PMF Mach12 Titanium wand loaner program

Mikey P

Administrator
Glide update.

PMF has discontinued their two piece glides due to very high manufacturing costs.

the Mach 12 and 15 will have a press fit round glides. Which according to my pal there, will not leak or shift side to side.

Reactions: CanadianRuss

Dan

Supportive Member
Name
Dan
Glide update.

PMF has discontinued their two piece glides due to very high manufacturing costs.

the Mach 12 and 15 will have a press fit round glides. Which according to my pal there, will not leak or shift side to side.

So they build something and promote how great the two piece design is and easy to change then they want to save 12.00 dollars. Dumb move PMF.

D Luke

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
Glide update.

Any idea if it has to have perpendicular support ribs like GG now?

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
no, one went out with the two piece flat glide, not sure about the one headed to Pemberton

I haven't seen it yet. My guess it will show up for testing when I'm having "Saiger weather" here and I'll be eating all of my happy talk about how much I love the winter while I drag hoses through ice and snow to actually have to clean carpet instead of just teaching it and talking about it.
:biggrin:

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Dang ... Jim sure is pissy today.

OK, here's the story Marty:

Over 40 years ago I was hauling urine soaked oriental rugs out of houses to our plant, cleaning carpet with a noisy, smoke belching, Prochem 400, and dry cleaning upholstery with 1,1,1, thrichloroethane. In the midst of deciding which stink bothered me the most in any given day, I made myself a solemn vow:

"When I get out of school, I'll never clean carpet or upholstery for a living again, and never be any part of the cleaning business"

I only kept 1/2 of that promise, and on those days I have to go back on even that one, I remember not only how hard it was then, but how hard it is for all of you who do this day in day out, even with glides, rotary extractors, Zippers, etc.

You all have my deepest respect for how hard you work, especially those of you on my side of 50.

So if this new wand makes it easier for me, it surely should for those of you that really have to work hard at it day in and day out, not someone like me who only cleans for friends, family, and my rental properties.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Will quit screwing around with it and get out to us where we can decide if it's any count.

Once I get it, I will.

Seriously Marty (and others), even though you'll be getting it to use yourself, what do you want me to look for in its use?

I know overspray is an issue you and I have discussed.

Other thoughts?

D Luke

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
Are the jets so close to the carpet that streaking occurs?
Does the barrel cause the two inside jets to clean unevenly in the center?

Have you looked at any pictures of the totally adjustable manifold? Neither concern should be an issue.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
How low does the pressure have to go before it will dry a carpet in 3 hours or under?

This time of year in our climate that won't be hard to do at the usual pressure I use (400 PSI) with my SS 570. I usually have a couple of airpaths following me from room to room. That's not a good duplicate of Alabama humidity in the summertime. The use of a 1.5" whip hose will be new to the equation though.

Are the jets so close to the carpet that streaking occurs?
Does the barrel cause the two inside jets to clean unevenly in the center?

I'll be cleaning cut pile carpet that tends to show streaking when those issues are present.

Back
Top Bottom