Rico Suave
LOL

horse.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Larry,

what does the manufacturer state as the average life for those motors? 500 hours?

Fred;

The 5.7" 3-stage LMB2A Vac Motors have a 500 hr brush life.

The 8.4" LMB5A Ametek Vac Motor has a 1500 hr. brush life & 673 Air Watts each.

We have some customers running them 24 hrs continuously every day,

and they are getting more hours than that.

Larry

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We have some customers running them 24 hrs continuously every day,
:eekk: WOW that's nutz!

It just shows you porty users should regularly change out there vac blowers.
Don't wait until they give up! Check your vacuum regularly, so you're not nursing along a machine that's limping.

Hacks! :winky:

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
I have a truck force 3500 with 350+ hrs on it and never replaced anything major on it. It's running a hypro pump, and can run 100ft of vac and solution line. And goes up to 500 psi. Autofill auto dump.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
Oh and I bought it 5 years ago.

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
Doc, I bought a tm 3 years ago. No real need for it now.

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
time is money. some people don't want to spend good money for good machines. two ninjas would have bought a decent tm as long as you had a van to put it all in. but to each his own.

Reactions: dealtimeman

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Fvuuuuuckkkkkkkkkk.

Which brings us back to the same question:
Does ANYONE Build a Semi Durable Porty?

I'd be damned.

It is true that Willy is probably putting more hours on his machines than most. Good for him. And naturally he will have to replace it sooner then someone like me that does not put many hours on it.

However, how much money he makes per day, week, month, is irrelevant. It is none of you Nancys business !!

Brings to memory one good sized Goy that had an ego machine. You know the kind: Multi bucks cost, over built, over complicated, mine is bigger than yours kind of a machine. You know what I'm talking about.

Well, the above mentioned local semi saint, had a thread with a long litany of complaints about his "ego" machine. Most of them I would assume were truthful. Over priced, breaks frequently, yada, yada, yada.......all possibly true and mind you, justified.
Nowhere in that famous long litany of complaints, was it ever mentioned that said saint made so much money with that machine (not counting ego boost) that could have possibly made Willy's money but a pittance.

So, if you think that Willy is a complainer and his complaints are not fair. Say it as it is.

And get your Nancy mind out of his bill fold.

That is, if you can help it.

Now: Does ANYONE Build a Semi Durable Porty?

Regardless of where they assemble it?

Last edited:

Bjorn

Yes I did but it was too expensive for the avg cleaner,

You know we still have a free market at the moment so if you and willy think a Rolls Royce Portable is profitable and there is a market for one BUILD IT!

PRETTY DAMN SIMPLE. Put YOUR MONEY ON THE LINE.

put every darn feature on it that you wish for and figure out where all the amps are going to come from.

At this time there is no profit in making the Swiss army knife of portables

Reactions: Mikey P

Bjorn

enough

for what you POG's want it's not possible, you wont spend the money! and the one or two that would see value it's not worth the trouble

So if you want something custom you have to pay the price $$$$$$$$$.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
Fvuuuuuckkkkkkkkkk.

Which brings us back to the same question:
Does ANYONE Build a Semi Durable Porty?

Which brings me back to my original response. To me, the most important thing I want from a porty is vacuum power. The CFX coupled with an external lint filter offers the most vacuum power from two 15 amp lines. I've only been using it for a few months and I can tell it's going to be very reliable.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Thanks Art. And you're certainly one whose opinion I respect.

Here's my concerns:

• I only use machines in highrise situation. Unfortunately putting it outside in the entrance (ground level) is not an option.
  • Not from personal experience: Not sure if the tap pressure will be enough.
  • I try (with the vengeance) to stay away from connecting to tap directly. Always worried about potential flood. Though I guess I could potentially (using a mat for protection) place the machine in the tub. It's certainly small enough.
  • Due to trying to avoid too many components (the more components, the more can go wrong) and my flood fears- I Don't like automatic pump outs.

I may be wrong on all of the above.

Last edited:

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Thanks Art. And you're certainly one whose opinion I respect.

Here's my concerns:

• I only use machines in highrise situation. Unfortunately putting it outside in the entrance (ground level) is not an option.
  • Not from personal experience: Not sure if the tap pressure will be enough.
  • I try (with the vengeance) to stay away from connecting to tap directly. Always worried about potential flood. Though I guess I could potentially (using a mat for protection) place it in the tub.
  • Due to trying to avoid too many components (the more components, the more can go wrong) and my flood fears- I Don't like automatic pump outs.

I may be wrong on all of the above.
There is a learning curve with this machine. It took me a few weeks to understand what can go wrong and how to make everything work. An APO is essential in porty cleaning to replicate the ease of TM cleaning as is the use of faucets and hoses to eliminate any bucket use. It works for me because the water here is excellent for cleaning and rinsing without additional softening. I don't know if it would work in SF.

Reactions: ruff

rick imby

Name
Rick
Don't let facts get in the way of a good old fashioned witch burning. Obviously, comprehension and reading aren't one of you more refined motor skills. Vacs $666, pump motor and head $500 + = $350. Come to think of it, you probably didn't do well in math either. Nothing like educating a buffoon in the morning to get the juices flowing!
Now go for a nice bike ride......
fallilng-off-a-bike_zpsc4a0256e.jpg

Whining Willy Woes--Oh poor me---Fact---$666 is way more than you would pay in the US for two vac motors----If you are not smart enough to install them yourself then you deserve to pay what you paid. Pump head $500 Really---again ask Cobb what they sell for here. Again as they are what you use to earn your living I have no idea why you would not have spare vacs and a spare pump on the truck. But if you bought them in advance (in the US) and had them on the truck you would not be able to whine. How long have you been doing this?

rick imby

Name
Rick
But lets go to the Title of the thread---Does anyone build a Semi durable porty?----Why not look for a VERY Durable Porty. But really it is just two tanks, a couple vac motors and a pump or two. Before anything wears out buy the best vacs and pumps on the market and use them for backups or pull out the originals and use them for backups. There is a ton of shared information available on porty vacs, pumps, etc on the different boards. Minimal research would get you enough knowledge to rebuild your old one or upgrade a new one. How long you been doing this?

There is no doubt Viking man that you built an awesome porty however maybe it wasn't the quality of the machine but maybe the quality of the MARKETING that was the problem?

I think I will go for a night ride....

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Whining Willy Woes--Oh poor me---Fact---$666 is way more than you would pay in the US for two vac motors----If you are not smart enough to install them yourself then you deserve to pay what you paid. Pump head $500 Really---again ask Cobb what they sell for here. Again as they are what you use to earn your living I have no idea why you would not have spare vacs and a spare pump on the truck. But if you bought them in advance (in the US) and had them on the truck you would not be able to whine. How long have you been doing this?

Can I get you a nice, hot cup of kiss my ass?

Willy P

Name
Willy P
I get awfully tired of wet behind the ears ignorant buffoons that have 7 hours experience in the industry acting like they're the BOMB and they know everything when in fact they know SFA. Idiots like that remind me of those little sweat pimples I get on my ass during the hot weather.Or the shart skidmark on a pair of underwear after an OOOPS!

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Art;

While I appreciate you are OK with your CFX . . .

It is by no means the most powerful vacuum or pump system . . .

View attachment 5046
This machine has a 120 CFM cooling fan blowing outside air into the machine. It has more powerful 673 Airwatt Vacs, compared to the 468 Airwatt vac motors in your CFX for 44% more vac power on less current . . . The Cat pump has the new Ametek motor for higher reliability and more impact.
It is available with a Pump-Out system and Auto-Fill system.

Larry

Last edited:

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
But lets go to the Title of the thread---Does anyone build a Semi durable porty?----Why not look for a VERY Durable Porty. But really it is just two tanks, a couple vac motors and a pump or two. Before anything wears out buy the best vacs and pumps on the market and use them for backups or pull out the originals and use them for backups. There is a ton of shared information available on porty vacs, pumps, etc on the different boards. Minimal research would get you enough knowledge to rebuild your old one or upgrade a new one. How long you been doing this?

There is no doubt Viking man that you built an awesome porty however maybe it wasn't the quality of the machine but maybe the quality of the MARKETING that was the problem?

I think I will go for a night ride....

Do not go for your undeserved night ride just yet.
If you want to help and not just fart a long, send links to those repairs and all. Please be helpful not spiteful.

• We want dependable machines because we (me at least) don't want to replace the parts more than is absolutely necessary.
  • Some machines are better designed and will last longer, or possibly you have not realized it quite yet.
  • Unlike you Rick, I'd rather spend my time marketing and cleaning (making money) and not under the 'hood' of a badly designed machine. It sounds like you'd rather do the opposite. Me thinks Power Flite is the one for you.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Art;

While I appreciate you are OK with your CFX . . .

It is by no means the most powerful vacuum or pump system . . .

View attachment 5046
This machine has a 120 CFM cooling fan blowing outside air into the machine. It has more powerful 673 Airwatt Vacs, compared to the 468 Airwatt vac motors in your CFX for 44% more vac power on less current . . . The Cat pump has the new Ametek motor for higher reliability and more impact.
It is available with a Pump-Out system and Auto-Fill system.

Larry
Well heck. Larry, why didn't you tell me to buy those 673 airwatt vacuum motors instead of the 468 airwatt motors you sold me this spring for my CFX? More power and less amp draw, sound like porty Nirvana. Or wouldn't they fit the housing of the CFX?

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Well heck. Larry, why didn't you tell me to buy those 673 airwatt vacuum motors instead of the 468 airwatt motors you sold me this spring for my CFX? More power and less amp draw, sound like porty Nirvana. Or wouldn't they fit the housing of the CFX?
The LMB5A 673 airwatt motors are too large for your CFX. You might have ordered the LMB2A vac motor, which does have a higher 556 airwatts.

Larry

Reactions: Art Kelley

rick imby

Name
Rick
Do not go for your undeserved night ride just yet.
If you want to help and not just fart a long, send links to those repairs and all. Please be helpful not spiteful.

• We want dependable machines because we (me at least) don't want to replace the parts more than is absolutely necessary.
  • Some machines are better designed and will last longer, or possibly you have not realized it quite yet.
  • Unlike you Rick, I'd rather spend my time marketing and cleaning (making money) and not under the 'hood' of a badly designed machine. It sounds like you'd rather do the opposite. Me thinks Power Flite is the one for you.

it seems with 4669 post you are spending significant time on Mikeys board... instead of working on your tools?

rick imby

Name
Rick
I get awfully tired of wet behind the ears ignorant buffoons that have 7 hours experience in the industry acting like they're the BOMB and they know everything when in fact they know SFA. Idiots like that remind me of those little sweat pimples I get on my ass during the hot weather.Or the shart skidmark on a pair of underwear after an OOOPS!

Ouch.. I must have struck a nerve when I suggested he take responsibility for having basic backups parts for his tools... And that he may have overpaid for repairs most any Buffoon could do.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom