Marketing Mutiny?

LisaWagnerCRS

Name
Lisa Wagner
FCC said:
I don't know if I'm on the same page as Lisa but...........

Just like postcards I would think the best results would be had from targeting.....sure groupon has a "core" demographic............or at least they did a year ago before all the "news"..........think facebook ...and forgive me if I don't put a lot of stock in groupons analysis of their customers....otherwise I would have a yellow pages ad.

I don't think Lisa would send out a free room offer in a mass mailing..............but in a sense that is what you are doing with groupon.

Nothing "wrong" with getting your foot in the door either way.............. think it is just a question of which one is going to provide you with the most benefit. I do not see groupon doing that for most.

I see how Brian can make it work subbing out and collecting his $10. I've never said that it would not work for him..he can always get more subs when his current ones are wore out and broke. :lol:

Thank you... someone who gets the point, which is the target market list, and the message to market match.

And you are right I would NEVER EVER recommend to anyone to do a free room offer to a mass mailer to strangers.

That was my point with Groupon from the first is the lack of any target market. A campaigns success or failure is all about the list and the offer.

And Ron W. - if you have not done so already, with your $50 off strategy, use a plastic gift card instead of a flyer, voucher, or coupon. It will boost your response and boost the perception of value.

Lisa

LisaWagnerCRS

Name
Lisa Wagner
meAt said:
marketing mutiny my ass

just say you want your own room so you can be the main attraction to hawk YOUR wares..
why be coy about it?

gemmie a fcking break.... :roll:

..l.T.A.

LMAO - no, I don't want my own room. I was just seeing if there were others not on board with the mass mailing mentality, that would want to talk more strategic target market pieces.

If no one said yes, then I'd know I was alone in wanting to see more of that. If some said yes, then go from there.

But it seems like most are just in the middle - they want more strategic conversations, but they also think Brian is giving it a decent shot... though some said some things not quite along those lines. :shock:

And of course, I get the usual bashing I've grown accustomed to here from the usual suspects. It's always like a fantastic family reunion here LOL.

Lisa

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
I like to count how many times Brian responds to his own posts, it helps keep my math skills sharp and Greg is always fun to read when he has been driinking.

Ken
Ps I do think it would be great to have more balance in the MMM room.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
This just totally blows my mind how anyone can sit and think that they have the next best thing out there to help you succeed in this business........

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Jim Martin said:
This just totally blows my mind how anyone can sit and think that they have the next best thing out there to help you succeed in this business........

I don't recall Brian ever saying he had the next best thing. Just that he was going to try a test with Groupon and report the results.

As far as Lisa, she was just pointing out some general marketing practices.

Nothing new.

Just, that common sense is not always very common when marketing comes to practice.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Dave Yoakum said:
[quote="Jim Martin":314secaz]This just totally blows my mind how anyone can sit and think that they have the next best thing out there to help you succeed in this business........

I don't recall Brian ever saying he had the next best thing. Just that he was going to try a test with Groupon and report the results.

As far as Lisa, she was just pointing out some general marketing practices.

Nothing new.

Just, that common sense is not always very common when marketing comes to practice.[/quote:314secaz]

I started making money........when I stopped listening to all the above...............

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Groupon like anything is just a tool.

I understand that if you don't also have some kind of level headed marketing plan that you will surely fail in that campaign.

Businesses only appear to shoot to the top with an amazing "get rich quick" marketing plan. What you don't hear on the news is how much work was put into Groupon or Facebook etc before they sky rocketed.

I'm not blinded by the risk taken by doing a Groupon...and I know it's not for everyone....but ANYone can do it if they put their mind to it. Like I said earlier, get some other carpet cleaners in the area and work together on it.

Lisa, I see no reason why you can't post threads in the MMM room that are "Wagner approved"...there are threads in there for general info, marketing stratagies, quick fixes and new stuff coming in like Groupon or changes to Google.

Why does it have to be a contest?

If the board were that way we would have 2 clean rooms. One for cleaning and the other complaining about cleaning.

I welcome your posts in the MMM room. Please come and help make it a better place.

Sincerely, Brian

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Ken Snow said:
I like to count how many times Brian responds to his own posts, it helps keep my math skills sharp and Greg is always fun to read when he has been driinking.

Ken
Ps I do think it would be great to have more balance in the MMM room.

That cracked me up. Ken you are like FCC except with personallity a real company. shiteatinggrin

Always calling me out on my crap. Thanks!

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I am out of good cheese and alchohol so I am off to bed
It's not even Thursday!

Lisa I think you have skills, the talent and the experience to be of great help to the masses here.

As far as your own room, it's not about the venue, people will listen if you share your tips. You don't have breech any of Joe's materials but steering and critiquing would be helpful to those seeking assistance.

As far as the MMM room, just suck it up and get a long in there, hell you don't even have to get along (that wouldn't be the MB way), just tolerate Brian.

He's not as evil as he's painted....well....on second thought maybe he is? :p

F

FB7777

Crowley you coward ROTFLMAO

calling Crowley a balless sack is like saying Joe Polish is painfully shy

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I know it is tough coming from me but

Back to a serious note

I think Lisa doesn't prostitute herself out on this board like Brian and the only relationship of her and piranha is from other members. I would love to see competing rooms. I do love competition and I think all marketing aspects are important except the ones you pay for wholey before you get info(IE BroKum)

I like brian he is one of two things
1. too stupid not to make more money than he is
2. just smart enough to make the money he is

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
That depends on your potential. You are the only one who can choose

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Well then I would have to say "just smart enought to make the money he is."

Because I work to my full potential.

But aren't they pretty much the same thing?

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I will put a bet on you Brian. I guarantee I have more in the bank and have a much higher adjusted gros income than you and am willing to take my tax forms to prove it

I didn't just fall off a beet truck

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
You win Greg. You're richer, smarter, cooler, hairier, stronger, faster, prettier, wittier, bigger, and all those other things you try reeeeeaaallly hard to be.

Good job!

You're smart Greg...you really are

Not like people say. !gotcha! shiteatinggrin

Burtz

I think greg is jealous because some bottom feeders can make more than he does

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
just shows how popular you are Brian. I am just a dumb carpet cleaner and Lisa Wagner doesn't know shit but man she knows rugs and marketing but you have her beat in shit shiteatinggrin

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom