enlighten me.....

Able 1

Name
Keith
Sorry to bring this back up but:

Ron Werner said:
In your example, 2hrs TM time with moving furn etc, incl time to prespray as well, the wand would be moving about 1-1.5hrs out of that time.

So, lets say this job takes you 3 hours(1 hour vacuuming) your actually cleaning(wand on the floor) 1.25 hours out of 2, then take ALL the set up and pack up cause you will be vacuuming or making out the bill another 25mins by yourself... That already cut out 1 hour and you are doing it "Ron Werner" style.. Now what if you could trust your helper with another vacuum you would cut that hour by 30 mins OR YOU vac the first rooms and have your helper start to clean? Either way take another .5 hours off doing the same anal job, right?

SO do you think a guy that cleans this job with a helper in half the time can't do the job the same?

but I'll still outclean 95% of the 2 man shows because their focus is on time, not the job.

Two man crews don't ever have to worry about time, I would say the opposite(my chest pain has subsided since hiring one on I've seen Jimmy naked ) .. The busy O/O will be way more worried about keeping there schedule then any 2 man crew. We will try all spotters on any spot, and take crush marks out FOR FREE!!

Oh, Someone said their truck gets up all the soil. As I was pulling up the fine soil from this place I was wondering... How do you know? If you filled your filter I betcha there is that much more left. I made a video where I showed how a TM can miss a LOT of stuff.

I don't use any filters cause I want consistent vacuum .. BUT how do you know it doesn't remove all of the dry soil? Well even as anal as you are you know you are leaving some behind right?

Its like most people think the power stroke of a vacuum is the back stroke. Forward pass is the best pass from my experience.

Well yeah, more lift on the forward pass..

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
Able 1 said:
Hey when, you come to back Racine for your next "brain washing" bring that little pos you use to clean carpet and I will show you how to really clean... I take all suggestions from everyone on this board and think about all suggestions to see how they will work for me. Larry said a while back that electric sprayers cut some time off, so I tried it, and it works GREAT!! I listen to everyone, and learn every day.. YOU MIGHT WANT TO TRY TO DO THIS YOURSELF!!

There are SO many low moisture hacks out there right now(Oxyclean) my custy's first question is usually "do you have a truck mount"? :lol:

Oh, and per your last post:
"I am sure their are lot's of good cleaner's on this board"

I am confident that even the worst cleaner here will out clean you!

You currently rank 1,345,465 on Waldo's list of the best cleaners in the US!! eat shit! hey Marty, blow me
Had you pegged wrong.Thought you were just slow. Did not know you were also a conformest with a pack dog mentality like Offer.

Able 1

Name
Keith
Mardie said:
Able 1 said:
Hey when, you come to back Racine for your next "brain washing" bring that little pos you use to clean carpet and I will show you how to really clean... I take all suggestions from everyone on this board and think about all suggestions to see how they will work for me. Larry said a while back that electric sprayers cut some time off, so I tried it, and it works GREAT!! I listen to everyone, and learn every day.. YOU MIGHT WANT TO TRY TO DO THIS YOURSELF!!

There are SO many low moisture hacks out there right now(Oxyclean) my custy's first question is usually "do you have a truck mount"? :lol:

Oh, and per your last post:
"I am sure their are lot's of good cleaner's on this board"

I am confident that even the worst cleaner here will out clean you!

You currently rank 1,345,465 on Waldo's list of the best cleaners in the US!! eat shit! hey Marty, blow me
Had you pegged wrong.Thought you were just slow. Did not know you were also a conformest with a pack dog mentality like Offer.

Weird Ofer isn't on my side in this thread and we don't really agree all that much(ever LIKE! ), but I think we both agree you are a hack!! :lol: There is nothing "slow" about me, but my reply posts cause I'm actually out cleaning all day. eat shit! I think you might have a hard road here cause most of the "pack"as you say, knows how to clean carpet and you know NOTHING except what you were told(which is BS :lol: sucker!).

S

sam miller

I had an uncle who was a little excentric when it came to cleaning.

1st off he used a porty 2 3 stage vacs and 100 psi pump.

His method was to clean the whole carpet on his hands and knees with a closed stair tool 1 jet 8 flow!

He would spend all day doing one job charging a ton of money! He would swear it was the only way and was the best.

His customers loved him, and he did well, but God who would clean a whole house on thier hands and knees and spend all day?

He would run 100's of gallons through the carpet.

I've used a prochem tool small head open flow on edges and ya it cleans well and really flushes the carpet especially if its short pile!

I reall y have a hard time believeing anybodys leaving a carpet soil free and when a custy has 4 dogs and 3 kids their carpet isnt resoiling

at a constant rate.

I also wonder has Warner ever vacuumed a house and nothing came out? like its already clean? Or is everybody in Canada dirty?

Just kidding I've seen Jimmy naked

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
Mardie Wrote

Had you pegged wrong.Thought you were just slow. Did not know you were also a conformest with a pack dog mentality like Offer.[/quote]

Able Wrote

Weird Ofer isn't on my side in this thread and we don't really agree all that much(ever LIKE! ), but I think we both agree you are a hack!! :lol: There is nothing "slow" about me, but my reply posts cause I'm actually out cleaning all day. eat shit! I think you might have a hard road here cause most of the "pack"as you say, knows how to clean carpet and you know NOTHING except what you were told(which is BS :lol: sucker!).[/quote]

Mardie Wrote

You just keep showing me how mentally inept you really are. You are even incapable of comprehending and responding to the post that i made. I will show you the errors that you made in you reply.

I did not say or imply that you and ofer were on the same side (as you have replied). Try reading slower. How did your mind come up with that for your reply ?

The sentence you wrote about you being slow is a clash of word's. Just in case you didn't get it. The word slow was in reference to your mental capacity.

I did not say,imply or refer to people on this board as a pack. I said (you have a pack dog mentality). Do you know what that means?

As far as you knowing me good enough to know what i know.Well that is just ridiculous.

Note: The personal attacks with your replies show that you have lost site of what this board is all about.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
yeah, if you have a good tech, you'll cut the time. If you have two vacuums, you'll cut the time even more. Challenge is, very few if any guys are willing to even put THAT time in, esp if they are watching the clock more than what's coming in the canister.
I've had a helper and dual vacuumed. Yes it cut the time. Are you saying you put that effort in? Most guys spend a little more time vacuuming than the homeowner does.

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
Ron Werner said:
yeah, if you have a good tech, you'll cut the time. If you have two vacuums, you'll cut the time even more. Challenge is, very few if any guys are willing to even put THAT time in, esp if they are watching the clock more than what's coming in the canister.
I've had a helper and dual vacuumed. Yes it cut the time. Are you saying you put that effort in? Most guys spend a little more time vacuuming than the homeowner does.

SPEED SPEED SPEED seem's to be the focus on this thread. The bottom line is that it takes time to properly clean a carpet. So many of my client's told me that they have never seen a carpet cleaner that vacuumed. They also ask me what i am doing when i prespray and say that they have never seen this being done before. They also ask me about the carpet rake and say they have never seen that before. Oh and they love my TriAd air movers.I tell my customers that it takes me longer to prep the job than it takes most carpet cleaners to do the whole job and their response to that is always negative towards their past high speed cleaner. Customers don't like people running around their homes like a bunch of raped apes. I look at the extra time that it takes to do a high end job as my advertising budget. I do not have to advertise or go around and kiss ass to get work.(not my style)

Cameron1

HARPER said:
FOOD FOR THOUGHT...!

"There has NEVER been a high-end cleaner...that prices by the ROOM... KMA! "

Hello..."How much to clean my LDH...?"
Well Mrs.Smith..."That will be $350.00...!!!!" "CLICK".... :lol:

High end pricing MUST be done @ square footage pricing...! PERIOD

If you quote room pricing over the phone..."YOU ARE IN A BOX"
If the cleint does not want a FIRM estimate..."THEY ARE NOT A HIGH-END CLIENT"... :idea:
If you are too LAZY to do the estimate...? Continue being a JANITOR... -sniff
Holy cow harp. In June of 2004 we went with sq. ft. Pricing and double our job average at the same time. Only had a few clients complain, but most understood. Our profit more than double and the rest is history. Untill you do it.... It is hard to get your head around ,but it will change your company.

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
Cameron1 said:
HARPER said:
FOOD FOR THOUGHT...!

"There has NEVER been a high-end cleaner...that prices by the ROOM... KMA! "

Hello..."How much to clean my LDH...?"
Well Mrs.Smith..."That will be $350.00...!!!!" "CLICK".... :lol:

High end pricing MUST be done @ square footage pricing...! PERIOD

If you quote room pricing over the phone..."YOU ARE IN A BOX"
If the cleint does not want a FIRM estimate..."THEY ARE NOT A HIGH-END CLIENT"... :idea:
If you are too LAZY to do the estimate...? Continue being a JANITOR... -sniff
Holy cow harp. In June of 2004 we went with sq. ft. Pricing and double our job average at the same time. Only had a few clients complain, but most understood. Our profit more than double and the rest is history. Untill you do it.... It is hard to get your head around ,but it will change your company.

Harper that statement should get a MB award of recognition.

Able 1

Name
Keith
Mardie said:
Ron Werner said:

So, are you saying that since you can't properly train a technician your custy's should be held hostage in their home for twice the time that is needed to do the same job? My custy's appreciate the fact we do a great job and just a minor inconvenience to their busy schedule. No, I don't vacuum for hours at a job but I'm not saying you should change(very excessive though)that either. In my example you did the SAME quality work in HALF the time :!: Are you worried that even if you do the same job faster they won't want to pay you price? If you hired a helper just the amount of time you save on a job would pay their salary!

SPEED SPEED SPEED seem's to be the focus on this thread.
EFFICIENCY will speed up the process is more of the focus try to keep up here JACKWAGON :!: :lol:

The bottom line is that it takes time to properly clean a carpet.
Yes, and you can clean it in half the time by being EFFICIENT!

So many of my client's told me that they have never seen a carpet cleaner that vacuumed. They also ask me what i am doing when i prespray and say that they have never seen this being done before. They also ask me about the carpet rake and say they have never seen that before.

WOW sounds like there are alot of HACKS in your area! No wonder you are still in business! The area I service has quite a few quality cleaners, none of which run that POS V.S..

Oh and they love my TriAd air movers.I tell my customers that it takes me longer to prep the job than it takes most carpet cleaners to do the whole job and their response to that is always negative towards their past high speed cleaner.

Triad air movers?? Wow, I think they might just be the weakest on the market! Why do you even need airmovers? I have them but don't use them much since the carpet will be dry(move furniture back in) in 4-6 hours in most cases..

Customers don't like people running around their homes like a bunch of raped apes. I look at the extra time that it takes to do a high end job as my advertising budget. I do not have to advertise or go around and kiss ass to get work.(not my style)

LOL I bet the feeling of my customer is put at way more ease then you pulling up in you Ford Fiesta(IMAGE) and POS equipment and when they see how little money you put into your biz. they must realize you lost your job somewhere else and you are just cleaning carpet till you get a REAL job! We don't "run around" with my helper it is truly like having 4 hands! Sounds to me like you guys are charging more cause it take you longer(which you have to do) but, actually I think your custy is getting short changed cause of your inefficiency! I don't advertise either, I will start to when I find another good tech..

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
So unless you have two guys you're saying there is no way to please customers since it takes too much time to do the job properly with only one man?
Since the majority of cleaners take less time to do the entire job than it takes me to simply wand it, most of my clients are happy to see a cleaner taking their time. Most of the two man teams here, in fact I know of NO two man teams here, don't bother to clean properly at all. They are in and out before I can even get the quote done, get tabs-blocks and sliders set up, and even start the vacuuming.

Sure, two GOOD techs can clean faster, and if you are that team, good for you. You're an exception.

Able 1

Name
Keith
Here is a local review:

A Google User reviewed 5 months ago
Overall 0 / 3
I've used them twice for carpet cleaning. The first time they sent 2 people and did a fine job. I'd give it 5 stars. The second time, they sent a guy by himself and he did just ok. Way slower, of course, because there was only one guy. A rather slow mover. He was, um, rather mellow. In the last month, they've called my cell phone on 5 different days. I'd like to answer and tell them to stop calling me, but I figured I'd write this review instead. I wish they would put the same effort into cleaning carpet as they do in calling my cell phone unsolicited. They have probably lost me as a customer. I hope that time you only sent one guy was worth it.

Able 1

Name
Keith
Ron Werner said:
So unless you have two guys you're saying there is no way to please customers since it takes too much time to do the job properly with only one man?

No, I'm not saying that, I did it for 5 years.. I'm just saying when you say "guy's that run two on a truck and do 5-7 jobs CAN'T do a great job" that is BS!!

Since the majority of cleaners take less time to do the entire job than it takes me to simply wand it, most of my clients are happy to see a cleaner taking their time.

So you sell on being SLOW. "Hey, Becky I had this carpet cleaner clean today that took 4 hours when the last guys were out in 1.75 hours, he must have done a great job!" COME ON RON! :lol: KMA! Talk about painting yourself into a corner, to leave your company completely worthless :!:

Most of the two man teams here, in fact I know of NO two man teams here, don't bother to clean properly at all. They are in and out before I can even get the quote done, get tabs-blocks and sliders set up, and even start the vacuuming.

Sure, two GOOD techs can clean faster, and if you are that team, good for you. You're an exception.
LIKE! If you keep looking you'll find one, it's not easy but well worth it, you just NEED to keep looking... FOREVER!

Able 1

Name
Keith
So... What say you Mardie, I feel as if I'm on a roll, and you disappeared :!: yes, I really clean up pet shit for a living Dad..

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Jim Martin said:
been thinking about what was said in another thread about high end cleaners only doing 1....maybe 2 jobs a day....and other cleaners doing 3 maybe 5 a day.......

what would be the pro's and con's of both situations..............

HOW DID WE GET HERE..... :?:

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
HARPER said:
Jim Martin said:
been thinking about what was said in another thread about high end cleaners only doing 1....maybe 2 jobs a day....and other cleaners doing 3 maybe 5 a day.......

HOW DID WE GET HERE..... :?:

This thing went sideways 7 pages ago...

Able 1

Name
Keith
Jim Martin said:

Really? I think this has stayed more on topic then most threads around here...

Ok let's continue the debate.

I have seen Keith's flyers offering three rooms for 85 dollars or five rooms for around 120. Are you making great money and do you feel it's worth keeping your prices low. Do you feel you get more repeats and building a better base? Do you think you could raise your prices to five rooms for 200 ish or would that drive your customers away?

Jim I know you clean for 20 dollars per room after the first two. Again do you feel it's the better strategy to offer good service (you don't move furniture) at the lower price and get more referrals or charge the higher price like Mike does and hope there's enough to go around.

I do good and have a healthy mix of everything but no way I could clean five rooms for 120. I'm used to making a lot more profit that that.

What has been you guy's experience?

Just curious.

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
Able 1 said:
Mardie said:
[quote="Ron Werner":1ebnv4ce]yeah, if you have a good tech, you'll cut the time. If you have two vacuums, you'll cut the time even more. Challenge is, very few if any guys are willing to even put THAT time in, esp if they are watching the clock more than what's coming in the canister.

So, are you saying that since you can't properly train a technician your custy's should be held hostage in their home for twice the time that is needed to do the same job? My custy's appreciate the fact we do a great job and just a minor inconvenience to their busy schedule. No, I don't vacuum for hours at a job but I'm not saying you should change(very excessive though)that either. In my example you did the SAME quality work in HALF the time :!: Are you worried that even if you do the same job faster they won't want to pay you price? If you hired a helper just the amount of time you save on a job would pay their salary!

SPEED SPEED SPEED seem's to be the focus on this thread.
EFFICIENCY will speed up the process is more of the focus try to keep up here JACKWAGON :!: :lol:

The bottom line is that it takes time to properly clean a carpet.
Yes, and you can clean it in half the time by being EFFICIENT!

So many of my client's told me that they have never seen a carpet cleaner that vacuumed. They also ask me what i am doing when i prespray and say that they have never seen this being done before. They also ask me about the carpet rake and say they have never seen that before.

WOW sounds like there are alot of HACKS in your area! No wonder you are still in business! The area I service has quite a few quality cleaners, none of which run that POS V.S..

Oh and they love my TriAd air movers.I tell my customers that it takes me longer to prep the job than it takes most carpet cleaners to do the whole job and their response to that is always negative towards their past high speed cleaner.

Triad air movers?? Wow, I think they might just be the weakest on the market! Why do you even need airmovers? I have them but don't use them much since the carpet will be dry(move furniture back in) in 4-6 hours in most cases..

Customers don't like people running around their homes like a bunch of raped apes. I look at the extra time that it takes to do a high end job as my advertising budget. I do not have to advertise or go around and kiss ass to get work.(not my style)

LOL I bet the feeling of my customer is put at way more ease then you pulling up in you Ford Fiesta(IMAGE) and POS equipment and when they see how little money you put into your biz. they must realize you lost your job somewhere else and you are just cleaning carpet till you get a REAL job! We don't "run around" with my helper it is truly like having 4 hands! Sounds to me like you guys are charging more cause it take you longer(which you have to do) but, actually I think your custy is getting short changed cause of your inefficiency! I don't advertise either, I will start to when I find another good tech..[/quote:1ebnv4ce]

So you assume that a cleaner that spends more time, is because they are less efficient.More like they are very efficient and are doing more and better.
My customer base is at least 400thousand and would suspect that it is representative of the north american market when it comes to carpet cleaners.
I am a low moister cleaner so the triad's output is great for me.I dry the majority of the carpet and replace the furniture on dry carpet before i leave.
I always get comments on how much equipment i have. I always get asked if i am a franchise.The client typically only see's a hose and wand.lol
Being efficient and cheating the job are two different things.

I was making over 100k a year before i decided to start this. I started this because i got remarried after my first wife passed and then had my first baby. I wanted to spend more time with my new family and this is the way i could do that.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
danielc said:

I have seen Keith's flyers offering three rooms for 85 dollars or five rooms for around 120. Are you making great money and do you feel it's worth keeping your prices low. Do you feel you get more repeats and building a better base? Do you think you could raise your prices to five rooms for 200 ish or would that drive your customers away?

Jim I know you clean for 20 dollars per room after the first two. Again do you feel it's the better strategy to offer good service (you don't move furniture) at the lower price and get more referrals or charge the higher price like Mike does and hope there's enough to go around.

I do good and have a healthy mix of everything but no way I could clean five rooms for 120. I'm used to making a lot more profit that that.

Just curious.

You are way off for what I do...during our conversation I was giving you examples....what I really make is no ones concern but my own...this thing about speed in a mute point as far as I am concerned...it has been proven time and time again that quantity is how you make your money...but the key is not to allow your quality to suffer..and there is all kinds of way of doing that....

So basically we can all agree that you need to find ways to maximize efficiency, price your service to make money and give your customers value, and don't short change yourself when there is money to be made.

Yea I'm trying to figure out how this went 9 pages deep.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
danielc said:
So basically we can all agree that you need to find ways to maximize efficiency, price your service to make money and give your customers value, and don't short change yourself when there is money to be made.

Yea I'm trying to figure out how this went 9 pages deep.

Pretty much yes....except for he agreeing part....

Able 1

Name
Keith
danielc said:

Just curious.

You MUST be smoking crack tonight! I clean 3 rooms and a hall for 115.00 (why would you quote a wrong price?)ARE YOU RETARDED?! check my web site ablecarpetcleaners.com) Wayne has my back my flyers and permission to post to show his GREAT work, if he wants) I do empty rentals in the ghetto 3 rooms for 90(always vacuumed) and I have the keys whenever I please!! 5 rooms and a hall is 165 and done in around an hour. I really don't know where you got your info from, but I bump my prices every two years or so to weed out the cheap asses.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
DON"T make me go to my pHotObUcKeT...to hIjAcK this thread.... I've seen Jimmy naked

"I know Ofer is thinking.."Ya ...DO IT...do it..!".... eat shit!

Good that you have raised your prices and not seen a drop in business.

And I get my info when you post flyers for the entire world to see and you are right that was over a year ago.

But you are missing the point. There is not much difference between 120 and 165 to be honest. That's kind of small potatoes compared to someone like Mike getting 400-500 for the same job.

You are still providing a good job at a fair price point. I think that is the best approach.

Just trying to compare they guys doing a decent job at a fair price point to the guys that are high end that get high sq ft pricing.

Who gets the most call backs and referrals? I think the more fair priced cleaner does.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom