forget that that most places have water and that there is a very slim chance that i will be out a water pump and not have access to water. besides my other van can always drive to me as i keep prepping the next area.

you guys picking on an accessory and not the actual machine is kinda a hit below the BELT (referance to butlers exclusive belts) as many other things could also go wrong with both machines, at any time.

so what happens when your butler blows a belt and your tech didnt put any extras in the van, guess you would have to drive 20 miles home and switch them out huh.

Last edited:

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
Hey you hagopian don't come round here bullying my fellow mikeysboarders or I'll come up there and you knows what!

Truthfully told there are machines out there for all different kinds of setups and types of cleaners with their likes and dislikes. Pick the one you like the most.

Also Scott, if your cleaning is dependant on a vital part such as a demand pump, just carry a new on under the passenger seat of the van. It will only take 10 minutes or so to switch out and you never need to worry about getting water from your fresh tank to your machine.

All machines that do not directly draw water from their fresh tanks or have water boxes, require a transfer pump.

The butler doesn't require one because the pump sits on the floor thus gravity and atmospheric pressure feed the high pressure pump without a demand pumps help.

Our 5cps pull/ draw water up and over 4 feet span to feed itself but not all pump can draw like that.

Last edited:
Reactions: Scott S.

Brian H

Name
Brian H
Yes brian i understand your experience working for another company, but not my company.. the pro1200 is the latest and greatest, and built like a tank. and i dont doubt that the butler is also, but there is a noticeable difference between them even on paper.

if you saying butler has zero problems i think you would be sadly mistaken. Dont forget that that most places have water and that there is a very slim chance that i will be out a water pump and not have access to water. besides my other van can always drive to me as i keep prepping the next area.

you guys picking on an accessory and not the actual machine is kinda a hit below the BELT (referance to butlers exclusive belts) as many other things could also go wrong with both machines, at any time.

so what happens when your butler blows a belt and your tech didnt put any extras in the van, guess you would have to drive 20 miles home and switch them out huh.

I totally agree with you Scott!! I apologize for not communicating it properly. You have made a decision based on your wants and needs and I trust that it will work out for you.

Others also make decisions based on their specific wants and needs. Isn't it wonderful that we have choices!

Reactions: Scott S.

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
i dont need anyone to jump on my band wagon, i am very confident of my decision, which if you ask jim pemberton took 6 months of planning. and picking rick aranda's brain multiple times, and while still researching butler, and clean co's machines. reading manuals for each machine, seeing schematics for each machine. and talking to reps from each company. and talking to people who own each of the machines.

Name
Lee Stockwell
I went thru a bunch of transfer pumps over the years, and always kept a spare on the truck along with a spare fuel pump and belts. Still do.

Get your spare NOW so that Murphy leaves you alone.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
Most pumps that have a flood or 0 psi requirement for intake pressure will draw very well up to 3 feet.

The smaller generals will only draw once completely primed.

Worked on many machine that the pumps won't draw and as water temperature goes up there ability to draw goes down.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom