Predict the Zipper Phenomenon..

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
and the sad thing is there is not a huge market of guys that are willing to pay the price for quality tools.
Present company excluded but carpet cleaners are notoriously cheap whether is chems, TM's or tools.

They just don't understand that anything that speeds up production, cleans better and is easier on your body is worth every penny. Dumb fookers! :errf:

TConway

Supportive Member
Name
Thomas Conway
We will be at the show, and we are working hard on the wand, I have went to MY fabricator to help bring up the quality of our wand as much as possible......how much is this going to increase the final cost of it??? Don't know yet, what I can say, it is going to go up, but it is important to me, I would rather invest the money and make it the best I can.
I have come to realize with the Dev, it may cost more for me, but my complaints or problems have went to almost ZERO. That is worth gold to me....it's not perfect and you cant factor in human abuse but having to deal with less problems because it is made better is a better way to go.

Last edited:

hogjowl

Idiot™
OMG you are the dumbest smart man I have ever had the dis-pleasure in knowing! :angry:

Same arms for either tool. :oldrolleyes:

Gawwwwwd! :dejection:

You stand to the side of a wand while using it. You stand at the end of the Zipper with your arms in front of you.

But you know that. I think Olsin has you thinking you can make a run at bulletin board asshole too!

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
The only negative thing I have to say about the Zipper is that it leaves wand marks/nap reversal in the carpet/rug that will have to be groomed out If you are so inclined. When I use the a regular wand I can limit this trait.. The Positives of the Zipper out weighs the negative.

If you can only handle a 1 1/2 inch wand-- then you are not "man enough" for the Zipper :stir:

Papa John

Name
John Stewart
John you don't groom? :dejection:

I don't need to groom carpets when I use a wand, cuz my technique is that Good. Almost No wand marks.
I groom rugs if needed.

I'll admit I cut a few corners on being a Premium Cleaner because I'm trying to keep cost down so that the customer will use us more often. We typically only allow 90 minutes for each home (depending on size)-- so we have to move quickly. I work slower with the Zipper, but the carpets are dryer and cleaner-- no time nor energy left to groom.

And while on the subject-- I don't prevaccum also-- I tell the customer to do this..

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
And while on the subject-- I don't prevaccum also-- I tell the customer to do this..

Always makes me wonder.... How do you guys get away with that? I just wrapped up a job here (two bedrooms and a living room)
Empty. Guy just moved out yesterday and had house cleaners in there that "vacuumed". He wanted to see the price if I don't have to vacuum. I said the price stays the same and vacuuming, we will do, because I can just see that they didn't do it or if they did, it was not done right.

35 minutes and about 2 pounds of sand/dust/dirt/debris later, finally we got to start the truckmount.
Ran the RV XL and did the job but still ended up with another 2 pounds of mud in the inline filter.

So how do you guys do it with no prevacuuming?

There would be a much higher chance of wicking, if there is so much mud in the carpet. What do you tell the customer, when they call back with wicking issues - "sorry, there is wicking because you didn't vacuum enough before we cleaned"??

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Seriously thou Mark what's size zipper in the home do you use 15 inch?

I had a problem with pile distortion what do you do?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
or groom.

I just got back from doing two residential the first was an off white frieze that was supposed to be white. I used the Rotovac XL on it it kicked butt. I also used the long handle 2-jet stair tool Olsen sold me. I like that stair tool, its lighter in weight, longer in length and has 2-jets compared to the old Prochem.

Second job was a water loss mostly Berber we used the 15-inch Zipper on it. It worked great, took the water stain out and left it very dry. Love that tool also! :cool:

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
prevacuum.

is that something you do before you vac??
like sweeping the rug with a corn straw broom before vaccing??

stock-photo-household-corn-or-straw-broom-19695409.jpg

.L.T.A.

Papa John

Name
John Stewart
No I just say shoulda called ZEE! Bioch.

Zee and Richard-- you both correct.. the job will be of better quality if you prevaccum. Many of our clients have maids who vacuum the carpets once or twice a week. In a pinch I will vacuum the carpet with the TM if really bad..
I use to vaccum the carpet with a Dyson back when I was a port hack- and claimed I provided a better cleaning then some TM cleaners-- but I took longer and didn't do many job per day..
Again our prices would have to be higher If we did Vaccum and Saigerize every job--- a service I'm thinking about adding but would only be provided by Me (O/O) and not the chimps-- they just don't have what it takes.
Ok Please let's not derail the orginal post about how great the Zipper is and it's future.

Reactions: Zee

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Seriously thou Mark what's size zipper in the home do you use 15 inch?

I had a problem with pile distortion what do you do?

15 inch Zipper, but I have not seen where the Zipper creates pile distortion really....

I see pile distortion in a lot of carpet, but haven't had an experience where I think the Zipper is causing it.

We run our psi at 500 and also run .02 jets....

I also run our Prochem Titanium's at the same psi and flow (12 flow)

Not sure if that info is helpful.....

Loren Egland

Name
Loren Egland
35 minutes and about 2 pounds of sand/dust/dirt/debris later, finally we got to start the truckmount.
Ran the RV XL and did the job but still ended up with another 2 pounds of mud in the inline filter.
?

It looks to me that the truck mount and Rotovac were able to remove what the vacuum could not. Perhaps spending that 35 additional minutes using the truck mount and Rotovac longer would have removed all 4 pounds and more since from this experience the vacuuming is clearly proven inferior By the fact that it left behind 2 pounds worth of dry particular soil that was easily removed with the TM and RV.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
I see what you are saying....but running a vacuum is still cheaper than running the truckmount for a longer period on the same job and not to mention the carpet will get more moisture possibly a lot longer dry times.
And don't overlook the fact that the vacuum removes 2 pounds of dry stuff and what I figure to be about 2 pounds of WET mud in the inline filter is just that: wet. So its heavy because of the moisture and the vacuuming wasn't wasted or inferior.

So why not run a cheap vacuum cleaner instead of the expensive truckmount to achieve the same results?

Reactions: SamIam

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I clean a very dense, very plush with our 15-Zipper. When triggered you could see what look like the jet pattern .I was concerned it was going to have a corn row look but on the vacuum pass it looked fine.

Reactions: Mark Saiger

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom