Mytee Escape Truckmount

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
I'll top that free offer with: I will pay full shipping.

Edit: shipping to my office...before Khavez tinnks dat it waz for-im.

Last edited:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Why thanks Zee!

There you go Michael just ship it to 2400 S. Kansas Topeka Kansas 66611

I tell you what, for being so kind I'll send you Rob Anspach's book "Share".

I'll have to pull it out from under the divan but for YOU, I'm willing to sit at an angle.

2014-11-07_17-29-20_865_zpsc7d457f8.jpg

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is THAT! Nice paint job! Is that a food processor or a juicer?

Gas fired engine driving lamb blowers? :eekk:

Different. :icon_rolleyes:

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
Wow - nice looking machine!

The Facebook page mentions several different models, where does one go to get more info?

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
No one is going to want to move stoves, and dryers on every job, a guy will have to end up getting a 10,000 watt generator to run it. Then have to by a little giant heater. By the time you add in the cost for those two extras, and given that you'll be burning gas any ways to run a 15 HP engine on the generator

Again, according to the website, it needs only one 20A and one 10A circuit. Even if the draw is a full 30A (20 + 10) that's only 3600 watts..... although you would go somewhat larger for the startup current, 10 kw would not be needed.

Name
Andy McFadden
Again, according to the website, it needs only one 20A and one 10A circuit. Even if the draw is a full 30A (20 + 10) that's only 3600 watts..... although you would go somewhat larger for the startup current, 10 kw would not be needed.

lol, their web site is way off . Each vac motor pulls about 14 amps, X 4 = 54 amps, the pump and pump out maybe add another 10 amps? you will need at least a 10,000 watt generator my friend.

I would guess the specs on the website had to do with their first offering that only had 2 vac motors and if I remember correct a smaller 500 psi pump./

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
lol, their web site is way off . Each vac motor pulls about 14 amps, X 4 = 54 amps, the pump and pump out maybe add another 10 amps? you will need at least a 10,000 watt generator my friend.

I would guess the specs on the website had to do with their first offering that only had 2 vac motors and if I remember correct a smaller 500 psi pump./

Really? Their website must be off in more ways than one. The latest parts list (for ETM's produced Dec 2012 thru Apr 2014) Lists the vac motors as part C304, which according to their website is 240V, 6.4A - and of course when you start combining vacs the current draw goes down. Perhaps we will never know for sure....

Bjorn

240V, 6.4A that would be amp per leg so double that and you have total amps

please some one teach merty to use a screw driver

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
The Velocity TM has at least 5 vac motors that I can see . . .

The Honda engine is for the built-in generator . . .

Every model I've seen looks different from the last model . .

Larry

P.S. Most of the Escape users don't seem to have any problems with 230 VAC outlets here in Dallas .

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger

That one could be a unit of my friends from Minneapolis.

That company (Velocity Technologies) went out of business fast and left a bunch of people hanging.

My friend had to do a lot of retrofitting and rebuilding to make that TM work.

He had a great plan to be more green and he has great marketing, but the initial receiving of the product, the remanufacturing of the TM was a bit disheartening I think.

Over on *** there was about a 150 page discussion going on over there last year because someone else had also bought one and did not get anything for their money.

I have not seen this in person yet, but I know he has it working. Don't know his future plans, but he went from a Vortex (might be the one Jim Martin bought...)to a Butler, then to this.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
I'm a bit slow...I don't understand how it is more green to run that "truckmount" if it has the same engine driving it- for electricity- as my truckmount?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
maybe because you're not a dipshit. Try to think less and get more excited by the flash and show. :oldrolleyes:

As always buyer beware. Don't buy without seeing and touching. Talk to those that own one, if there isn't one available that should be a red flag. Don't give someone money without getting something for it.

If you must risk your money with a garage builder then do it with someone that has a good track record. Your safest move is go with a major.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Mark Saiger

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Ztomdoost: 4321880 said:
I'm a bit slow...I don't understand how it is more green to run that "truckmount" if it has the same engine driving it- for electricity- as my truckmount?

Is able to do both, but would agree

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Good Gawd that VT guy was a total and complete lunatic. The hilarious part was he was on the bored a year earlier after smoking big bags of crack and rambling to himself till 4am.

THAT was the joke, he came back and all of a sudden was the "mastermind" behind some breakthrough electric technology.
We knew how the story was going to end the whole time, it was like watching a trainwreck in slow motion.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
If It's hooked to a dryer outlet that gets its power from hydroelectric - well duh......

:lol:

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Here's about 55 amps - dual 3 stage vacs, cat pump, 5250 watts heat (with vac motor heat exchangers) I always was a heat ho.....

<embed width="600" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullscreen="true" allowNetworking="all" wmode="transparent" src="http://static.photobucket.com/player.swf" flashvars="file=http%3A%2F%2Fvid158.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Ft82%2FWilly1956%2F005_zpsbni1ljqr.mp4&title=">

Last edited:

Zee

Supportive Member
Name

Thats true...sometimes, you can plug it in and not use the small engine..but: lets be real, that electricity is not in the wall by magic...its more than likely coming from a coal or oil burning plant....not that much greener.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
In the right region of the country (the south and the southwest) where electricity and not natural gas is the primary utility for furnaces and hot water, the ETM is an excellent choice as you can easily access a 220 plug and fire up these machines. The Velocity machine generator should not be utilized except as a last resort and then with additional cooling as the gas engine melts and destroys the electrical components and vac motors due to it's placement under the machine. An interesting idea but retardedly engineered.

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

Bjorn

that's funny Cobb I put over a 1000 hours on a 220 machine then chose not to put it out in the field.

Reasons empties are fine that's if they have a 220 dryer outlet up here it's pretty much 50/50 if the dryer is electric or gas not very good odds
The new dryers or front loaders have stands and higher and give no access to the 220 plug.
I could run two separate plugs on different legs but that could also be a problem a little thing called a gfi can stop you DEAD click had one rude awakening once when the gfi tripped and I could not find it shut off half of the house, found it took an hour it was in a bath room up stairs.

during the R&D phase I had one tiny problem if one plug got unplugged the machine shut down as it should but but back power was running through the cord so if you touched the plug prongs you could get ZAPPED!

I solved that problem with the quick 220 device no more feed back then made a video with it then another then put the 220 machine into production.

Even with the quick 220 you still had the problem of using two separate legs and it was not compatible with a GFI

The nordic1 only needed two 15 amps to work so you only needed a 5k gen set to run when you could not plug into the customers power.

I found out I was using the gen set around 60% of the time after that there was no advantage in using that machine

Did it work yes it worked fine in over a 1000 hours maybe 2 to 3 hours of down time.

The other electric machine need larger gensets so where is the savings or advantage

So I went back to a 2 110 machine the techo viking which had a nice run and sold around 10 of them all are still in use and making money for their owners one nice thing they seem to have a good resale vale too.

the Technoviking very small compact not counting the waste tank in weighs in around a 100 pounds
sessav046.jpg

how the heck are you going to use the dryer outlet
PHONES020.jpg

this is the original nordic1
this machine is or was just a test bed and never sold
NEWTM.jpg

then it morphed into a more portable version which was used at MF in Nashville this machine was sold but was rewired to only run on direct 220. it is being used as a shop machine.
DSCF3376.jpg

now the final version of the nordic1 smaller and more compact with the ever famous cylinder waste tank
none of these were sold.
DSC00017.jpg

So as I sit back with a big smile on my face and beer in hand with a Cuban all the above info I pretty much kept to my self.

Reactions: Bob Savage

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom