New Hi-AirWatt Portable Arrives

Ed Valentine

Name
Ed Valentine
After reading the over-view analysis of the featured vacuum motor, in my experience in manufacturing, I feel compelled to point out a few key aspects which would be tied to and seriously considered whenever selecting a particular motor and its' "performance".

1. Any extractor is more than the sum of its' components, period. (I believe long ago, this was a patented phrase of the honorable Lee Stockwell)

2. Another big "variable": The above spec's, etc...does not incorporate another key aspect called: "design", ( most commonly over-looked in this industry). This is why one race car may over take another because of its unique incorporated design, rather than the power of the motor-----and performance ---(side note: 2 different aspects here, btw).

3. Example: A 200 hp engine on a tractor is much different than a 200 hp engine in an automobile. Again, both were designed for a much different purpose and performance, and so is the design of that engine too.

4. When "comparing" air watts over another vacuum motor, we must be careful and consider: Sealed bearings; position of the bearing to alleviate the effects or contact of water ingress; internal fan blade design; rpm's; amp. draw; life of motor (brushes,etc) which all relates to a much greater value to the operator.

Hopefully this information will help some when deciding what would be their best buy and value.

Reactions: vibra-vacster

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
Larry is just talking about mechanical effeciency of the motor.. 70% is real good if thats the output.

Reactions: Ed Valentine

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
@Goomer the vacs are High CFM low lift units. The other advantage to Series is only one pipe taking up space in the waste tank.

I don't see that as an advantage.

That high CFM does not translate to high total CFM when in series.

What is the UNIT CFM/LIFT in series vs parallel.

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
Larry, some free advice. If those motors are that powerful, put them in parallel. Mount them on a manifold, 2-2 inch holes, mount the manifold to the bottom of the waste tank with a single 2 inch standpipe. You will be blown away or maybe sucked into the machine. I did it, it works. I am only using 13.5 amp 5.7 motors and can run 150 ft hose lengths. Imagine what you can do.

The current Mytee speedster has two hi-perf 13.5amp 3-stage vacs mounted in parallel directly to the recovery tank bottom (no plumbing).

Very good performance.

This new machine beat it by 22% more lift @ wand when actually cleaning carpet.

Both of these points are exactly why I am saying, and have been saying for a long time, that someone should make and adapter to fit twin 6.6 motors on a Speedster or LTD.

These units are the perfect platform.

8.4's are likely too large to fit, but there should be enough room for twin 6.6's.

mytee-vac-motors.jpg

Simple base plate with gaskets/mount on each side, fastened to machine using existing 5.7 bolt pattern, and secondary 6.6 bolt pattern to fasten 6.6's down.

With the popularity of Speedsters and LTD's out there, an adapter for 6.6's would be a VERY popular item that should be easy to Cobble together.

Machine would be a beast.

Do I have to make them myself?

Last edited:

Able 1

Name
Keith
We are going to have one of these at MF, right? I need a porty, it is a VERY unfortunate thing..

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Both of these points are exactly why I am saying, and have been saying for a long time, that someone should make and adapter to fit twin 6.6 motors on a Speedster or LTD.

These units are the perfect platform.

Simple base plate with gaskets/mount on each side, fastened to machine using existing 5.7 bolt pattern, and secondary 6.6 bolt pattern to fasten 6.6's down.

With the popularity of Speedsters and LTD's out there, an adapter for 6.6's would be a VERY popular item that should be easy to Cobble together.

Machine would be a beast.

Do I have to make them myself?

John is working on that idea,

as well as Flood Hog with the new vacs.

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
John is working on that idea,

as well as Flood Hog with the new vacs.

That's nice to hear.

What is the amp draw range on the newer 6.6's?

I think the 6.6"s will eventually surpass 5.7's as the new high performance standard, now that their efficiency has improved.

I will waive my claim to any future royalties, and refrain from any..........um.........most "I told you so's" once I receive my complimentary mod kit.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
From measurements I have taken,

the amp draw of these new AirWatt vacs,

will be lower than the hi-perf 3 stage 5.7" vacs,

due to their higher efficiency.

And the lifetime of these vacs is rated @ 1500 hours,

at least double the life of previous 5.7" vacs.

Last edited:

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
From measurements I have taken,

the amp draw of these new AirWatt vacs,

will be lower than the hi-perf 3 stage 5.7" vacs,

due to their higher efficiency.

And the lifetime of these vacs is rated @ 1500 hours,

at least double the life of previous 5.7" vacs.

I didn't think it would actually be lower than 5.7's

Higher performance, lower amp draw, and twice the life.......must be a hell of an efficient motor.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
I didn't think it would actually be lower than 5.7's

Higher performance, lower amp draw, and twice the life.......must be a hell of an efficient motor.

The vacuum system is where the efficiency gains are apparent.

Tapered fans, a larger diameter, and airflow improvements.

Efficiencies I quoted above are from electrical HP to AirWatt HP.

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
Well if someone comes out with something that allows me to put two 6.6 vac mtrs in my LTD5 i'd be all in on that, get it done

Of course you would.

It's an ideal upgrade for anyone running a newer design Mytee with the belly-mounted vacs.

This is only possible because of their new belly-mounted vac design, which I think was a brilliant improvement on design for many reasons.

It is going to be hard for any other manufacturer to compete with them unless they commit to their own bell-mount vac design.

I consider it to be a monumental improvement on porty design that other manufacturers will be soon to adapt.

Offering twin 6.6's on new machines straight from the factory is going to be a big hit for Mytee.

BIG hit.

I guarantee it.

kevinj6121

Name
kevin
Of course you would.

It's an ideal upgrade for anyone running a newer design Mytee with the belly-mounted vacs.

This is only possible because of their new belly-mounted vac design, which I think was a brilliant improvement on design for many reasons.

It is going to be hard for any other manufacturer to compete with them unless they commit to their own bell-mount vac design.

I consider it to be a monumental improvement on porty design that other manufacturers will be soon to adapt.

Offering twin 6.6's on new machines straight from the factory is going to be a big hit for Mytee.

BIG hit.

I guarantee it.

I agree it would be a big hit, but did you know that at cobbcarpet.com they have the Mosquito Extractor that has the dual 2 stage 6.6 vac motors belly mounted just like the Mytee ltd5. I was considering that machine awhile back, had them take pics of the inside and send them to me, i still have them in my phone if you want to see them

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
27.5 feet

Earth shattering performance. Twice as good as the Rug Doctor rental.

Did I mention 2.5 feet more is now achievable with this new fangled technology? 2.5 FEET MORE! :winky:

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
I agree it would be a big hit, but did you know that at cobbcarpet.com they have the Mosquito Extractor that has the dual 2 stage 6.6 vac motors belly mounted just like the Mytee ltd5. I was considering that machine awhile back, had them take pics of the inside and send them to me, i still have them in my phone if you want to see them

Yea, I'd like to check the pics out.

I can't find too much info on them, and none to support that the vacs are belly mounted in parallel, with twin stacks.

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
Interesting.

First problem I see is that they are NOT offering a dual 6.6, NON-heated, 0-500 psi version.

Foolish mistake.

kevinj6121

Name
kevin
if you go to their website, click on the 1st mosquito then there you will see you can upgrade pump, put your mouse arrow on pump upgrade

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
They do offer it non heated and you can upgrade to 500 psi pump

Then my next question would be about the pump and motor combo they are using on their 500psi versions.

2" stacks and 2" hose barb?

Looks like barb is 1.5".

Lime greens gotta go.

They also need to publish their parts diagrams.

Back
Top Bottom