Marketing Mutiny?

LisaWagnerCRS

Name
Lisa Wagner
Wondering if any of you who are not on board with the "lowest price" coupon strategies would want to make an alternative room for more strategic marketing discussions.

Instead of the "Making More Money Room" moderated by Brian...

...it could be the "Actually Making More Money Room" moderated by a collective of "I'll be damned if I'm the cheapest price in town" business owners that use a strategic range of on-line and off-line campaigns to grow their business.

Just want to see if there are more than a few people tired of the Groupon and SEO-hack strategies and want to talk about how to build a real business with longevity.

If no one is interested, no big deal. I just wanted to see if anyone else is bored with this beside the usual suspects (myself included).

Just tossing the idea out there....

Lisa

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Cranky are we? When the chips are down....desperate measures are taken.

Wouldn't it be better just to contribute to the room instead of bashing original ideas?

LisaWagnerCRS

Name
Lisa Wagner
Brian R said:
Cranky are we? When the chips are down....desperate measures are taken.

Wouldn't it be better just to contribute to the room instead of bashing original ideas?

Hey buddy, have been contributing, as have many others.

It just makes sense if someone wants to build strategies around attracting price shoppers - that there should be a forum for those who don't want to have those conversations. It's kind of a left/right friction. We are speaking two different languages.

Price shopper focused marketing works... at attracting price-shopper clients.

Not everyone wants that.

So I'd be interested in a forum where biz owners are sharing how they build their systems and campaigns to attract customers looking for quality first, price second.

There may not be many of us... who knows... but it's at least worth asking.

Funny... you think a Val-Pak on-line as Groupon is an "original" idea. =) LMAO.

Lisa

LisaWagnerCRS

Name
Lisa Wagner
Ford Fairlane said:
Marketing guru's........ are they all high strung? :p

That's the caffeine, not the marketing. =)

What do ya say Chavez... you seem the "quality" business more than the "cheap" business...

I don't picture you cleaning a whole house for $75. :shock:

Lisa

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
They were original ideas on this board.

I welcome all marketing ideas.

In my company I focus on high end clients and work to establish relationships just like you said...I also work to gain other demographics...not sure where you get your info from.

I get onboard with Groupon to grab those high end clients and I guess you have a problem with it.

Every company should offer some kind of "deal" to their clients especially if they are worthy of keeping.

F

FB7777

Lisa,

Why not ask Mike to be a Moderator of the Make More Money Room? If I recall correctly, you were the one that came up with the name.

Having seen you on stage live and with your experience clearly you are one of the top choices in the industry for a marketing specific forum.

I have respect for Brian, he dedicates alot of time and energy to the room and takes criticism pretty darn well.

Sure, he comes up with some odd and self serving marketing ideas, but who knows... maybe he'll come up with a good one some day :?: :mrgreen:

Shoot... Harper threw over 5 thousand punches and all Brian did was throw a jab and knocked the old coot off the internet :shock:

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
Im down with Brian.
But I am also down with Lisa..

How about...........

Room #1......... The poor backyard marketing room.

Rooms #2........ The Beverly hills marketing room..

Bjorn

FREE ROOM OF CARPET CLEANING

FREE CARPET AUDIT

FREE BOOTIES

FREE BOTTLE OF SPOTTER

FREE 800 CARPET INFO LINE

ETHICAL WEB SITE

WARNING DO NOT CALL ANOTHER CLEANER TILL YOU READ MY SECRET REPORT ON HOW TO HIRE A CARPET CLEANER

MOST THROUGH CLEANING EVER OR TWICE YOUR MONEY BACK

READ THE TEN DEADLY SECRETS ABOUT CARPET CLEANING

now the cleaners below the red line may be ethical but have not signed the ethical agreement
so please use do diligence before selecting a cleaner below the red line

forgot you have to pay to be ethical

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
A committee, or a group (Brian included,) that will lead the marketing room is a good idea.

Brian has good ideas and lots of energy, however others with different emphasis and point of view will be helpful and expand the knowledge.

It is not personal, it will make the forum better by adding diversity and points of view.

After all there is only that many times that we can hear that Groupon, Full Circle and Service Monster are the cat's ass.

Which I am sure they are. :idea:

Mike Draper

As the highest price cleaner in my valley, I'm open to new ideas on the "quality first, price second" option. This is what we have always pushed, and have done well with it, but I am always open to new info.

I have been emailing the estimate as opposed to giving the price right then and there. This gives me time to inspect the job, write up a good proposal, and submit it to the customer later in the day or evening. Whenever I try to quote a price with the customer standing right there I usually go lower than I want to. I have been getting more and better jobs with this approach especially on jobs where stretching, tile work, and carpet cleaning are all involved.

Mikey P

Administrator
Having Lisa in there co moderating with Corky would be a huge draw and would help cover a much wider audience.

If Lisa want to push her Piranha thing a bit, I"m fine with it. Got to make time spent here worth one's while after all.

many are sic of the Robinson show but I dont see anyone else contributing like he does.

Chavez, Brevik, Boyle, Middleton, Eckman..
All of you guys have great ideas and no one is gonna stop you from putting them in print once a week..

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
I think the room is big enough in the MMM to handle all kinds of marketing ideas.

You know that there is not one magic way to market. It takes multible approaches.

If Brian is willing to do a test fine.

We can all learn from it to some degree.

I think the main problem is that the marketing discussion gets lost is the back and forth endless personal attacks.

If we all work together we all can learn from the success and failures of others.

The room should be used to help keep others at the top of their game or at least help them to stay on tract with the implementation of some general marketing principles.

Don't get distracted by the board drama.

Take the approach to help and become blind to those that want to piss and your leg. {Yappy dogs)

F

FB7777

not that anyone takes you seriously brokum

but JHC, I'm amazed you have the nerve to put an advertising link in every post and not even being a paying member here

Signed,

Everyone on pfred's computer

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
pfred said:
not that anyone takes you seriously brokum

but JHC, I'm amazed you have the nerve to put an advertising link in every post and not even being a paying member here

Signed,

Everyone on pfred's computer

A perfect example of worthless personal attacks that degrade the room.

Some of these guys just can't help themselves.

(I think Fred has a man crush on me.)

LisaWagnerCRS

Name
Lisa Wagner
danielc said:
I have been emailing the estimate as opposed to giving the price right then and there. This gives me time to inspect the job, write up a good proposal, and submit it to the customer later in the day or evening. Whenever I try to quote a price with the customer standing right there I usually go lower than I want to. I have been getting more and better jobs with this approach especially on jobs where stretching, tile work, and carpet cleaning are all involved.

Daniel, that's the psychology behind a Carpet Audit as well - having a presentation of what is needed, what the conditions are, and what the options are. It's that selling process that leads you to offering up prescriptions rather than doing what you bring up - and I know many have experienced - second guessing our own prices because we don't think they will say yes.

Good point though - to send it out, allows them to consider and then decide without you possibly suddenly lowering it.

Lisa

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I don't think they should be in the same room. Though I did suggest it at the beginning. I think we should let brian keep his room and ask Lisa, Maybe snow, jim Pemberton and Middleton Fred cordell (i may have missed some) and just cut with the BS of do it this way I am right because blah bla blah. I would rather have a cleaned room with more of a why and why not based on facts.

I say have competing rooms, we are business people and we are competitive.

PS for Yo cum

I think Fred feels the same way about you that I do Yo-cum and it ain't a crush. I was more attracted to the deuce I dropped after basketball tonight

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
kolfer1 said:
A committee, or a group (Brian included,) that will lead the marketing room is a good idea.

Brian has good ideas and lots of energy, however others with different emphasis and point of view will be helpful and expand the knowledge.

It is not personal, it will make the forum better by adding diversity and points of view.

After all there is only that many times that we can hear that Groupon, Full Circle and Service Monster are the cat's ass.

Which I am sure they are. :idea:

The voice of reason...as usual

I indirectly asked for Lisa to moderate the room with me when she first suggested the name. She is very boring in print but we all have our draw backs. !gotcha!
She does have some good info...I've read it.

I would welcome her...I think if we both kept our panties from bunching up we could have some good discussions. shiteatinggrin

On another note...the fact that Harpass isn't around anymore may lead to a thread or two that is actually constructive instead of bashing.
I like the guy and everythng but good gravy he was a piss.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
How about a man crush room for Fred and Crowley?

They can keep their terms of endearment there so the MMM can be more productive.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
What do ya say Chavez... you seem the "quality" business more than the "cheap" business...
Lisa we're not cheap, we're one of the highest in our area. Our service is are all about value, paying more but getting more too!

However this is Kansas not the East or West coast, so while high for the area .35 sq/ft is cheap in other areas of the country.

Saying that, what I've observed over the years on the board, is there are many very successful business that operate with different models. Trying to pigeon hole them to compare who we are is just not reasonable.

Truthfully we are much more of a restoration company than a carpet cleaning company (81% Fire or Water), but carpet cleaners have more fun, so here I am! :mrgreen:

I think Groupon is very interesting and if we can figure out a deal that wouldn't hurt too much we might give it a try. :shock:

Not for the reasons you'd immediately think, but for the cross marketing of other services. My company name and services will be piped directly into targeted homes that fit our demographic. I like that!

I also like the guerrilla warfare tactics of I'm in the homes of my competitor client's. It's a unique opportunity, a stage to put on your best show and possibly steal a client or two, I like that too. :twisted:

I think if you can get past the cheap cleaning price and look at the big picture of the life time value of a customer, then Groupon makes a little more sense.

Is it for everyone? I don't think so, I can see where it could hurt a company, but for us, I can't see where it would hurt us. So it might be worth a try. ???

F

FB7777

the dAv E BrOkum " I market wherever I can on the internet for free Marketing Forever"

This is what is included

A lame idea that grew my business from 16 employees down to me and a part time chimp

How to use a weenie old electro mount cuz I don't need high production because I barely have any work

How to charge 2o cents a sq foot after being in business for 30 years

Strategies to Troll bulletin boards acting like a marketing guru until you get kicked off or reprimanded by Evan and then get tossed by Tre ( both who are running for profit companies and don't need bottom feeders)

As an extra special bonus- How to spit in the face of the original bulletin board bad boy on his own board and continue to get FrEE mArKeTinG 4EvA

QUick be the first to purchase my System ... it makes a great Bookend to hold Marketing programs from actual successful marketers and businessmen

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Ford Fairlane said:
Lisa we're not cheap, we're one of the highest in our area. Our service is are all about value, paying more but getting more too!

However this is Kansas not the East or West coast, so while high for the area .35 sq/ft is cheap in other areas of the country.

Saying that, what I've observed over the years on the board, is there are many very successful business that operate with different models. Trying to pigeon hole them to compare who we are is just not reasonable.

Truthfully we are much more of a restoration company than a carpet cleaning company (81% Fire or Water), but carpet cleaners have more fun, so here I am! :mrgreen:

I think Groupon is very interesting and if we can figure out a deal that wouldn't hurt too much we might give it a try. :shock:

Not for the reasons you'd immediately think, but for the cross marketing of other services. My company name and services will be piped directly into targeted homes that fit our demographic. I like that!

I also like the guerrilla warfare tactics of I'm in the homes of my competitor client's. It's a unique opportunity, a stage to put on your best show and possibly steal a client or two, I like that too. :twisted:

I think if you can get past the cheap cleaning price and look at the big picture of the life time value of a customer, then Groupon makes a little more sense.

Is it for everyone? I don't think so, I can see where it could hurt a company, but for us, I can't see where it would hurt us. So it might be worth a try. ???

That brought a tear to my eye. Beautiful I tell ya.
I'm flying out in a few hours just to give you a hug.

Name
Noble Carpet Cleaners
Come on people, another room, another chat, another board? My days in this industry are numbered but I'm certainly not going out silent of a few things. There's too many entities peeing on everyone telling them it's raining. Be a great industry if it weren't for the customers, suppliers and the gurus.

Back
Top Bottom