New Hi-AirWatt Portable Arrives

kevinj6121

Name
kevin
Then my next question would be about the pump and motor combo they are using on their 500psi versions.

2" stacks and 2" hose barb?

Looks like barb is 1.5".

Lime greens gotta go.

They also need to publish their parts diagrams.
Not sure on the stacks and hose barb but it is available with a cat pump and looks just like the one in the LTD5.
If hose bard is not 1.5 thats an easy fix, not sure on the stacks, you'd have to call them on that

kevinj6121

Name
kevin
If you go to the website and click on the 1st mosquito it will take you to another page from the you can click on where it says optional upgrade pump
then on next page click on where it says also avail 500psi

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
are you on the cobb website

I see it now, I was checking the Skeeter site itself.

Problem is the link states a 1/2 hp 500psi motor, but directs to a 1/3hp 300 psi cat pump.

Maybe Larry can clarify.

Would be a shame not to go with a full 1/2 hp motor driving a 500 psi pump at 1.5+ gpm flow and take full advantage of that much vac power.

kevinj6121

Name
kevin
I see it now, I was checking the Skeeter site itself.

Problem is the link states a 1/2 hp 500psi motor, but directs to a 1/3hp 300 psi cat pump.

Maybe Larry can clarify.

Would be a shame not to go with a full 1/2 hp motor driving a 500 psi pump at 1.5+ gpm flow and take full advantage of that much vac power.
I'm sure larry could claify that maybe its a mistake on the website he is not aware of, but i agree with your previous comment, That lime green has got to go, maybe their fooking color blind

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
LOL, I know not a good place for it right

I tried modifying them.

I was going to run one out each side above each wheel, which would clear them from going under the wheels when moving the machine back, which is their second problem.

I found there was enough slack inside if you cut the zippys to pull them out another foot and run each one over one of the vac exhausts.

Not an ideal solution, but avoided making holes for the moment.

I might mount a small hook closer to the each wheel so the extension cords can then be better secured towards each side and out of the way.

Might be easier than drilling holes and completely rewiring the leads.

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
On my vapor steamer, the Italians routed the two cords precisely where they would be smeared off when lowering down stone or brick steps.

Always, they design Ferraris when you need a pickup.

I used a step drill and rubber grommets to make a workmanlike change. One thing I recommend: use a couple of zip ties inside the casing to bind your power cords together. That makes an effective strain relief, preventing the cords from being tugged out of the grommet or straining the internal connections.

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
On my vapor steamer, the Italians routed the two cords precisely where they would be smeared off when lowering down stone or brick steps.

Always, they design Ferraris when you need a pickup.

I used a step drill and rubber grommets to make a workmanlike change. One thing I recommend: use a couple of zip ties inside the casing to bind your power cords together. That makes an effective strain relief, preventing the cords from being tugged out of the grommet or straining the internal connections.

My unit came with the leads anchored to the body with zipties, and had to re-position new ties after I let some of the available slack out.

Securing them is definitely a must.

Where exactly did you route them?

One out each side?

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
No, I routed them out the back because they are somewhat protected by the handle. But I put them high enough that there is no chance of accidental contact with steps. It looks perfectly normal. I also inserted rubber plugs in the old holes just to avoid that trailer park look.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Interesting.

First problem I see is that they are NOT offering a dual 6.6, NON-heated, 0-500 psi version.

They offer both a 300PSI DC motor pump system & a 500 PSI AC motor pump system.

The dual stacks on the Mosquito are 2". http://www.cobbcarpet.com/zen/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=85&products_id=5363

However, the dual 6.6" vacs mounted directly to the recovery tank . . .

are not as powerful as the new 700 AirWatt series Vacs on the Breeze machine.

Last edited:

kevinj6121

Name
kevin
They offer both a 300PSI DC motor pump system & a 500 PSI AC motor pump system.

The dual stacks on the Mosquito are 2". http://www.cobbcarpet.com/zen/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=85&products_id=5363

However, the dual 6.6" vacs mounted directly to the recovery tank . . .

are not as powerful as the new 700 AirWatt series Vacs on the Breeze machine.

Although as you say the breeze is a little more powerful it is a series vac motor configuration and i prefer the parallel configuration as I like my LTD5 machine which is set up that way. Also the breeze has smaller a recovery tank and no auto fill and dump. How much better performance does that mosquito dual 6.6 have compared to the LTD5

kevinj6121

Name
kevin
Oh and I forgot to mention the color "Lime Green" whats up with that, a couple of years ago May 2015 to be exact I was looking to retire my Mytee M5 and was considering that machine but that lime green held me back and I went with the LTD5 instead which I still have and like

But I am getting the itch again to upgrade. I've looked at the cross american jag with the dual 8.4's but do not at all even like the look of that thing and no way for $3700 either,

I would go with the nautilus extreme with the dual 8.4's over the jag but don't like that it has only one vac stack instead of two in the waste tank and the motors are not belly mounted directly to the waste tank.

Only other machine i could find other then the LTD5 which has dual vac motors connected directly to the waste tank is your mosquito, but its performance over the ltd5 must be some what significantly better....Maybe the color will grow on me, lol

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Only other machine i could find other then the LTD5 which has dual vac motors connected directly to the waste tank is your mosquito, but its performance over the ltd5 must be some what significantly better....Maybe the color will grow on me, lol

The Mosquito 6.6" vac motors are 650 AirWatts each.

The Mytee 5.7" 3-stage vac motors are 520 AirWatts each.

The Mosquito recovered 90% of the water we extracted on some test carpet.
Your techs won't forget the lime green machine.

P. S. The Breeze AirWatt vac motors are ~720 AirWatts each
(more than the 8.4" 2-stage @ 673 AirWatts ).

Last edited:

kevinj6121

Name
kevin
The Mosquito 6.6" vac motors are 650 AirWatts each.

The Mytee 5.7" 3-stage vac motors are 520 AirWatts each.

The Mosquito recovered 90% of the water we extracted on some test carpet.
Your techs won't forget the lime green machine.

P. S. The Breeze AirWatt vac motors are 720 AirWatts each
(more than the 8.4" 2-stage @ 673 AirWatts ).

Per your website on the dual 6.6 mosquito CFM is 270 What is the "Lift"
So it appears the breeze air watts are 720 each
the 8.4's 673
the 6.6's 650
the 5.7's 520
If these breeze motors are so good why not use them motors in parallel in the mosquito or the LTD5
why do they have to be used in series do they have great CFM but poor lift individually but together in series the lift is good

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Lift on the Mosquito 6.6 is ~ 135"

The Breeze AirWatt Vacs were designed by Ametek to perform best in Series with very high CFM . . .

Pump Out & AutoFill are also available.

kevinj6121

Name
kevin
Ok so the mosquito extractor is 270...CFM and 135..lift
the LTD5 is 230...CFM and 144...Lift

Thats only 40 more CFM not a significant difference at all over the LTD5
difference of 144 lift on LTD5 and 135 on the mosquito not a significant difference either i'd call it a wash

Think i may just have to hold out till a machine with the 8.4's mounted directly to the bottom of the waste tank each having their own
stack pipe (if thats what you call them) is available then it would be more worth it to get something new

kevinj6121

Name
kevin
I also once considered that goliath machine with the four 6.6 vac motors but it has no solution tank.

Make me a machine with two 8.4 vac motors mounted directly to the bottom of the waste tank each having their own
stack pipe (if thats what you call them) with auto fill and auto dump, 15 gallon solution and waste tanks, 500 psi pump and plumb it all 2inch and i'd buy it as will many others i believe. Should be able to do that on two cords.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
The new Bre
Make me a machine with two 8.4 vac motors mounted directly to the bottom of the waste tank each having their own
stack pipe (if thats what you call them) with auto fill and auto dump, 15 gallon solution and waste tanks, 500 psi pump and plumb it all 2inch and i'd buy it as will many others i believe. Should be able to do that on two cords.

The new vacs on the Breeze will outperform the extractor you are describing.

I have tested dual 8.4" vacs in an extractor over a year ago, and still have all the test data.

Every hi-perf. extractor we buy in the near future will have these new Airwatt vacs like in the new Breeze.

Last edited:

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
I am using the Infinitek vac motors from Lamb Electric and find them capable of 200' with no perceivable vacuum loss at the wand. They are rated for over 1500 hours.

I started with these vacuum motors over 12 years ago and thought there was as problem with the motors over-heating, so I had to switch to the 7.2 -117500-13 vac motors.

Turns out the problem with the Infiniteks overheating was that they were being starved for amps because of an imported fuse holder in the line that over-heated, not the vac motor, but starving the vac motor for amps caused them to shut down in the middle of a job. Then you had to wait for them to cool, which was NOT cool!

A stinkin' fuse holder!

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
The #117500 vacs were good at the time, with 530 AirWatts.

The brand new AirWatt vacs are 720 AirWatts . . .

36% more air power @ less current

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
The #117500 vacs were good at the time, with 530 AirWatts.

The brand new AirWatt vacs are 720 AirWatts . . .

36% more air power @ less current
Can we actually say how many inches of lift and CFM we need to properly extract moisture from the carpet?

I've never seen any scientific study done on this.

As carpet cleaners it seems we always just want more not knowing how much is the point of diminishing returns.

Reactions: vibra-vacster

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I also once considered that goliath machine with the four 6.6 vac motors but it has no solution tank.

You dont need dual stacks. I run a manifold utilizing 1 -2 inch stack and it will suck your socks off. 2 inches will handle all the airflow you can throw at it and will increase the auction slightly reducing the amperage needed.

Reactions: vibra-vacster

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom