I want to Race a Zipper. Who's in for a challenge?

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Two things:
1. We need to start a Go Fund Me account to raise money for Mark to be able to purchase a GoPro camera to put on his chest. The one handed videos...LOL
2. Everyone here is comparing it to their Prochem Ti 13inch wand. I'm gonna be racing with a Mach15, 230atw heat, and a Titan truck mount with the awesome suction.

@Mark Saiger I love watching your videos, and I just wanted to tell you that your videos are the reason I'm gonna buy a Zipper for my commercial work when I get the funds. I'm going through a small problem in my business right now, and when I get all that settled, my first purchase is going to be a Zipper, because I agree with it being faster and more efficient on the body than a wand. But my race is in residential...NASTY residential. And I'll have a video soon to put on the race. Maybe...just maybe if Mike allows...arrive in Nashville with my setup to compete with.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Two things:
1. We need to start a Go Fund Me account to raise money for Mark to be able to purchase a GoPro camera to put on his chest. The one handed videos...LOL
2. Everyone here is comparing it to their Prochem Ti 13inch wand. I'm gonna be racing with a Mach15, 230atw heat, and a Titan truck mount with the awesome suction.

@Mark Saiger I love watching your videos, and I just wanted to tell you that your videos are the reason I'm gonna buy a Zipper for my commercial work when I get the funds. I'm going through a small problem in my business right now, and when I get all that settled, my first purchase is going to be a Zipper, because I agree with it being faster and more efficient on the body than a wand. But my race is in residential...NASTY residential. And I'll have a video soon to put on the race. Maybe...just maybe if Mike allows...arrive in Nashville with my setup to compete with.

I love nasty residential carpets....really do...

Well....I love nasty carpets :)

And thank you for the kind words :)

I really hope you are able to work the things out of concern....happens to all of us (like our slow start to this year too )

Best wishes and Hope we can see each other again in Nashville, even for just friendly conversation and fun :)

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
I am in no way gonna take away from the Zipper.

Tools that are made by carpet cleaners that clean more than likely came up and designed and built a tool that solved a problem they were having in THERE work load while they were cleaning.

Like us and the filter, some can use a poolie and have no problems at all, but for us....you know those filthy carpets that always show up at the show to test tools on....shoot those are my everydays, so I was told to solve the problem.

Erik has built a incredible tool, I don't think it could be built to a higher quality, its performance is VERY good, but Erik was doing a ton of CGD or large open areas, hell yes he nailed it 100%

I did buy a zipper but for the everyday type of cleaning it just didn't fit in, I did sell it just because I just didn't use it enough, In all honesty I WISH I HAD the work that it was really designed for.

I am NOT saying it cant be used in resi work but I am a wand pusher, I hate it when I have to break out the 175 or my old school Dual head RV, I just love to clean with a wand. I have a routine and I make great time, and can clean some of natiest of carpets with just a wand.

Now that I am working on my very own wand I am trying to make it perform for my cleaning situations, and I think I am making great progress, soon I will find out if what I have built makes other cleaners happy too??

I am not a vet, in this industry, but I can say agitation is # 1, It fits in with the biggest TM and also the smallest porty units and makes both types clean very well. I don't have a supply house of chems in my van...I have what works and I very seldom stray UNLESS someone I trust tells me I need to give a chem a try.
What I can say is this, if you have gained good knowledge and are getting great results with a wand, a Zipper will make you more than likely happy, if you are a cleaner that goes for a grandi groomer, or 175, and you are up in the air on a rotary like 360i or zipper I would say go with 360i
That is just my honest answer and IN NO WAY TALKING trash about the Zipper

Toms new wand is on my list of got to have! (got to have 2 of them :) )

Mikey P

Administrator
Two things:

I'm sure Doyle would love to have your machine there..

As would I

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
O.K. Matt, you got me persuaded. You're in.

But my money is still on Saiger's toddlers. You just can't beat their youthful exuberance. Especially now that Mark got them on his secret sauce, that cleans the carpet and helps the joints.

and 15 years is veteran enough for me.

Mikey P

Administrator
So let me get this straight Matt..

You feel you can do a better and faster job with a Mach15 high flow wand than Saiger and his Zipper.

How many square feet will we need to prove a winner?

Do you feel your 575 is on par with the Butler?

Reactions: Mark Saiger

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
So let me get this straight Matt..

You feel you can do a better and faster job with a Mach15 high flow wand than Saiger and his Zipper.

How many square feet will we need to prove a winner?

Do you feel your 575 is on par with the Butler?
I think we should both clean the same size and see who can get it done in the fastest time, yet be just as clean and dry.

The Focus of this race is to do the same quality and dry time in a faster time. Hence the title of this thread "racing a Zipper".

I'm sure any wand can go faster, but can it go faster and do the same quality work???? That's my goal

Yes, I feel my Titan can compete with the suction and Heat as a Butler.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I would like to see a Zipper/ Grumpy competition on commercial of lets say 10k for a start.
I think that would be a close race but two different systems like that are difficult to compare. Visual results may be equal but what sbout actually soil removal? If the areas were weighted would the results still be close?

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Just so you know, I'm 6'5" with a long reach. I can throw that wand out there and pull it back once to your every 2 passes.

Reactions: Mark Saiger

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I think that would be a close race but two different systems like that are difficult to compare. Visual results may be equal but what sbout actually soil removal? If the areas were weighted would the results still be close?
I don't care to get too scientific about this. I just want to see the equivalent of clean and dry visual and to the touch, and to see who can deliver that the soonest

SamIam

Name
sam miller
One thing to note in Vegas you guys tested a Butler at 12 flow 185 Atw a ss570 185 AtW

The Titan 575 according to Saigers test with a 12 flow wand was 195

So I would say they're comparable both use a 4.7 blower also.

Reactions: Mikey P

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
What flow?
I just dropped it back down to 7.5. On really trashed carpet, 9.5 was better. But on the average job, it cleans just as good as the 9.5

So I'll be set at 7.5flow. I don't want anyone to use that as an excuse of me cheating if they see my wand set at 7.5 when I mentioned earlier that I had 9.5

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
12 flow here....all day long...

SS Super Spinner is 4 flow, but probably equivalent to my 12 flow....

Butler High Heat with 47 Tuthil and I run 2.5 inch hose for the first 100 feet....but longer runs...as much 2.5 inch as I can toss in the van for that day....

Just so no one thinks I am cheating :)

Reactions: BIG WOOD
Back
Top Bottom