Does ANYONE Build a Semi Durable Porty?

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Its not what I would prefer BUT if I can't use a TM I'd use OP before a portable.

It will look as good (most likely better) and dry much much faster. :icon_cool:

He'd use an OP because he could post a thread, breeze through the cleaning (had he been so inclined as to engage in that kind of activity) and be back at the office before there were any replies.

I say:
Bring me back the Berlin wall.
Bring back Mardie and saint Paul.
I've seen the cleaning future (according to Chavez), brother:
it is murder.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
You porty guys are hurting my feeling. First William calls me a shit throwing monkey and now you.fear the future so much you want Mardie & the wall back???

Sheeeeeeet! :eekk:

:biggrin:

Name
Marcus
I should have known better, but thed cheapskate in me jumped at it. A second Ninja Worrier, In less than a year - vacuums replaced 2 weeks ago and on Saturday the pumptec took a shit on me. The warranty is worthless. What a piece of shit. I don't abuse my equipment, I take as good a care of it as possible, but these things are the worst machines I've owned in 30 plus years. A lot of the same problems as the first. I like the design as it makes everything a one trip, but I find the components to be the lowest common denominator. Rubbish.

Who makes a porty that doesn't need all the components replaced every 8 to 12 months?
http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/brows...hhttp://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/brows...

If u are spending 3000$ for a portable
You should consider getting a truckmount...
You can get a used truckmount fram and put your own engine blower pump and heat on for about 5000$
I did this to both my naamco's for under 5000$
So I know it can be done
Letme know if you want a price breakdown
Cap

FredC

Village Idiot
Regardless of their average lifespan, I think the Ametec vacs and the blue Pumptec pump are as good as it is going to get. I have accepted this fact, and fully expect to swap out at least 1 vac motor per year, and hope to get a few seasons out of the blue Pumptec. I bought a backup Pumptec off ebay which is rebuilt and ready to go if needed. 90 bucks for rebuild kits. Back up HP vac motors are a buck'fiddy, and one is ready to go if needed and can be swapped out in 10 minutes.

Small price to pay compared to the income they generate.

Seems to be the most logical/honest post in this thread.

I really don't understand Willy. He is probably one of the most experienced POG guys here and yet..............wants to blame a manufacturer for the fact that the machine that he was intimately familiar with BEFORE he purchased it contains components with 500 hour life expectancies (not uncommon for vac motors), the fact that he lives in canuckistan, and the FACT that he FAILED to prepare for something he knew would happen.

Says he expect to replace vacs after a year....when did he get this again?

Search Willy's username and "Ninja". He sure does love to hate on PC..........even after they gave him a super concentrated bucket of rinse for the cost of the normal bucket............some people

and willy...spare me the "advertiser" bs...for reasons I don't care to explain to you it doesn't make one ounce of f*** to me if prochem is an advertiser or not

next time just go to Ace Hardware and build a recoil (sorry ed I had to)

Last edited:

Ed Valentine

Name
Ed Valentine

That's OK, Fred, just showed your ignorance that's all. However, if that was true, then we both have something in common!!!

I must apologize because I thought you could go to ACE Hardware, rent one of their POS machines and get as good of results as you could surely offer your customers too!!!!

Best to you and I understand that was really intended to be a joke, and not you!

Ed Valentine
cross-American corp.

Last edited:

Mikey P

Administrator
Hey Ed, how are you with a cell phone cam?

Can you shoot a walk though tour of your latest and greatest machine and post it here?

if not do you have and 12 year olds on your block you could pay to do so?

Mikey P

Administrator

I really don't understand Willy. He is probably one of the most experienced POG guys here and yet..............wants to blame a manufacturer for the fact that the machine that he was intimately familiar with BEFORE he purchased it contains components with 500 hour life expectancies (not uncommon for vac motors), the fact that he lives in canuckistan, and the FACT that he FAILED to prepare for something he knew would happen.

Search Willy's username and "Ninja". He sure does love to hate on PC..........even after they gave him a super concentrated bucket of rinse for the cost of the normal bucket............some people

and willy...spare me the "advertiser" bs...for reasons I don't care to explain to you it doesn't make one ounce of f*** to me if prochem is an advertiser or not

No kidding Willy a guy like you should have loads of back up vacs and pumps ready to go.

What's your excuse for not?

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton

If you have something to say Fred, I wish you'd just be straight about it.

As far as I know neither PC nor any of the manufacturers (the advertisers you don't care " one ounce of f***" about "for reasons you don't care to explain") make their own motors and very few if any of the components. They all assemble them and the only original part is the shell and the design as per lay out.

We know for a fact that some load them with so many features and or pay little attention to placement of components, quality of fittings etc. that their machines (components) fail a lot sooner than they should.

So, it seems to me that the important part of the quality of the machines is a good design. It means ergonomics, performance, ease of use, transportability, ruggedness. And yes, so sorry if it hurts your feelings, how long they last, and how much maintenance they require.

Would you care to comment on these issues regarding Cross American, versus PC and other manufacturers? That would be a positive contribution.

Last edited:

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
And I wouldn't want to.
As I already carry an enormous burden of guilt, after I hurt Richard's.

I had to fly a nanny on my private jet, just to burp Chavez.
It was well worth it though. The guy is a prince :winky:

Last edited:
Reactions: Desk Jockey

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
It shouldn't be any kind of revelation that these high performance portys put out a ton of heat. Running them indoors for hours and hours just cooks everything leading to premature failure and even a fire or two. Just as Sapphire Scientific addressed the heat issue frying belts on their slide-in TMs by blowing high CFM fans across them, porty manufacturers need to find a way to cool down their machine components.
View attachment 4778

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I think they listen to the cleaners too much.

Cleaners want small and compact units to fit easily on their trucks.

But is the benefit worth the cost? Heat has to be killing those component or at the very least shortening their lifespan.

Ed Valentine

Name
Ed Valentine
Mike;

[
I]if not do you have and 12 year olds on your block you could pay to do so? [/I]

So, what else is new? You are right on, many of these young kids today have more smarts than the rest of us for sure! However, yes, my 32 year old son is a great photographer and that may be a good idea we'll have to program for this summer. At which time, yes, we'll be more than glad to send you the pictures. Thanks.

Good post, Ofer.

And, respectfully, one last comment: Fred (seems like a nice gentleman) has to remember that "if" (and I'd like him to be very specific about the same components purchased at ACE, btw) one could acquire these parts at their local whorehouse, then lets be honest here: Bet any Gasoline TM operator can purchase a battery, spark plugs, etc at Walmart too. not to add in addition, at their local parts store. So that type of comment doesn't really hold water and another 'cut" has to be invented.

Bingo......

best to all;
Ed Valentine

Last edited:
Reactions: Desk Jockey

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
So, it seems to me that the important part of the quality of the machines is a good design. It means ergonomics, performance, ease of use, transportability, ruggedness
Some not all, forget about simple things such as openings for solution and recovery tank. Nothing is more irratating than to spill water when filling because the opening designed wasn't thought out or trying to fit your hand into a tight waste tank opening to check on the float mechanism.

I prefer power but simple, too much electronics have been problematic for us. Too many cords and you increase the chances of tripping breakers and look even more hackish with black spaghetti running all across the job site. :errf:

Reactions: Ed Valentine
Name
Marcus
You also might look at one of these small portable truckmounts....
I might have seen one running on propane
It would give you more power......
Floor guys runn propane buffers a lot in these offices
Cap

Reactions: Ed Valentine

rick imby

Name
Rick

Fred, you start this comment off with some real wisdom---but then wow---what an Arse....

Mikey P

Administrator
and willy...spare me the "advertiser" bs...for reasons I don't care to explain to you it doesn't make one ounce of f*** to me if prochemicon is an advertiser or not

That had to be it.

Ed Valentine

Name
Ed Valentine
Art;

Running them indoors for hours and hours just cooks everything leading to premature failure and even a fire or two.--[Yes, I remember what generic brand that was] ......., porty manufacturers need to find a way to cool down their machine components.

Just remember, NOT ALL, high performance portables (re: electric porty/TM) over-heat period. Over heating a machine that someone relies on to make a living is ridiculous. I refer to those machines as "Generic" and not a well thought out "Industrial" system.

Just wanted to make that clear.

Ed Valentine
cross-american corp.

Reactions: ruff and Willy P

rick imby

Name
Rick
I believe Mikey and Fred could care less about one of their advertizers being bad mouthed. It happens all the time and is a big part of the board. I have to totally agree that Willy is being a big baby over Parts of his machine wearing out. I mean really in six months $350 in repairs on a heavily used tool? We cannot help it if he is too stupid to buy the parts in the US and install them himself. Not even the cost of one truckmount payment. And to not have a spare pump and vac in his garage---Moronic. It was the slap at Recoil Ed...

Reactions: Mikey P

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
:eekk:

That's just wrong Rick! He's not just being a big baby over this......he's just a big baby ALL the time! :p

Easy Willy take it easy! It was just a joke........as is portable cleaning. :winky:

Just the opinion of one shit flinging monkey! :biggrin:

Last edited by a moderator:

Willy P

Name
Willy P
I believe Mikey and Fred could care less about one of their advertizers being bad mouthed. It happens all the time and is a big part of the board. I have to totally agree that Willy is being a big baby over Parts of his machine wearing out. I mean really in six months $350 in repairs on a heavily used tool? We cannot help it if he is too stupid to buy the parts in the US and install them himself. Not even the cost of one truckmount payment. And to not have a spare pump and vac in his garage---Moronic. It was the slap at Recoil Ed...

Don't let facts get in the way of a good old fashioned witch burning. Obviously, comprehension and reading aren't one of you more refined motor skills. Vacs $666, pump motor and head $500 + = $350. Come to think of it, you probably didn't do well in math either. Nothing like educating a buffoon in the morning to get the juices flowing!
Now go for a nice bike ride......
fallilng-off-a-bike_zpsc4a0256e.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom