I want to Race a Zipper. Who's in for a challenge?

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
What is the HG set at on your Butler?

Reactions: Mark Saiger

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
That might be why mine works better at 7.5 flow. My hg's are set at 12. I would go higher, but my manual says to keep it at that. I don't want to void my warranty.

When I went high flow, and held the trigger for a long run on trashed carpet, there was more water in the hose, and my vac relief opened up, causing the suction to slow down. If my hg's were set higher (13-14), I feel that the higher flow would perform better.

That's why I'm only gonna clean at 7.5 in nashville.

But I still look forward to competing with your zipper, LOL.

Reactions: Mark Saiger

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
That's how great a Cimex is..

With a broken foot I could still out (appearance) clean you two hot water geeks.

The area ill look better the next day and I'll be drinking Mojitos by the pool while you are still winding up hoses.

How long do you need to get the job done "Hop along?" :stir:

Is there a number on how many Mojitos it takes to make us all start looking good? :razz:

Oh....you were talking about the carpets.... :biggrin:

TConway

Supportive Member
Name
Thomas Conway

Funny my Mom had a parrot that stayed in the room as you came in from the garage, My dad would take his shoes off in that room, the room was also next to mine, for YEARS I got blammed for the birds X rated humor, well before my mom passed my dad confessed to her that he was the one behind the birds high class vocabulary.
Funny thing is I was always telling my friends shut up and keep it down the f ing bird is listening, and it is getting me in trouble

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
That might be why mine works better at 7.5 flow. My hg's are set at 12. I would go higher, but my manual says to keep it at that. I don't want to void my warranty.

When I went high flow, and held the trigger for a long run on trashed carpet, there was more water in the hose, and my vac relief opened up, causing the suction to slow down. If my hg's were set higher (13-14), I feel that the higher flow would perform better.

That's why I'm only gonna clean at 7.5 in nashville.

But I still look forward to competing with your zipper, LOL.

Set the Vac higher to maintain more CFM thru the wand head.
Less air will be lost thru the relief valve.

I think you will do well against the Zipper ( with the same 15" hg) .

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Set the Vac higher to maintain more CFM thru the wand head.
Less air will be lost thru the relief valve.

I think you will do well against the Zipper ( with the same 15" hg) .
I'm certain it would, but @doylebloss might fuss at me for going over the limit on what their manual tells me to set it at. I will if he tells me it's ok this one time, just for some healthy competition

Reactions: Desk Jockey

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I'm certain it would, but @doylebloss might fuss at me for going over the limit on what their manual tells me to set it at. I will if he tells me it's ok this one time, just for some healthy competition
Nahh, I'll leave it at 12hg. If I win, I can rub it in that my blower was set lower. If I lose, I'll have an excuse as to why I lost. It's a win win for me

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
That's how great a Cimex is..

With a broken foot I could still out (appearance) clean you two hot water geeks.

The area ill look better the next day and I'll be drinking Mojitos by the pool while you are still winding up hoses.
Let's tie your gimpy leg to Marks gimpy leg and see what you can do.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
270sq ft in under 9min. That's more than 30sq. ft./min. I went faster than normal, because it wasn't that dirty, and I know this job isn't what I originally wanted to compete on from my first few posts. The dry time was barely damp 30min after I cleaned it. I just thought I'd show the Zipper what it's gonna be competing with

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Matt, that was incredibly painful to watch. Now that you're young and full of piss and vinegar, well piss anyway, you can get away with slinging a big wand like that. It will catch up with you in your later years. Running a 17 inch Zipper up and down will be the same or faster (probably faster) without all that energy expended. I did 10 hallways, one office today, aprox 6000 sqft. with one helper pulling hose and organizing things and we were done in 4 hours. All cgd, presprayed and rinsed using a 12 inch wand. I am a little sore but using a wand like that would probably put me in the hospital.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Matt, that was incredibly painful to watch. Now that you're young and full of piss and vinegar, well piss anyway, you can get away with slinging a big wand like that. It will catch up with you in your later years. Running a 17 inch Zipper up and down will be the same or faster (probably faster) without all that energy expended. I did 10 hallways, one office today, aprox 6000 sqft. with one helper pulling hose and organizing things and we were done in 4 hours. All cgd, presprayed and rinsed using a 12 inch wand. I am a little sore but using a wand like that would probably put me in the hospital.
I agree. It won't be long before I open the wallet for a Zipper. My shoulder and lower back is holding up fine for now. When go to bed with an ache, and wake up with the ache still there...the Zipper crew will be sending me one.

Right now after a busy day...a good night's sleep is curing my aches. But it won't be much longer

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Use it extensively in Nashville. Save your body, don't wait until you need it.

It flushes better and dries faster with less fatigue than slinging a wand. Only an idiotic fool would ignore a tool that benefits the client and yourself.

But do what you want...no pressure. :lol:

Name
Nate W.
Use it extensively in Nashville. Save your body, don't wait until you need it.

It flushes better and dries faster with less fatigue than slinging a wand. Only an idiotic fool would ignore a tool that benefits the client and yourself.

But do what you want...no pressure. :lol:

I still remember the critics when @Erik came out with the Zipper jr..... "A glorified drag wand......." and look where the Zipper jr is today... Only a few people actually seen the benefits when it first came out took advantage of the deal Erik put on the table..... It wasn't until they couldn't buy one is when the interest started to grow.... I seen the light and found a used one for sale....The price I paid for the used one, was the same price for a brand new one....

Erik has given me nothing but the best support since I bought one and it wasn't even purchased from him.... He's a stand up guy and deserves all the best!!

Hell I would watch all his youtube videos since the beginning of the original Zipper....

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom