Latest and greatest CRB @ Jon Don, impressive cleaning display!!!!

FredC

Village Idiot
And the strong website has much of the same copy and pics

And pictures of the strong unit disassembled show it to be the same

And Marcus is listed as director of sales on brush and cleans most recent filings with the sos

Who cares about all the politics. Marcus is proving himself as the real deal. It's great to see some real competition in the CRB market.

I'm convinced that when it comes time to get a CRB, Strong Dry is on the top of my list.

FredC

Village Idiot
Nah....hard to mix CRB machines in your tub :D

and the questions I asked, some I knew were "wrong", were intended to try and squeeze the backstory from him....he/strong peeked our interest a few months back then disappeared for the most part until this JD vid

I DO still question the "real manufacturer" comment and assume its just word play since I really doubt he/strong went from working for BnC to a full fledged manufacturer of what is, in more ways than not, a duplicate of the BnC and Brush Pro machines....which are basically the same machine............HF just cut out the middleman and gets them, apparently newer/upgraded models, directly from the source

If there is any "real manufacturing" going on I would bet it is under license from the same source without any improvements you couldn't get elsewhere.

Which is why I questioned the idea of competition.

Anyway...despite all that if JonDon is selling them I don't think I'd have an issue buying one FROM JONDON.............

but I don't see Marcus "proving himself as the real deal", any reason they would top a list, or how they are contributing to any real competition other than maybe on initial price of the machine

Last edited:

Dmreed4311

Supportive Member
Name
David Reed
@zee

No one mentioned anything about any method being better than the other.

I am sorry if you drew that conclusion from the post.

However, there is lots of research out there that shows low moisture is not to tough on carpets.

Its the classic example of a $1,000 silk shirt.

Do you wash it or do you take it to the dry cleaners?

Happy day to all!

Marcus
Ok to start what is the cost of the machine and cleaning product? I hate when websites like yours have no prices.
What makes you different than the originator of this process- HOST?
When I entered the cleaning business in the 90s I used HOST exclusively for about 4 years. The big thing I learned about Host was that on heavily soiled carpets, the carpet will be damaged from all the scrubbing it takes to get it clean. I saw the damage(distortion) to the carpet in your video. Yes you got it cleaned but HWE would have made quick work of that without the carpet distortion. I still use my Host machines daily for pre scrubbing followed by HWE.

billyeadon

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Yeadon
I think what is missing from the video is the versatility of the machine. In my mind one of the best uses of the machine is as a pre agitation following prespray. Switching brushes allows hard surface as well as rugs.

there are no perfect methods or machines only knowledgeable cleaners using the right method and tools for a particular flooring.

Reactions: Dolly Llama

Dmreed4311

Supportive Member
Name
David Reed
I think what is missing from the video is the versatility of the machine. In my mind one of the best uses of the machine is as a pre agitation following prespray. Switching brushes allows hard surface as well as rugs.

there are no perfect methods or machines only knowledgeable cleaners using the right method and tools for a particular flooring.

This is true but the last thing these manufactuers want is us doing that, they want us spreading the "sponge all over the floor" That is where the money is.

billyeadon

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Yeadon
This is true but the last thing these manufactuers want is us doing that, they want us spreading the "sponge all over the floor" That is where the money is.

Oh I certainly realize that and I will be making a follow up video to show the other ways of using the machine. We are happy to have the Strong machine at JonDon. Just one more tool to make cleaning easier.

randy

Name
Randy

and the questions I asked, some I knew were "wrong", were intended to try and squeeze the backstory from him....he/strong peeked our interest a few months back then disappeared for the most part until this JD vid

I DO still question the "real manufacturer" comment and assume its just word play since I really doubt he/strong went from working for BnC to a full fledged manufacturer of what is, in more ways than not, a duplicate of the BnC and Brush Pro machines....which are basically the same machine............HF just cut out the middleman and gets them, apparently newer/upgraded models, directly from the source

If there is any "real manufacturing" going on I would bet it is under license from the same source without any improvements you couldn't get elsewhere.

Anyway...despite all that if JonDon is selling them I don't think I'd have an issue buying one FROM JONDON............

but I don't see Marcus "proving himself as the real deal", any reason they would top a list, or how they are contributing to any real competition other than maybe on initial price of the machine[/QUOTE
Well Fred that's because you can't get it through your head that smacking a sticker on machine that you are private labeling is "manufacturing". Ok Marcus how about a tour of one of your "plants." I will fly there at my expense. Maybe you could post a few pictures of your assembly line at "one of your plants". These are the same machines that the true manufacturer started putting a slightly larger motor in. There is one manufacturer that ships the units, that require some assembly into the united states so they can say MADE IN AMERICA and avoid higher import taxes, especially in Canada. Nothing different then the units Interlink and many others sell and a Strong unit, assuming they don't have old stock they are liquidating. The brush n clean guys where actually in South Africa, the Florida HQ was a mail drop. The true manufacturer was sued when they dropped Brush N clean as a distributor and opened up in their own office in South Carolina. This office is run by the Austrian manufacturer and his son moved here to handle distribution to the U.S. I met him at Connections last fall. Strong was and maybe still is attempting to sell a franchise like system for $5,000 that the major components are a Counter rotating brush and a website. Unfortunately for Strong both of these items are a commodity in today's world, and not worth $5,000. Why do people attempting to sell to carpet cleaners think we are all so very stupid and gullible ? Claiming something is patented when a simple search show NO patents are held by the "company" and now Strong claiming to be a manufacturer. Hilarious claim, but putting on a sticker and a handle that snaps on and off doesn't make you a manufacturer with multiple plants.

Last edited:
Reactions: regarossa

idreadnought

Supportive Member
Name
Richard
I am actually impressed with the process. I have been an hwe guy for 22 years. Then about 4 years ago I was introduced to the encap process and after months of him hawing I rented a machine and did a repeat on a job that had less than desirable results. Lesson learned is that one method isn't necessarily the best even though I had been using it for 18 years at that point.

Back to the strong method, Kelly the guy in the video isn't just peddling machines, He runs a carpet cleaning business in California and uses this process every day. I talked to him a couple times about the process. The statement I remember most is "Richard if the carpets are clean, and DRY when you leave customers will be happy" He said he doesn't argue that hwe does a good job cleaning carpets but the fact is that they are damp when we leave and take a few hours to dry.

So after talking to him I start noticing stuff as I clean carpets. I use a machine just like his to pre-scrub every carpet we clean. So I pre-spray, then pre-scrub then look at the carpet. They almost always look really good at that point. I plan on trying some of his powder stuff in the future. I am doing 70% of his process already, using the machine he has, add the compound and I might be able to offer a service to customers that want a clean carpet that isn't damp when I leave.

Reactions: Strong Dry Carpet

Dmreed4311

Supportive Member
Name
David Reed
I am actually impressed with the process. I have been an hwe guy for 22 years. Then about 4 years ago I was introduced to the encap process and after months of him hawing I rented a machine and did a repeat on a job that had less than desirable results. Lesson learned is that one method isn't necessarily the best even though I had been using it for 18 years at that point.

Back to the strong method, Kelly the guy in the video isn't just peddling machines, He runs a carpet cleaning business in California and uses this process every day. I talked to him a couple times about the process. The statement I remember most is "Richard if the carpets are clean, and DRY when you leave customers will be happy" He said he doesn't argue that hwe does a good job cleaning carpets but the fact is that they are damp when we leave and take a few hours to dry.

So after talking to him I start noticing stuff as I clean carpets. I use a machine just like his to pre-scrub every carpet we clean. So I pre-spray, then pre-scrub then look at the carpet. They almost always look really good at that point. I plan on trying some of his powder stuff in the future. I am doing 70% of his process already, using the machine he has, add the compound and I might be able to offer a service to customers that want a clean carpet that isn't damp when I leave.

I promise you that that carpet in the video was wet and not dry when they finished and it needed an hour or two to dry. The product they are using to absorb the dirt is moist and the more you add the more water in the carpet and that machine does not extract water. My TM gives me two or three hour dry times and I can clean carpet at a much lower cost. Based on the cost of HOST sponge, the material they used to clean that one area in thier video would be about ten dollars just in sponge. Strong has not invented anything new, this is just a HOST ripoff. CRB machines are great for prescrubbing and I use them for that everyday.

Name
Marcus Wendt
Brush and Clean is inactive right now due to issues. Brush and Clean used to receive its machine from the Austrian Distributor Carpet Cleaner Austria.

Strong Machines are assembled in America and are manufactured by Strong in its own plant.
The truth be told, not even Carpet Cleaner America or overseas Austria is a true manufacturer, they get their machines from a manufacturer called Rotowash.

I know in the video it shows Kelly tilting the machine, however we have completely eliminated this problem.
It starts up right away. The only reason he had lifted it was out of habit.

Our newly improved electronics have eliminated this problem.

I hope this answers people's doubts.

Best,

Marcus

Brush and Clean doesn't sell the same machine as Strong? How do both companies have machines with the same name? Brush & Clean's TM5 & TM4 are different machines? Strong's machines are American made?

Does the TM4 have to be tilted on start up for the brushes to spin on thick/plush carpet? It looked like it was tilted at start up.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Brush and Clean is inactive right now due to issues. Brush and Clean used to receive its machine from the Austrian Distributor Carpet Cleaner Austria.

Strong Machines are assembled in America and are manufactured by Strong in its own plant.
The truth be told, not even Carpet Cleaner America or overseas Austria is a true manufacturer, they get their machines from a manufacturer called Rotowash.

I know in the video it shows Kelly tilting the machine, however we have completely eliminated this problem.
It starts up right away. The only reason he had lifted it was out of habit.

Our newly improved electronics have eliminated this problem.

I hope this answers people's doubts.

Best,

Marcus

But what about the ear hair thing? I'm braiding it like Bo Derek in "10" but it's bringing negative reviews.

How much are you willing to back it? I've bought, um , "dry medium" systems in the past to my great disappointment.

FredC

Village Idiot

I'm aware of the rotowash fact.............

WHERE is your manufacturing "plant" exactly

again I see this as wordplay...at least without conclusive evidence to the contrary...given the extraordinary claims an all...

Extraordinary claims you ask? You went from "Director of Sales" at BnC to an ACTUAL manufacturer in less than a years time? BS

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas
Most of us know that the original CRB's were being built in Austria by Rotowash. These were good machines built by an old and trusted company. But lately I've been hearing some strange things about some of the CRB machines in the market. Something about Chinese knockoff parts being used. And other machines being built in India. I don't think we in the industry are hearing all of the story. Will the real Austrian CRB please stand up?

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
What's it about rotating machines (of any sort) that makes them (special folks) come out of the woodwork? :winky:

Last edited:
Reactions: Zee
Name
Marcus Wendt
You may believe whatever you may like :)

Anyway...despite all that if JonDon is selling them I don't think I'd have an issue buying one FROM JONDON............

but I don't see Marcus "proving himself as the real deal", any reason they would top a list, or how they are contributing to any real competition other than maybe on initial price of the machine[/QUOTE
Well Fred that's because you can't get it through your head that smacking a sticker on machine that you are private labeling is "manufacturing". Ok Marcus how about a tour of one of your "plants." I will fly there at my expense. Maybe you could post a few pictures of your assembly line at "one of your plants". These are the same machines that the true manufacturer started putting a slightly larger motor in. There is one manufacturer that ships the units, that require some assembly into the united states so they can say MADE IN AMERICA and avoid higher import taxes, especially in Canada. Nothing different then the units Interlink and many others sell and a Strong unit, assuming they don't have old stock they are liquidating. The brush n clean guys where actually in South Africa, the Florida HQ was a mail drop. The true manufacturer was sued when they dropped Brush N clean as a distributor and opened up in their own office in South Carolina. This office is run by the Austrian manufacturer and his son moved here to handle distribution to the U.S. I met him at Connections last fall. Strong was and maybe still is attempting to sell a franchise like system for $5,000 that the major components are a Counter rotating brush and a website. Unfortunately for Strong both of these items are a commodity in today's world, and not worth $5,000. Why do people attempting to sell to carpet cleaners think we are all so very stupid and gullible ? Claiming something is patented when a simple search show NO patents are held by the "company" and now Strong claiming to be a manufacturer. Hilarious claim, but putting on a sticker and a handle that snaps on and off doesn't make you a manufacturer with multiple plants.

idreadnought

Supportive Member
Name
Richard
Yeah I want to see the manufacturing plant also. I demand it! Actually I want to see everyones manufacturing plant. Cimex? will you show me your assembly line? rotovac? wheres yours? westpak? hydraforce? bridgepoint? SAnitaire? Mytee? Saphire Sceintific, where is that hoss assembled at?

Come to think of it I havn't seen very many assembly lines at all. Do they exist? should I quit buying any of these products?

regarossa

Name
Reg Rogers
Hello all at Mikey’s Board! Thanks for the lead in Rick G!

My name is Reg Rogers and I am a partner at Carpet Cleaner America along with Patrick Ladinig. Patrick is the son of Erwin Ladinig, owner of Carpet Cleaner Austria. We would just like to clear the air on some of the information posted here regarding counter rotating brush machines made by us and others.

We are the US importer/manufacturer of the real Austrian-made machines that you would identify as Brush Pro, Dristar, Oxy Clean, original TM4/5, etc... Brush and Clean were importing some of these machines but were cut off due to contractual reasons in 2011. Currently they are in litigation with Carpet Cleaner Austria, the manufacturer.

As far as the Strong Dry machine, it is a TM4/Dristar 16/Duo/GLS knock-off. We do not make these machines nor do they originate in Austria.

So where does the Strong Dry machine actually come from? We can only assume where it comes from, China or India, (there is a machine that is made in India for example) because Brush and Clean were attempting to re-create Whitakers on-board sprayer as of June 2011 and were working with a Chinese company to accomplish this. We do not think this machine is manufactured by Strong Dry in their “facility” in the US. Google the address, go there and ask for a tour.

So what is the tie in with Strong Dry/Brush and Clean? Well we actually purchased a Strong Dry machine through a third party. The credit card was processed through Brush and Clean. It appears they joined forces in Late 2012-early 2013.

If anyone wants more information on this, please call or email me at reg.rogers@carpetcleaner-usa.com 864.576.9887 - Or better yet, come visit our facilities in South Carolina or the plant in Austria!

Sorry for all the confusion this has caused here on this board, we just wanted to straighten things out.

Cheers- Reg

Reactions: Mikey P

Mikey P

Administrator
When a company touts their product as being "Made in America", does that include South America?

Larry Cobb has one of these Strong units at his shop in Texas, if they have not succeeded from America by May 30th, I'll be there to take a look and bounce it around.

Mikey P

Administrator
Where in South Carolina are you?

if you're near Greer would you mind stopping by my property and encapping my weeds?

Last edited:

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Oohh...this thread is getting better and better. Come on strong- what's your side now?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom