Does ANYONE Build a Semi Durable Porty?

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
it seems with 4669 post you are spending significant time on Mikeys board... instead of working on your tools?

4670!
Love this place.
Mostly for the helpful advise from good people, willingness to share, camaraderie and the banter.

Not so much for the mental farters.

Last edited:

Mikey P

Administrator
Ofer has all the time in the world to play here, what with his 3 to 4 jobs a week.

He only cleans clean wool broad looms for friends and relatives of Diane Feinsstien.

Bjorn

it comes down to it he is going to have to make one himself.

Last edited by a moderator:

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Ofer has all the time in the world to play here, what with his 3 to 4 jobs a week.

He only cleans clean wool broad looms for friends and relatives of Diane Feinsstien.

Yep. He pretty much nailed it.That's me.

Can't wait till Barbara Boxer and Nancy Pelosi call too.
Me gots priorities.

pelosi_oh_no_ap.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: SamIam

Willy P

Name
Willy P
and to think, Tri-Pod Todd (miss the little pudwacker) said he had the hots for Nan...:eekk:

..L.T.A.

Todd's motto- 18 to 89,blind,crippled or crazy. If they can't walk, wheel them in.Do they have a pulse? Doesn't matter.

Remember his posts on extending your member?:eekk::eekk::eekk::eekk::eekk:

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
BTW... I've been thinking about buying a porty ...I'm feeling guilty about using the shake 'n shine machine or rotary 'n bonnets in the hi-rise ole folks building we do
They "look" al'ite when I'm done, and I've had no complaints or call backs......but, well, I know it's a pi$$ poor substitute for a "real" cleaning that someone's Grandmother is moving into

this thread hasn't helped one bit

so maybe I'll just rebuild my Cheyenne porty instead
Whoever has the best new vacs for it (that will be direct replacement) feel free to PM me with price including shipping to 44412

..L.T.A.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
BTW... I've been thinking about buying a porty ...I'm feeling guilty about using the shake 'n shine machine or rotary 'n bonnets in the hi-rise ole folks building we do
They "look" al'ite when I'm done, and I've had no complaints or call backs......but, well, I know it's a pi$$ poor substitute for a "real" cleaning that someone's Grandmother is moving into

this thread hasn't helped one bit

so maybe I'll just rebuild my Cheyenne porty instead
Whoever has the best new vacs for it (that will be direct replacement) feel free to PM me with price including shipping to 44412

..L.T.A.

What are you going to use as a pump? Heat source? (BTW -A bouquet to Kleenrite on the Heatrite 2. That little add one gives me plenty o hot water.) Designate a wand with smaller jets, AW29 works well with 1101.5's. Pumps - I got the 2 that are available for higher pressures, the Cat drops off about 175 to 200 psi when keyed, the pumptec around 75. There's a boatload of different models on both, so yer on yer own there. Grand Master Cobb claims he's got a new cam that helps the Cat out with the pressure drop.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Nope.And while I do put some hours on it, I also use my helper quite a bit so I can Chavez around instead of being in the field all the time.I'm only doing 1 apartment today while he does the common areas in a complex I contract to. And then there's the slow season to consider.

I don't know if this has been addressed but I use shark, dyson,and oreck vacuums and if not for my special hands on touch they wouldn't last as long as they do, my helpers are rough on them. I couldn't imagine letting my guys use a porty without destroying it

No one treats your equipment like You!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
What are you going to use as a pump? Heat source? .

hot water from the sink
150psi diaphragm pump

what else does one need?
after all, it's a fckin' porty and I'd rather have my eye poked with a sharp stick than use one
...they're ALL a POS and really only good for upl while the TM is cleaning carpet elsewhere in the house ...
(Chavez on Ruff's computer)

:icon_razz::icon_razz:

..L.T.A.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
hot water from the sink
150psi diaphragm pump

what else does one need?
after all, it's a fckin' porty and I'd rather have my eye poked with a sharp stick than use one
...they're ALL a POS and really only good for upl while the TM is cleaning carpet elsewhere in the house ...
(Chavez on Ruff's computer)

:icon_razz::icon_razz:

..L.T.A.

Then WTF do you ask for? :oldrolleyes:

Willy P

Name
Willy P
And for Mr. Imby I have 4 machines. 2 working,2 within 20 minutes or so away from my main working area for back up.I don't have any inclination to mess with the guts of a machine to save a few bucks. I only make money when the wand is moving.

Last edited by a moderator:

rick imby

Name
Rick
If you have no inclination to work on your tools then don't Whine when you are charged about the same hourly rate to fix it you charge your customers. But you are wrong about only making money when the wand is moving...

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Rick,
I apologize for my previous response.
You are absolutely right, maintaining one's equipment is very important. It is important for practical everyday use, enabling us to make money, not be wasteful, as well as showing respect to the equipment that enables us to make a living.

My response comes as a reaction to, what seem somewhat prominent here, that it is not OK to ask for better made machines. Yes, they are all made with pretty much the same components, however some seem to be better designed and last longer. I prefer those.

On a practical level, I'd rather pay more for a machine that lasts longer than fix one that does not. Mechanical skills are not my forte and I can make far more money cleaning than fixing my machine. Trust me on that one :winky:

I do fix some things and usually it takes me a loooooong time. Should I learn to do it better? It will be nice, however with the little time that I have left after work I'd much rather spend on fun banter here on MB than fix my equipment. If you see my posts they're usually early morning before I go to work or late night when I'm in relax mode.

"complaining" about machines that don't last could be justified as well as unjustified (fair vs unfair). And this site is good about spreading the word. If a machine has a flawed design, people should know, as well as if it is great. That's how good products and companies get rewarded.

Last edited:

Willy P

Name
Willy P
"And for Mr. Imby I have 4 machines. 2 working,2 within 20 minutes or so away from my main working area for back up.I don't have any inclination to mess with the guts of a machine to save a few bucks. I only make money when the wand is moving.

Last edited by Lee Stockwell; Yesterday at 02:31 AM. "
Really Lee? Editing my posts? Where was the editor when I was wrongly called a liar? Or when Imby through out the "Whining Willy" moniker? :icon_rolleyes: If you're going to censor, do it for everyone, not just me.

Last edited:

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Yep.
That "liar" thing was certainly bizarre.
Did Mr. Lockhart (it was him if I remember correctly) ever bother to explain?

Last edited:

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Nope he didn't. I've got broad shoulders and can take censored or censored tossing out his Whining Willy, but being called a liar is gutless and if he would care to step up and show me where I LIED , not some form of subterfuge, then it would make sense. Apparently, I'm designed to take cheap shots, but God forbid I toss out a few. I can't for the life of me figure out why Lee is editing my post.I sure lost a lot of the respect I had for him.Carry on.

Last edited:
Name
Lee Stockwell
Nope he didn't. I've got broad shoulders and can take censored or censored tossing out his Whining Willy, but being called a liar is gutless and if he would care to step up and show me where I LIED , not some form of subterfuge, then it would make sense. Apparently, I'm designed to take cheap shots, but God forbid I toss out a few. I can't for the life of me figure out why Lee is editing my post.I sure lost a lot of the respect I had for him.Carry on.
I very rarely ever edit anyone. Some of the instances you noted I didn't see, or weren't over the top.

I just took out something you'd have later regretted....I hope.

Carry on, I may edit another post later this year.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom