Rotary Extraction shoot out at M9F results.

mahlonzehr

Ya i understand what you are saying. I thought it was so slow that the only time people used it was for the real nasties.

That's basically where I'm at. I started out using the high speed RX on every job for a year or two until I realized that I can clean just as well and a lot faster with a wand. 90% of residential I do with my wand now. Only when I need to do a real nasty one do I pull it out and set it up now.

I am only 27 though. My priorities may change with time.

Reactions: Mardie

Bill Bruders

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Bruders
Bill;

To quote from Reliance Motor white paper (who makes both AC and DC Motors):

Larger frame sizes allow greater torque.

Graph of AC vs. DC Torque:

http://www.plantservices.com/Media/1002/Article_DCMotor1HR.jpg

Larry

Larry
Please trust me on this one, every motor manufacturer out there provides this type of technical hype that doesn't match up with the real world. We buy literally 10's of 1000's of motors each year for Dri-Eaz alone. If we trusted the specs from the various suppliers our performance numbers would be all over the place. Heck look at what some people claim for CFM on air movers. Those numbers come from similar tech publications.
Now I know your a big Mytee guy so it's ok I guess to defend the product but why not sell the other units if you really represent everyone?

Mikey P

Administrator
How much you want to bet that Deron is over weight and knows nothing about how carbon fiber performed when first introduced to the bicycle industry.
Those joints will fail in short time.
They were starting to split on a band new unit for cripes sakes.

Maybe somebody from Mytee can comment on w whether or not the new felt seals were in those units.John supposedly knew it was an issue so I can't imagine he would bring units with a known issue not dealt with.

Name
Jesse
Let me ask those that saw the same flaws, how is it possible a broke dick, no mechanical or electrical back ground dufus like me notices these things but John's engineers and RnD guys didn't?

After meeting John L and demoing the machine I feel that they probably were aware of the flaws but saw them as nbd. The morning of day 1 the trex was showering everywhere it had just cleaned. John said it was recovering that water but his Flir showed different. Then he explained that the jets could be adjusted to stop that...... On day 2 when it was still dripping, I lost faith in that answer and was shocked that nothing was done.

No disrespect to Mytee or John.

Giorgio

Name
Giorgio
how carbon fiber performed when first introduced to the bicycle industry.

i got a story from 1981 about a bicycle, carbon fiber, a-triple-jump called the Widow Maker, and a broken left arm and collar bone. The last thing i remember was, "Damn! These carbon fiber rims sure flex a-lot".

Also, back in the 80's powr-flyte released a 175rpm floor scrubber with plastic handles. I busted three of them within the first few months. Luckily, they were all covered under manufactures warranty.

Here's what i did with the last plastic handled scrubber i had. The sad part is the motor ran great but every single plastic piece on it was busted in one way or another.

IMAG0144-2.jpg

here's the dozer that ran it over.

IMAG0143-1.jpg

I still love what i see coming from the Mytee camp! Wish i had a few extra bucks right now to purchase the Escape.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
How much you want to bet that Deron is over weight and knows nothing about how carbon fiber performed when first introduced to the bicycle industry.
Those joints will fail in short time.
They were starting to split on a band new unit for cripes sakes.

Maybe somebody from Mytee can comment on w whether or not the new felt seals were in those units.John supposedly knew it was an issue so I can't imagine he would bring units with a known issue not dealt with.

remember what I told you..mark my words.......its falling into place just like I said it would.........

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
And why in the HELL does somebody make PLASTIC handtools and that horrible stupid wand?

Paying the big bucks for PLASTIC tools is just crazy.

F

FB7777

For large commercial stuff, I love the RX20

But for area rugs and residential, I use the 360i quad head, light and fairly durable considering all the plastic

Last edited by a moderator:

pablomoreno

Name
Paul Brown
Well boys, Paul Brown here,

I was hoping to go to Winterfest but had a big commercial job that I couldn't switch the dates on...so I had to make money while you guys just pissed it away.....

I've argued with Deron about the Trex. He's convinced it's the greatest thing since sliced bread and will eat Rx's and everything else for lunch.
I would like to see some standardized testing for comparing the different rotary tools on various carpets. I have a modified Rx that's at least 10 years old and has 5000 plus hours on it. I slotted the Hf heads, ported the hub to give a little more airflow and it's paid for....
I'm interested in trying the Trex but having assembled and sold quite a few carbon bikes through the years I'm not a huge fan of that material when considering longevity.

Would have been fun to go and play with the toys...we could have had Hairy Hides measure the amount of soil taken from each carpet...that wouldn't have taken over three years now would it?

I sold my Fox TM and joined the porty club with my Savage 1 early stainless steel TM. I like it. Bob did a good job on the design. With my vac booster it has over 330 cfm and 16" hg.. And if I want to add one more booster on the front porch ...over 400cfm with the same lift.... It just needs a 20 hp generator to power it....LOL!

Good to see some real life testing happening....

Mikey P

Administrator
Welcome back Paul!
I'll be headed up to point reyes station to do a peddle soon, call me if you're interested in a bit of cross action.

Glad to see your still level headed as allways.

Mikey P

Administrator
What good would that have done Willy?

Like John always does, he makes an item (and thousands of parts) THEN tests it.

The Trex I saw at MF was the same unit we saw back in August.

Why give an opinion or suggestions on something that wont be changed until the shelves are cleared of existing parts?

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Just a question do You think rotary's spin better with a surfactant or pre spray on the carpet or just run them on dry carpet? and if a carpet was cleaned over and over all day by an rx20 could the over wet carpet cause lock down?

To answer my own question the rx20 never had a problem beast.

Because the mytee did spin on the olefin but when they turned it down it looked to slow.

John complained that mike was tipping it to much, but I think Mike was tipping it to get it to move then dropping it and it stalled out, but I didnt grab it and try it myself.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Larry
Now I know your a big Mytee guy so it's ok I guess to defend the product but why not sell the other units if you really represent everyone?

Bill;

We have both your Hoss and a TRex on the showroom floor right now.

I am not pushing one over the other.

I also Talked to Nathan at Mytee today.

They did not adjust the "torque" setting on the speed control at the MF.

Larry

Last edited:

Mikey P

Administrator
John complained that mike was tipping it to much, but I think Mike was tipping it to get it to move then dropping it and it stalled out, but I didnt grab it and try it myself.

I "tipped" or Healed all 4 units to check for flexibility and strength of the motors.

I wonder why Larry wont answer my question. ('s)

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
I spoke with Larry and he believes there is a torque adjustment control somewhere on the esc unit that needs adjustment.

I think that John or nathan may not of known Of the torque adjustment.

Any video of the unit bogging down?

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I spoke with Larry and he believes there is a torque adjustment control somewhere on the esc unit that needs adjustment.

I think that John or nathan may not of known Of the torque adjustment.

Any video of the unit bogging down?

lets pretend I am as stupid as what they think I am............and someone explane to me "torque adjustment "...........everything at some point has torque when you first start it up......and we can look at that cool little chart all day long......so how are you going to set the torque.....to work against something that is locked down on a piece of carpet with out it twisting or putting stress on the machine....maybe.......just maybe.....if we got rid of the torque in the first place....made it a bit more ridged....it would benefit the machine all the way around........

Mikey P

Administrator
If I owned Mytee I would get a unit with the torque cranked up to max and a proper felt seal into the hands of Jim Martin asaf'np to settle this argument once and for all.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
If I owned Mytee I would get a unit with the torque cranked up to max and a proper felt seal into the hands of Jim Martin asaf'np to settle this argument once and for all.

I really like John.........and would be more then happy to help the man out......

Dan

Supportive Member
Name
Dan
John is a great guy but he should of really put more into making sure he sent out a great product to MF. I dont think this was meant to be a slamfest on Mighty but im sure John is feeling it and hopefully turns this into a positive.

I have not seen or even played with the machine in my life but I too understand torque. If you put big tires on a truck it takes more torque to get them going. If you have aggressive heads on a machine it sits deeper in the carpet and takes more torque to get it going....Pretty simple. What we have here is a case of apartment hacks that did the demo on the prototype units. Cheap low quality carpet with no torque requirements. Would have been better off testing in high end residential atmoshphere and working down from there. Instead you started at the bottom now you'll have to crawl to the top.

Reactions: Mikey P

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Ok We turned the torque up to where it should have been and walla the things runs like a beast....ROFLMAO John needs to fire someone for not figuring that out before sending them out. I will take video of the machine running on a TM tomorrow dont have time tonight but the motor purs like a lion now.

Reactions: Mardie

Dan

Supportive Member
Name
Dan

Awesome John, let us know how they work out for the company who is running your beat the hell out of them demo for a week.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
All right, we need a do-over for the Rotary Extraction shoot out. Everybody back to Vegas. And John, bring your A game this time!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom