New Hi-AirWatt Portable Arrives

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
Actually, I guess that's what soured me on two cord portys to think of it:biggrin::biggrin:
And bringing one in a customers house:icon_rolleyes: $1,200 in am wouldn't matter if you burn the house down in the pm:icon_rolleyes:

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
The Speedster/LTD vac mounts under the tank is the ideal configuration.

Being the tinkerer that you are, have you considered how feasible it would be to make some type of adapter kit to swap out the 5.7's vac motors to 6.6's motors on the newer Mtyee bodies?
John @ Mytee is working on it

I am confident that it would be a big hit with so many Mytee units out there.
Difficult to do for Series.

What's the flow on that pump?
1 GPM @ 400 PSI

Hp on the motor?
1/3 HP Ametek Motor

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
It's amazing what chimps will play with. I make each available in case one decides he really likes it and decides to go to town with it. Don't matter to me as long as I'm not using it, and I'm not!

Name
Nate W.
It's amazing what chimps will play with. I make each available in case one decides he really likes it and decides to go to town with it. Don't matter to me as long as I'm not using it, and I'm not!

I taught him everything he knows....!

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
1/3 HP Ametek Motor

That motor looks different from the other one used in your other Breeze.

What was the HP on the old one?

Looks like a nice little match for that cat pump, and lightweight.

"Difficult to do for Series."

Are you saying your proprietary motors used here are difficult for parallel, or all 6.6 motors?

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
That motor looks different from the other one used in your other Breeze.

What was the HP on the old one?

Looks like a nice little match for that cat pump, and lightweight.

"Difficult to do for Series."

Are you saying your proprietary motors used here are difficult for parallel, or all 6.6 motors?

They were both 1/3 HP motors. The new one is more reliable.

The new vac motors were designed to run in series for maximum efficiency.

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
The new vac motors were designed to run in series for maximum efficiency.

So you have said.

If you are going to continue your attempts to control the vac spec narrative by only using Airwatts as a unit of measure, and withhold the cfm/lift specs of each "proprietary" motor of yours, then I have no further questions regarding this unit.

Yes, we are all well aware, as you have stated many times, that Airwatts is the best way to compare vac performance, but that does not warrant being a spec Nazi to all the seasoned porty deplorables that would like to independently chew on the cfm/lift specs for themselves.

Seems to be a old common practice to bury low cfm specs on machines with the vacs configured in series.

Reactions: SCC

rick imby

Name
Rick
It appears that Larry has been Colluding with Mytee... Did they really affect(oops effect) the deflection? Will Larry ever stop Tweeting about Air Watts and answer the question? It is OK the NSA recorded all the conversations between Larry and Mytee and the conversations have been leaked... Larry please put your mask back on...

rick imby

Name
Rick
@Goomer the vacs are High CFM low lift units. The other advantage to Series is only one pipe taking up space in the waste tank.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
@Goomer the vacs are High CFM low lift units. The other advantage to Series is only one pipe taking up space in the waste tank.
Now I know why I built my own. If the pro's don't know how to do it, we are all in serious doo doo. Rick, parallel doesn't have to mean dual pipes. My parallel setup only uses one. Larry's setup isn't bad for series but loses suction and airflow due to the connecting hoses to the vac motors and waste tank. Whether series or parallel, put the motors on a permanent manifold and ditch the hoses. You will have better performance and it will take up less space

SCC

Name
Steve Baker
A series set heats up the rear vac motor a lot and doesn't perform that great past 50 feet. I would prefer two 8.4's in parallel. Hot temps cause hot wires and melted switches. If I'm only using 50 foot or less I'm not understanding the need for the 8.4's. I think a single 8.4 with a pump out would be a better option than the dual vac model if you are using 50 feet or under vac hose. If you are looking at hookups past 100 go with a parallel set up.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Yes, we are all well aware, as you have stated many times, that Airwatts is the best way to compare vac performance, but that does not warrant being a spec Nazi to all the seasoned porty deplorables that would like to independently chew on the cfm/lift specs for themselves.

Seems to be a old common practice to bury low cfm specs on machines with the vacs configured in series.

These are definitely high CFM vac motors (from specs=166 CFM open; & 176" of lift-
measured)

The efficiency of these vac motors is so high that they run cooler & will last longer because of low temps.

The testing I have done shows excellent results for cleaning @ 25 ft.; or water extraction with 100 ft. of 2" hose.

AirWatts on this new motor is higher than two-stage 8.4" Ametek vac motor (over 700).

That high number is what is driving the higher performance.

Last edited:

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
These are definitely high CFM vac motors (from specs 166 CFM; & 176" of lift measured)

The efficiency of these vac motors is so high that they run cooler & will last longer because of low temps.

The testing I have done shows excellent results for cleaning @ 25 ft.; or water extraction with 100 ft. of 2" hose.

AirWatts on this new motor is higher than two-stage 8.4" Ametek vac motor.
That is what is driving the higher performance.
Larry, some free advice. If those motors are that powerful, put them in parallel. Mount them on a manifold, 2-2 inch holes, mount the manifold to the bottom of the waste tank with a single 2 inch standpipe. You will be blown away or maybe sucked into the machine. I did it, it works. I am only using 13.5 amp 5.7 motors and can run 150 ft hose lengths. Imagine what you can do.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
The current Mytee speedster has two hi-perf 13.5amp 3-stage vacs mounted in parallel directly to the recovery tank bottom (no plumbing).

Very good performance.

This new machine beat it by 22% more lift @ wand when actually cleaning carpet.

Last edited:

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
The current Mytee speedster has two hi-perf 13.5amp 3-stage vacs mounted in parallel directly to the recovery tank bottom (no plumbing).

Very good performance.

This new machine beat it by 22% more lift @ wand when actually cleaning carpet.
The lift doesn't matter after you get to a certain point. The airflow is what will keep the lift effective over a longer length or using a bigger hose.

Reactions: vibra-vacster

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
Larry, invent an inline dry filter to use for vacuuming. For that matter, why would a devastator not work? Run the rotovac over everything dry, swap out the bag for a filter and storm on!

Imagine a Mikeysboard where nobody argued over vacuums...

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Larry, invent an inline dry filter to use for vacuuming. For that matter, why would a devastator not work? Run the rotovac over everything dry, swap out the bag for a filter and storm on!

Imagine a Mikeysboard where nobody argued over vacuums...

We built a dual cylindrical brush machine with 1/2 HP AC motor, and a vacuum inlet to hook up to TM.

It did a great job, but customers preferred the lighter Whittaker machines of the time.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
On the vac efficiency question . . .
Electric HP to Vacuum HP:

Early 2-stage 5.7" vac motors were ~27% efficient
Early 2-stage 7.2' vac motors were ~29% efficient
Early 3-stage 5.7" vac motors were ~31% efficient
Late 3-stage 5.7" vac motors were ~33% efficient
Early 6.6" vac motors were ~37% efficient
First 8.4" vac motors were ~43% efficient
New 2017 AirWatt vac motors are 46% efficient (used in new Breeze)

That is a 70% improvement in efficiency from early 2 stage vacs !

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom