New Hi-AirWatt Portable Arrives

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
They were both 1/3 HP motors. The new one is more reliable.

If someone was interested in a new 1005DX with that new 400 psi 1/3hp motor instead of the big heavy 1/2 hp Marathon, would you be able to accommodate the request and cobble one out?

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
Ok so the mosquito extractor is 270...CFM and 135..lift
the LTD5 is 230...CFM and 144...Lift

Thats only 40 more CFM not a significant difference at all over the LTD5
difference of 144 lift on LTD5 and 135 on the mosquito not a significant difference either i'd call it a wash

Think i may just have to hold out till a machine with the 8.4's mounted directly to the bottom of the waste tank each having their own
stack pipe (if thats what you call them) is available then it would be more worth it to get something new

These are definitely high CFM vac motors (from specs=166 CFM open; & 176" of lift-
measured)

Kevin, you should just hold out until Mytee introduces an adapter for the new 6.6's.

Total CFM in parallel would be 332, and 176" lift.

It would be an animal of a machine.

I am not sure of calculating lift in series, but in series, CFM would remain 166, with ? lift.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
If someone was interested in a new 1005DX with that new 400 psi 1/3hp motor instead of the big heavy 1/2 hp Marathon, would you be able to accommodate the request and cobble one out?

Sure, we have used both of these configurations successfully.

The 1/2 HP motor has a big advantage in being able to do Grout & Tile work

with a Turbo Hybrid @ 1.5 GPM.

We think Hi-Airwatt extractors able to do carpet or Tile/Grout @ 500 to 700 spraying are the machine of the future.

Reactions: vibra-vacster

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
Sure, we have used both of these configurations successfully.

The 1/2 HP motor has a big advantage in being able to do Grout & Tile work

with a Turbo Hybrid @ 1.5 GPM.

We think Hi-Airwatt extractors able to do carpet or Tile/Grout @ 500 to 700 spraying are the machine of the future.

Still right on the cusp of what would be considered minimum effective psi for t/g I would think.

Hopefully a lot closer to 700psi than to 500.

kevinj6121

Name
kevin
Kevin, you should just hold out until Mytee introduces an adapter for the new 6.6's.

Total CFM in parallel would be 332, and 176" lift.

It would be an animal of a machine.

I am not sure of calculating lift in series, but in series, CFM would remain 166, with ? lift.

Well if the CFM would be 332 and lift 176 i'd agree that would be awesome , but according to larry on that mosquito machine with the duel 6.6 mtrs duel stack parallel the CFM is 270 and lift 135 how did you come up with your numbers

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
Well if the CFM would be 332 and lift 176 i'd agree that would be awesome , but according to larry on that mosquito machine with the duel 6.6 mtrs duel stack parallel the CFM is 270 and lift 135 how did you come up with your numbers

Skeeter is not using the same 6.6"s that Larry has formulated I believe.
However, the dual 6.6" vacs mounted directly to the recovery tank . . .

are not as powerful as the new 700 AirWatt series Vacs on the Breeze machine.

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
Larry, can you clarify this........

As far as I understand it, when calculating the total cfm and lift of two vacs in parallel, the total cfm of both vacs is added to each other, and the lift total is equal to the value of one vac.

When in series, the cfm total of the two vacs is equal to the cfm of one individual vac, and not a cumulative total as in parallel.

So when in series, how is total lift calculated?

kevinj6121

Name
kevin
Larry, can you clarify this........

As far as I understand it, when calculating the total cfm and lift of two vacs in parallel, the total cfm of both vacs is added to each other, and the lift total is equal to the value of one vac.

When in series, the cfm total of the two vacs is equal to the cfm of one individual vac, and not a cumulative total as in parallel.

So when in series, how is total lift calculated?

So when in series, how is total lift calculated? I'd like to know the answer to this as well

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
In discussions with the two major vac motor manufacturers,

the only accurate method is actual lab testing.

With older vac motors,

a rule of thumb was series vacs added about 60% lift, and parallel added about 5-10% CFM.

More modern tapered fan vac motors have improved the numbers slightly.

Of course, in a extractor, electrical voltage, plumbing & vac hose (CFM) detract from those numbers.

Last edited:

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
In discussions with the two major vac motor manufacturers, the only accurate method is actual lab testing.
With older vac motors,
a rule of thumb was series vacs added about 60% lift, and parallel added about 5-10% CFM.

These are definitely high CFM vac motors (from specs=166 CFM open; & 176" of lift-
measured)

So based on this info, this unit that is using your "proprietary" 6.6" motors in series is achieving appx 170CFM, and appx 280" (176+96) of lift?

Not too shabby.

If someone was to sacrilegiously use these proprietary 6.6" motors of yours in a parallel configuration against your wishes, they would achieve appx 330 cfm, and lift would remain 176.

So you believe that an additional 96" of lift is more of a benefit that an additional 166cfm in this example.

170 cfm 280" lift in series
vs
330 cfm 176" lift in parallel

Your going to have a hard time selling anything other than those sweet parallel specs.

Reactions: Cleanworks

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Total lift with 2 of these vacs is 170" .

I'm guessing they are 110" of lift each.

So the Series spec is ~ 180 CFM with 170" of lift

vs

Parallel 340 CFM with 110" of lift.

The key is that the lift and CFM drop less with these AirWatt vacs than other 6.6" & 5.7" vac arrangements I have tested.

Most of the customers testing the new Breeze state that it feels like a entry-level TM.

I do have a manifold that will series mount 2 of the new vacs with no connecting hose:
Manifold6-6Vacs.JPG

Last edited:

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
Total lift with 2 of these vacs is 170" .

I'm guessing they are 110" of lift each.

So the Series spec is ~ 180 CFM with 170" of lift

vs

Parallel 340 CFM with 110" of lift.

The key is that the lift and CFM drop less with these AirWatt vacs than other 6.6" & 5.7" vac arrangements I have tested.

Most of the customers testing the new Breeze state that it feels like a entry-level TM.

I do have a manifold that will series mount 2 of the new vacs with no connecting hose:
View attachment 73989

So series adds appx 60% lift and no additional cfm......

...and parallel will double the cfm, but no additional lift?

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Spewing out stats is all BS. Kind of like all of those VLMers defending their method. It seems like all the porty guys really over think this. I've seen all of the videos of porty guys running multiple cords adding this doo dad and running this cord over there bla bla bla. And unless you are cleaning high rises all day and that is the only way then your mind is warped for thinking any portable is better than an entry level TM.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Jimmy;

I never said it was equal to an entry-level TM.

Good TM's have heat !

The vacuum level at the end of the hose is what i was comparing too.

Portable with 25 ft. of 2" hose . . .

TM with 100 ft of 2" hose . . .

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
I have a old castex walkbehind with a single 3 stage and I'd like to at least toy with it and upgrade the vac motor. What do you recommend and how much?

Name
Matt Ross
Here's a new idea to include on portables: a tiny float in the fresh water tank so it shuts off instead of pumping itself dry. The 2lbs of float would be well worth it. I hate it when I run it out of water. It's hard on the pump and wastes time re priming.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Here's a new idea to include on portables: a tiny float in the fresh water tank so it shuts off instead of pumping itself dry. The 2lbs of float would be well worth it. I hate it when I run it out of water. It's hard on the pump and wastes time re priming.
Can't you hook up a water hose? If not, I'd invest in a setup where you could

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I actually agree with this, but it feels comforting to make excuses. So nyah.
IF it were true Stephen there are still so many factors that make a portable a poor comparison to a TM, even an entry level one.

Setup time:Finding sufficient outlets to run the power required takes time to make sure you are on separate circuits.

Professionalism: Do you think this is really what the client thought the process was going to look like when they called to have their carpet cleaned? Black spaghetti?

Dry Time: Added humidity to the indoor environment via the exhaust from the vac blowers hinders the drying time.

Contaminating the Indoor Environment: Any urine, animal, vomit or other nasty containment is going to be redistributed back into the home only first heated up and then spread back into the home.

Cleaning Time: The ole Bucket Brigade is slow and inefficient. You're eating up the clients time when the TM cleaner would already be down the road

Slow Production:
Because of all the above it actually affects your pocket by limiting your per hour production. Portables aren't actually cheaper, they cost you more money!

The only factor that gives the purchase of a portable the upper hand is purchase price. :errf:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom