Questions for you portable gurus..

Willy P

Name
Willy P
3 cords with the powerflite - came with 2 but the amp draw was around 25 so I split the heater off on its own cord, 4 with the Warrior as it has no internal heat so I put a heatrite 2 in line. Both have two 3 stage vacuum motors. You get to be an expert on how a place is wired .:biggrin: I like heat as it seems to enhance the end product . I've replaced the standard 190 thermostats with 240's.Did the video of my son cleaning work?

(I'll tell you more if you can find me a CCM Charger 3 speed stick- prefer the Bendix, but sturmey archer will do:winky:)

Last edited:
Reactions: SCC and Desk Jockey

dwellpro

Supportive Member
Name
m
Questions about adding heat and RE's to porty's make my foam at the mouth, so here we go......................

Larger commercial work is the only situation where I have pondered the addition of a RE due the accessibility of additional amps, easier water management, and additional space to setup and maneuver.

Residentially, I fail to see the logic and benefit of tethering an additional amp-consuming contraption to setup that already pushes the limits of available power, further limits mobility, and most likely increases water consumption, making auto-fill/apo practically a necessity under most situations.

I know there are guys that use them with success, but the uniqueness of my urban market is not favorable to attempting such an endeavor.

My operation mainly consists of REMOTE porty work in the purest sense, which limits me somewhat in regards to what equipment I can efficiently transport and utilize.

This leaves my to rely on my primary, bread n butta cleaning "formula", which is my chems, agitation, flow and suck.

Simply put, residentially, the additional power requirements of any heating element limit the available juice for my flow and suck, and don't produce enough heat to warrant their use, especially under constant flow.

I relation to portable work, I am not a fan of..........

*APO .......due to it's hindrance of mobility, and the void of efficient, user friendly waste filtration mechanisms available, other than a stockings/knee-highs or a full size in-line filter.

*Heat.....Not enough ROI, and not worth limiting your mobility and limiting the BASIC cleaning mechanisms of flow and recovery.

RE's.......Why torture yourself???

Why increase your consumption of an already limited water accessibility, and limit your CORE cleaning mechanism of flow and recovery by trying to make a porty into something it is not?

The only way to stop this insanity, is to accept a porty for what it is, work within it's limitations and incorporate the joyous benefits of the miraculous process of AGITATION.

I find it so much easier to stay mobile and compact, and just nuke, scrub, and settle into wanding efficiently under a good flow and a good stiff suck, than to over-complicate things and fool myself into believing it is better.

I was in the same boat and faced the same conundrum until I discovered my precious little Oreck.

Only with an Orbiter is the addition of agitation on a smaller scale so quick and efficient.

It's so easy to whip out an Orbiter and effectively scrub an area, that I find it silly to instead try to add heat, or anything else to a porty, that doesn't even come close to delivering a benefit equal to the benefit of agitation.

It's a no-brainer.

A porty and an Oreck is a match made in heaven.

Buy the Oreck FIRST, and only then go off to drivel over some 1500 watt weinie heater.

Not sure this answers your question, but I had to get it out.

Mikey, get a fooking Oreck will ya??

You should talk to Deron................if that tells you anything.........

There is no problem with these situations when using a Dwell1.

dwellpro

Supportive Member
Name
m
Only if you're, um, "electrically challenged" or just plain stoopid- because I'm so smart, I got it all!
No heat needed at this house and most all houses visited. 3-5 per day. 85' hose. Quick set up! Low cost. Why spend so much on a truck mount that pollutes the World & breaks down? The Dwell1 machine never breaks down and is environmentally friendly. Meaning you can beat the Hell out of it with -0- issues while saving the Earth? Heat? This house was running at 140° at the roto. Plenty of heat...
I know, you truckmount guys want 210°. I clean wonderfully and efficient with Dwell Pro machines. Have for 7 years.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

dwellpro

Supportive Member
Name
m
Heat is the most overrated aspect of carpet cleaning and the reason for millions of dollars of wasted money by manufacturers and cleaners, and at the end of the day, the consumer buying our product. A rotary extractor matched with a porty will beat a TM with a wand every day of the week all over the country every single time (all right the last claim is bluster but WTH).
I never add heat and I clean restaurants with the Dwell1. Greasy carpets in Restaurants...

Reactions: Art Kelley

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Plastic rotomold is for Pussy's
Well saying shit like that shows what an f'n jerk you are. You may want to learn some social skills and diplomacy because I was interested but now my suggestion is to put the dp on a ramp and stuff it up your exhaust port. Insulting prospective customers will not grow your business.Oh, and btw, very few places have 20 amp circuits.
But thanks for exposing yourself.You're not someone I would do business with.
How's that for a rotomolded pussy?

Last edited:
Reactions: SCC

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Willy, you also should learn that this place is a bit like a bar....where guys say sheeeet just to be heard and guys jokingly tease each other's pants off and remain straight.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Willy, you also should learn that this place is a bit like a bar....where guys say sheeeet just to be heard and guys jokingly tease each other's pants off and remain straight.

How many selling stuff here toss out garbage like that while trying to make sales ? That's his loss and by exposing himself as a total asshole it's my gain because I wouldn't buy anything from an arrogant JO that chooses to insult a large group. That's too bad for him as I'm sitting on a nice stack of cash that is going to be used to buy new equipment and I was considering the DP. Now I'm not.

Mikey P

Administrator
Well saying shit like that shows what an f'n jerk you are. You may want to learn some social skills and diplomacy because I was interested but now my suggestion is to put the dp on a ramp and stuff it up your exhaust port. Insulting prospective customers will not grow your business.Oh, and btw, very few places have 20 amp circuits.
But thanks for exposing yourself.You're not someone I would do business with.
How's that for a rotomolded pussy?

Good lord Willy...

Was that your dried up sense of humor in the bottom of that blue bucket?

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
Bathrooms, for one. For a number of years the NEC has required it (my copy of the 2005 version does, I don't have an older copy handy).

steve_64

We are in the process of doing a move in cleanup of a very dirty home that doesnt have a single three plug outlet. I see that and 50 amp service quite a bit around here in the older homes.
In those Its often just 15 amps everywhere.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom