BUTLER - is it my next truck mount?

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
The main downside for a cds is if you wreck it. One less engine to mess with.

If your really concerned about flow get rid of the 1/4" hose, it's the bottle Neck. You can't push more than 3 gals. regardless of pressure or jet size. You'll really see a difference if you jump a hose size.

Gene

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
machine is coming from pembertons, waiting on the install then probably getting it wrapped. shiny wheels might have to wait as I have work waiting for the new van. It needs to make some money first, but defiantly want some rims like saigers.

Todd Millar

Name
Carpet Solutions
The area between the seats is wide open except for the black PTO shaft that runs back to the Butler unit. I keep a small trashcan, water jug and my scheduler their in an organizer that sits on the floor.
It keeps all that within easy reach for me.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
You know something is wrong when guys get that invested and identified with their brand of "equipment".

Last I've heard, my bank account has no idea which truck mount I use. Hell, it doesn't even know I sold my zipper.

Name
Marcus
Not 100% sure on these specs for flow rate! but it know pressure washer guys only are concerned
With GPm and the GPm is limited by the size of nozzle they use.
No matter how many GPm your pump has it will be limited by the jets.
For carpet cleaning 1-1/2 GPm should be plenty especially if you have a scruuber .
In general. Jets with 2-6 are about 1/2 GPm?
Jets with 6-10 about 1 GPm
Jets With 10-15. About 1 1/2- 2 GPm
Can't get much over 2 GPm with the 1/4 inch hose and
Don,t really know any applications that need that much anyway accept grease pit

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
I think the best part of this entire thread, is we all had a bit of fun picking on each other and feeling really good about our purchases....

I really do need to congratulate Scott S on his new purchase and I feel his excitement....

I can't tell you how much fun it is to have a new TM, new Van....and just that dang good feeling of accomplishment that...."I bought that!" and "I made this happen with my hard work"! :)

Seriously congratulations, and I think you have made a good choice as well based on your needs and who you can purchase from....

I am as excited for Scott S too....and Marty :)

I hope everyone get's a chance to have this feeling sometime in their careers as cleaners.

You all deserve it! :)

So, I am looking forward to seeing pics, videos....and all kinds of great news about all our purchases here on Mikey's Board! :)

Now let's got get some cleaning done!

WE All have Truckmount Payments coming due! :lol:

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
machine is coming from pembertons, waiting on the install then probably getting it wrapped. shiny wheels might have to wait as I have work waiting for the new van. It needs to make some money first, but defiantly want some rims like saigers.

The van and pro1200se will both be at pembertons shortly, van is getting rhino lining. Then getting outfitted.
Cant wait to put it to the test.

Trying to find out which helper wants to step up to alead tech and run the old van.

Reactions: Mark Saiger

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
ever use your steam cleaning capabilities to cook some crawfish with your cds?

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Reactions: Scott S.

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
never mind.

marty, let us know what your cleanco can do once you got some time on it.

i think its rather cool that we all bought the 3 of the 4 biggest names in direct drive units.

Last edited:

rick imby

Name
Rick
Interesting to see the different decisions made and why.

Saiger bought the Butler (was there ever any doubt?) because of his history with them.

Scott S bought the 1200 because it was the latest and greatest.

Marty bought the Cleanco because the only people in the world that will deal with him will work on it. (Anybody think they regret it already?) Also SS and Butler outbid Cleanco to avoid the nightmare before it happens.

Great fun...

Name
Steve Lawrence
how many pro1200's do you think are out there, each time the machine has been updated it got improved. pro1200 some guys are still running them, sapphire pro1200, still a fire breathing beast, new pro1200se, built for duel wanding, fire breathing, and smooth unrestricted airflow. even has a prefilter box that filters out the big crap so it doesnt clog up the main filter as easy. Just like the butler.
and sapphire has gotten the highest heat.

Sapphire airflow :rockon:
Butler airflow :hopeless:
Many Butler users bypass the live hose reel for awesome airflow. Plus, the really smart ones use 2.5" vac hose for the first 50-100".

Reactions: Mark Saiger
Name
Steve Lawrence
Wait guys. I'm out of popcorn. Be right back . . . . Lol

Stupid question. When you talk about flow, 6 flow at 200 degrees etc. or 12 flow? Is that pressure or? I should know this but . . . .

Tony, flow refers to the openings on the jets of your wands. Many jets are 2 flow as in 9002 (90 refers to the angle of the jet and 02 is the size of the opening which determines your flow. 3-9002 jets would produce 6 flow (2x3=6).

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
Many Butler users bypass the live hose reel for awesome airflow. Plus, the really smart ones use 2.5" vac hose for the first 50-100".
i have a manual right here with me on the butlers and the manual for the sapphire, but do look at my link to sapphires pro1200 manual and you will see there is no 90 degree bends into the waste tank, just straight in. i also have 2.5inch hose coming for the pro1200.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom