DO NOT DO ANY BUSINESS WITH ROTOVAC

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
The AmazingGC said:
The site Fred just threw together looks better than "The professional" webmaster Nathan Resick

Thanks again Fred

http://www.25dollarsaroom.com

That looks good Greg. Great job Fred. The only problem I see is a fundamental one: the name Extreme. It is not the sort of name that would attract an older, rich, conservative customer, the kind you want. Young people go for it, but right now they are counting their pennies just to buy a house, much less clean carpets, unless they are trying to fix a disaster from a party before their parents get home.

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Simple wordpress style.

Gotta get my arse to work so didn't have a good look.

My sites are also wordpress.

There's also a Richard Cranium bdcc over in virgin bitch, or something like that, (you Yanks also have some funny place names), that does web sites on the side who'll rip you off for a couple of grand that also uses wordpress.

Can't remember the whelps name though.

Ooroo,

:roll:

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
FCC said:
:lol:

The "christmas threw up on my site" look is not my doing.......

I figured as much.
Good job getting him up and running. The site is still better than the crap sandwich he had before.

Crowley, you owe Fred a tossed salad...get to work. :mrgreen:

Fred, you like jelly or syrup? :shock:

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
FCC said:
Shorty Down Under said:
Simple wordpress style.

Gotta get my arse to work so didn't have a good look.

My sites are also wordpress.

There's also a Richard Cranium bdcc over in virgin bitch, or something like that, (you Yanks also have some funny place names), that does web sites on the side who'll rip you off for a couple of grand that also uses wordpress.

Can't remember the whelps name though.

Ooroo,

:roll:

I'm no fan of his but surely you can see the difference between one of his sites and yours....

Yes, granted, there is a difference in any of his sites and mine, and that's the way I like it.

There's also a difference in the cost between his sites and mine, and that's another thing I like.

Then there is the difference between customers in the U.S. and in Oz, and mine apparently like the way I have done it.

The attitude of customers and people surfing for carpet cleaners in the U.S. and Oz are like chalk and cheese.

I have attended several courses put on by Americans, and a lot of what they have expoused, although it may be great for you guys, it just will not work down under.

A lot of the smooth talking crap that is put on many of the sites over there, doesn't go down well down under and as such, Jack or Sheila Average won't cop it.

We tend to have a simpler, down to earth approach to things.

http://www.youads.com/video_play.php?id=219

Not knocking what you have done FCC, it's very admirable of you to do something like that for a fellow carpet cleaner & I commend you for it.

I like Wordpress for the simplicity of it, (being a knucklehead as opposed to a Kunklehead), on the computer.

In summing up, I'm also not a bdcc in the market place, advertising web site building, trying to rip off my fellow carpet cleaners.

I do have ethics, (even if I'm not listed on the ethical cleaners site), and would never even offer to try and build a web site for someone, 'cos I don't have the nouse for it.

Ooroo,

shiteatinggrin

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I didn't have any input to my site from Rotovac. Fred just followed what they were doing and I didn't want to bother him, I do say his site looks better, is more crisp etc.
The design is rotovacs and the work was theirs. I looked at the site as just having something. After the nasty way they handled things I realized it might be a good idea to have a good site. I am dissapointed that I paid them for the site and the hosting and should get a refund for the site since I don't have it anymore as well as the hosting fees I have paid and contemplating what I should do. Basicly it should be handled as a product return. The thing they stopped doing was hosting the site but also took all my files of emails that I had stored with my customer info. They could never get the access situation resolved so they have access to my customers that I don't and have the passwords. Which is beyond nasty

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Crowley,
I've been looking at the website you have listed in your profile.

You should change it to the other web address and don't forget the www

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Dear RotoVac,

I am writing this letter in an effort to put this issue behind us. I would appreciate it
if you would intrepid it as a simply a extension of an Olive Branch. as you know by now
I, can come off as being a abusive customer. This was not my intent! I have an
EXTREEMELY aggressive personality.

As you are aware...I have vented on my frustration's on a public forum. For this, I offer my apology and will post this letter in the same forum. I feel that as professionals, we should resolve our issues and move on.

I have been a long time loyal customer. Hopefully we can continue to do business in the future. As for now, I would like to attempt to come to a mutual understanding. That can
be beneficial to both parties involved.

I have chosen to be responsible for my own website. I would appreciate your cooperation
in making this transition as smooth as possible. Considering our resent misunderstanding, i would like to have my Web designer contact a representative from your company ASAP.
You are in possession of vital information "ie" customers information. I need this information
transferred to me in a timely manor.

It is unfortunate that "Temper's Flared". But I am a man of little patience! Try to understand
that, We here in Mass. "Thrive on Excess" and can come across as unreasonable at times.
Again...I am a much different person in a face to face conversation..!

Let's let the water run under the Bridge and move on...

Thank You for the years of good service..and Best wishes to your company...!!!
I will patiently wait for your response....

Sincerely

G_eg Cr_ w_ l _y

Greg....take the HIGH ROAD... !gotcha!

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
**** no.

Complete bastards. Loyal customer was treated horrifically and then try to intentionally hurt the way I support my family. They have completely lied about the ways things transpired. They tried to save some money by hiring some little puke webmaster instead of a professional who couldn't fix any of the problems for months, the minute I said I am tired of this and you are hurting my business by me not beable to get stats or emails and estimate requests, they shut down my site and badmouth me and then claim I didn't by any of there crap. They admitted later that I bought all that CRAP but didn't come public with it.

I take the high road in my community but I also don't roll-over and play dead because some corporation has more power.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
I will give you some time to think about it.... :p :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

"Are you a YaNKee Fan..?".... shiteatinggrin shiteatinggrin shiteatinggrin

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
Wish I could but I had to cancel the rest of the podunk dive bar tour because wifes promotion

Erik

Supportive Member
Name
Erik
Great letter Harper. Although he would be alot different in person. It sounds like Greg would end up in prison. :lol:

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
To Date no refund on purchase of hosting. No files sent on the website that I paid for. No access to my emails and they could be going through them as we speak since they changed the password.

You people are proud to do business with these people. They are stealing money and intellectual property and hard business property. I think a call to brother inalw is needed

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Greg- it is likely their property not yours, which is pretty standard in the web hosting world when the host is the designer (even if you paid for the designing). As for refunding I am not sure what they would owe you other than any current fees you paid or the remainder of the current months hosting.

If what you described happened the way you desribed it they certainly did not handle things as well as they maybe could have, but it may make sense to consider trying to handle in a private manner, with respect now, vs publicly trouncing them and expecting them to react favorably.

At the very most I would think they owe you any emails that came in before they cancelled your site that were not delivered. Anything else probably doesn't exist, or is floating around the etherworld waiting to land somewhere.

It is probably a good idea to talk to your brother in law to see what options you do have. I suspect they are minimal.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I would agree with you Ken but I never got any TOS agreements and all I got was an invoice saying I purchased a website and another for hosting. The key here is 2 seperate invoices and no TOS agreement just a billing. I still have all the documentation.
The fact of the matter is whatever TOS they may have is not a factor since one was never furnished and 2 never signed off on before they took my money. I talked it over with a memebr of my family and gave themm all the records(which were all email) they never even had a transaction sign off on all the billing which I will follow up with with my credit card company. I was unaware that it was being billed monthly since I never received any invoices until recently and suprisingly it was my family credit card that was being billed

I spoke with them, made the requests and was ignored, so I will move it up the ladder

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Is it possible that the TOS were electronic and that you clicked agree to them months ago and never printed a copy? Anyway I wish you good luck that it will be resolved without either of you having to sue- only the attorneys win then.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I am gonna do a little testing next week. I have a booked schedule and 1 truck will use the 360 exclusively. The question i have is we have the bristles with the orange thing around it is this what we should use to clean carpet like Nobles suggested?

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
not sure how these people can vote without running the machines. Rx-20 was the best maybe Hoss is now but everything else is a lower level of clean. The original Rotovac would kill the360 on clean and bigger isn't always better and Rotovac please send me my history of contacts you kept when you got mad I compained. I would like my customer files back. I was always paid on time and you stole my intelectual property

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
since rotovac website was done they still have not sent me the files after they broke the contract. Customer service has been horrendous becareful who you do business with. Simple solution send me my files of emails. They don't because they probably don't have them because they are too inept

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
this was the start of FCC moving to take care of us carpet cleaners.. Thanks Fred

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I think your set up is the perfect venue for R and D it help Hoss go from good to great. RX-20 is already there but heavy and rotovac just wants to sell machines and doesn't care since they left the original. I wouldn't spend another dime with rotovac. I would by an rx-20, cimex or hoss and know I was spending my money well. I would defintely plunk down for a rotovac original

Becker

Name
Becker
2 years later?

Odin time to pass the torch.

I thought Terry whined over his dodge getting totaled by a vortex at a MF I attended.

Look at it as a positive.. Your Rotovac site sucked, honestly one of the worst I'd seen 2nd to Daves, was not getting traffic, poorly ranked.. now in the hands of Fred I'm sure all that has changed. You have a very professional looking site now, ranked very well, and I'm certain it is getting traffic.

So, really you are better off..

What files do you need 2 plus years later?

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
I'm pretty excited to finally be getting a website up and made from Rotovac. It should be up in a day or two. I called Greg about dealing with RV and he poured a bucket of ice water on the idea. In any event it's going to happen, and I have no input in it's design or content, which should be interesting. www.Rainbowcarpetandupholsterycleaning.com

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
With a roto vac site. Wouldn't you be punished (SEO wize) for it all being duplicated content with your company name, and address dropped in?

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Beats the heck out of me Dave. I've got the worst internet presence possible, customers can never find me when they go online for my #. I've even got Rainbow International's website stuck on some of my listings, they've been sucking customers off my good name in the area.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
I'm pretty excited to finally be getting a website up and made from Rotovac. It should be up in a day or two. I called Greg about dealing with RV and he poured a bucket of ice water on the idea. In any event it's going to happen, and I have no input in it's design or content, which should be interesting. www.Rainbowcarpetandupholsterycleaning.com

Why would anybody choose to have no input in the design and or content of the web site that represents who their company is ?

Last edited:

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I am good my point would be there are hundreds of names and addresses in my email files they still hold that I poaid for and paid ahead fpr 6 months which they never refunded. Never thought about it until they decided to use the bb

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Why would anybody choose to have no input in the design and or content of the web site that represents who their company is ?
LOL. It's probably for the best Ofer. If it was up to me there would be dozens of pictures of me and lots of boring content about how great I am. I would make it like Oprah Winfrey did with her stupid O magazine.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom