cds, cleanco, pro1200 users

hogjowl

Idiot™
Now we are getting into a serious issue. WITF did Sapphire change a perfectly reliable no maintenance drive shaft to something that requires not only grease fittings but removing the engine cover. I've never done this in the 28 years I've owned Pro1200s. In fact I've never removed the engine cover on my 03 Express but my mechanic has for various repairs and tuneups. I looked it up and it looks like a real PIA.

That's Sapphire for you.

Over engineered.

Reactions: Art Kelley

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
does the grease fitting on the front end under the hood sling grease or is it pretty minimal?
Now we are getting into a serious issue. WITF did Sapphire change a perfectly reliable no maintenance drive shaft to something that requires not only grease fittings but removing the engine cover. I've never done this in the 28 years I've owned Pro1200s. In fact I've never removed the engine cover on my 03 Express but my mechanic has for various repairs and tuneups. I looked it up and it looks like a real PIA.

Omg.... That looks like a major pain. And you know you are going to brake those clips off the side parts every time...

That's Sapphire for you.
Over engineered.

If anything I'd say it's GM that made things difficult. Did SS design the engine cover? My Ford it pops off in 30 seconds.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
Art!
That's why someone I know and learned to love, started this:

http://mikeysboard.com/forum/index....o-1200-uses-the-same-shaft-as-the-cds.280160/

All that greasing is way Way against my religion.
And you heard it here first, Grasshopper.

Ofer, you actually had to do this every couple hundred hours on your old CDS? And now Sapp-hire has their DD owners do this? This in itself would be a reason to buy a lesser unit like the Butler or the Cleanco just because this is an intolerable PIA. I think I will hold onto my old pro1200 a few more years and wait for the transition to the Euro-style van setup that Butler and Sapphire and Cleanco will figure out once the GM vans no longer accommodate driveshafts by 2020.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Butler and Cleanco are "lesser" TM's?
They're both excellent TMs. I just could never understand why Cleanco makes you operate at a low HG lift and why Butler didn't offer the large blower option. The pro1200 used thicker driveshafts and heavier duty components to allow for larger blower and higher HG operation. It used to be the much better TM but I'm not so sure anymore.

Reactions: KevinL

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
No ....Ofer..............you ignert slut..............it's YOU guys who own the country..................you know the same ones who live in Israel. They own the banks, hollywood, the newspapers...........TV networks etc.

Do a search...............look at the names of the owners................and then determine how they manipulate and brainwash all of us americans. : )

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Oh my Marty I thought you had a 6 th grade edumacation down......there.

Maybe that Kollege "Degree" you have only relates to a 6 th grade "degree" up here.

On line "Obama Degree" ?

Tony Wilson

Name
Tony Wilson

Oh hell no!! My Ford has 2 latches. that's it.. And what about the Hydramaster CDS???? with all the guts inbetween the seats, there's no way your getting that doghouse out right? I'm starting to like my slide in more and more :()

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
14 inches is low?
No that's excellent. It sounds like they have improved their machines since I last looked. When Rex Tyus would post, moderating in the Performance Room, he would go on and on about 4 to the door vs 2 1/2" hose and glides and improving lift, etc. all the while his Cleanco was set at 11" by the factory. I used to think, dang dude, just turn your vacuum up.

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott

Is The grease fitting not acessable from the actual hood, thats where i see a grease gun with a simple flex line being a huge time saver.

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
I also look at it like this, if you have to look at and touch the drive shaft you can see if it goes bad instead of finding out after you destroy shit. Even sealed grease less drive shafts will fail. Just so most people know, drive shafts whent grease less and sealed to keep debris out, however with the drive shaft being high on the chevy engine it might get some dust but nothing like a regular drive shaft by the ground would, and its in front of the tires, so no spashes of sand and dirt. Would have been nice to have greaseless but hey cant have the easiest everything. Beats changing oil all the time in a slid in, or couplers going bad, or worrying about a fuel leak inside the van, or your fuel pump rusting out.

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
ParkerGrease.jpg

ParkerGrease2.jpg

Reactions: Desk Jockey

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
Ok Scott I went and looked at the manual - now I remember seeing this when Mikey posted pictures, I had forgotten. The Sapphire manual mentions 250 hours, and seems to imply that removal of the inside engine cover isn't necessary, in fact they mention supplying a special grease fitting so it can be done under the hood. Am I reading that right?

Pro1200Driveshaft1.jpg

Pro1200Driveshaft2.jpg

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott

I'll take better air flow everyday since the pro1200 doesn't have 90 degree bends on everying vs having to grease a u joint once every other month. :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom