Rotary Extraction shoot out at M9F results.

Mikey P

Administrator
Like I said, it's great to have you back where you belong Paul.

I've spent time with Mr Brown many times, he's partied at my house and has help me keep that wild man Harvey Hides under control at Aptos Fest.

Pablo we already know the trex will clean and dry well, I'm more interested in it's durability and the testicular fortitude of it's controversial motor.

Please make sure to bust it's balls on thick carpet. Bounce it down stair cases like employees will. Let it dance around in the back of your van too.

These are things REAL cleaners want to know.

and while you're at it, ask that phony shill Deron why he never found the need of the torque setting in 6 months of use when all us Mikefesters saw the issue within minutes.

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
Im going to buy a new hoss. I was waiting on the shoot out. Should I trade my 360i in? Or keep it? Its worked good for me for a few years. But its on its third motor now.

Samsung galaxy S IV beta tester

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
Awesome! After this post I got an email from mb saying we get 20% off a new hoss. I probably wont get it to the spring though. Awesome deal.

Samsung galaxy S IV beta tester

Mikey P

Administrator
SS is being very generous with the offer but it's only good till the end of the month.

I have just the two large spray bars on mine and out of curiosity I enlarged the flow disc for a real dirty poly rental job yesterday.

took more time to get the water out but lordy did the dirt come out as well.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
So $2400 for a hoss this month only to mb members where do we get it if one were interested?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
I have seen in several post that says the Hoss has very poor cleaning results on some carpet and good results on other carpet ? I think it was Mikey that said that the Hoss will shred poorly laid carpet if not carfull.

I was looking so forward to mf9 rotary competition results and am sooo disapointed in how unproffesional this so called competition was orcostrated.

In my opinion this so called competition just goes to prove that you cannot believe everything that people say when their is money involved. Buyer Beware.

Last edited:

Jeff Madsen

Supportive Member
Name
Jeff Madsen
I have seen in several post that says the Hoss has very poor cleaning results on some carpet and good results on other carpet ? I think it was Mikey that said that the Hoss will shred poorly laid carpet if not carfull.

I was looking so forward to mf9 rotary competition results and am sooo disapointed in how unproffesional this so called competition was orcostrated.

In my opinion this so called competition just goes to prove that you cannot believe anything that people say when their is money involved. Buyer Beware.

Geez! At least someone is making the effort! No good deed goes unpunished apparently.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
Mardie is a moron obviously. The hoss is probably one of the best cleaning machines out there and since 2011 they improved

FredC

Village Idiot

In my opinion this so called competition just goes to prove that you cannot believe everything that people say when their is money involved. Buyer Beware.

Mardie,

Can you please explain to me what is unprofessional about allowing manufacturers to demonstrate their rotaries, allowing the attendees to use them, and then asking for their opinion on their experience?

If you want something scientific its going to take a lot more time than was available at MF.

You were free to come and check them out. You seem most dissappointed in the fact that the Mytee T-rex didn't perform as you thought it would. I can't see how this is the "method's" fault. Its not like Mike hired some homeless guy to show how great the Mytee Trex was. The owner of the fooken company was there and didn't know how to properly adjust the unit....a unit he has demonstrated at other events........

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
i ran the shoot out between hoss,rotovac and rx 20 i can tell you how i feel but you have your opinion and that makes you a douche bag so good luck

Mikey P

Administrator
Any re can shred a poorly laid carpet.
The hoss is the only one of the four that can be ran over its own extension could with out snagging it btw

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
Batman+2-2+-9+recut.JPG

pablomoreno

Name
Paul Brown
How about head amintenance on the Hoss? I watched a Youtube video that showed a tech unscrewing the heads for cleaning...seems like a lot of work especially after a long day of pet infested houses. The Rx head is easy to clean after a rat nasty pet hair infected place.

I'm looking forward to the extended visit with the TREX and will post as accurately as I can. An RX with the additional bonnet plate ad tile and grout head has been a versatile tool. I dont notice the weigh and reliable is it's middle name.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
edit for public drunkenness.

sorry Paul.

Last edited by a moderator:

FredC

Village Idiot
Crowley...I asked you to tone it down a bit. See you tomorrow when you get back from your vaca..........

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
Mardie,

Can you please explain to me what is unprofessional about allowing manufacturers to demonstrate their rotaries, allowing the attendees to use them, and then asking for their opinion on their experience?

If you want something scientific its going to take a lot more time than was available at MF.

You were free to come and check them out. You seem most dissappointed in the fact that the Mytee T-rex didn't perform as you thought it would. I can't see how this is the "method's" fault. Its not like Mike hired some homeless guy to show how great the Mytee Trex was. The owner of the fooken company was there and didn't know how to properly adjust the unit....a unit he has demonstrated at other events........

Fred the testing that was done is what it is and i can see how this would satisfy things like handling,apearance and give some good insight into the machines that are available on the market BUT to call this a competition NOT.

I was looking for a systematic elimination based on which machine could clean the best and had the best dry times.That is my main focus and i did not get that. Out of this whole thread i got one coment on this From John Olson and that was only after i posted asking about this.It kinda blows me away that this is not a priority issue.

As far as the T-Rex goes or anyother machine i will not cloud my judgment by favortisime towards a manufactuerer. I will purchace the machine that is the very best in my opinion.

Mikey P

Administrator
I found the video where all four presenters talk about their RE's

Ill have it up tonight.

Rototvac was disappointed the at their 360i was not included in the review. My apologies. I really thought they wanted all the attention placed on the XL. In fact I was surprised they even sent a i to the event. I do like that it was clearly a prototype unit, I feel that input from the event will have an effect on the final production version.
If the streaking issue is fixed, they will have a huge hit.
e
As far as the Trex goes, how is it even remotely possible that John's two testers never saw the need for adjusting the motor's torque? I have to assume they knew it bogged down under load unless all they ever clean is glue down and cheap poly. No way.

The 360i has the same adjustment and it's sent out set to low torque. They do not promote the adjust-ability as a feature , rather they walk you through the adjustment if you have bogging issues. Mine was tweaked long ago. Is it possible the motor manufacturer's are setting them on low for a reason? Will motor life be shortened? I find it real strange that Mytee did not know about this feature.

As far as I know, Mikefest and your's truly is solely responsible for this HUGE development in the productivity of the Trex. Wouldn't you think John would want to thank me for this? Instead he is hiding behind the world's worst Beta Tester over on the rookie forum bad mouthing me.

Mardie , dude, your comments about how this played out leave me speechless. You act like I some how set the Trex up to under perform. Mytee is 1000 and 1 percent responsible for how this is all playing out.

Was there EVER a beta unit? I have serious doubts.

Mikey P

Administrator
Fred the testing that was done is what it is and i can see how this would satisfy things like handling,apearance and give some good insight into the machines that are available on the market BUT to call this a competition NOT.

I was looking for a systematic elimination based on which machine could clean the best and had the best dry times.That is my main focus and i did not get that. Out of this whole thread i got one coment on this From John Olson and that was only after i posted asking about this.It kinda blows me away that this is not a priority issue.

As far as the T-Rex goes or anyother machine i will not cloud my judgment by favortisime towards a manufactuerer. I will purchace the machine that is the very best in my opinion.

I am positive that the Trex will clean and dry with excellent results.
I'm also positive that it will be too aggressive on delicate piles, hell all the units are, the Trex just even more so.
and I'm very positive that the plastic construction will lead to a very short life compared to the other units

Mike Draper is a current 360i owner who was all ready to buy a Trex, now he (of all people, a very avid SS/Bruders hater) is buying a HOSS. I hope he comments as to why he made that choice.

Mike, I'm sorry to out you on this but something needs to be said here among all the finger pointing by the Mytee camp about the competition results being bought.

FredC

Village Idiot

Where is the favoritism exactly? Were only SS fans invited to MF? Did we sabotage the Mytee T-rex?

You want to talk about money being involved? Okay....there would have been more of it had the Mytee Trex performed as advertised. If there was a preferred outcome from this it was that the Trex was all it was hyped up to be and we auctioned one off after the fest.

You also have distributors, Olson being one btw, noting many of the same issues seen at MF.

I'm willing to give the Mytee Trex the benefit of the doubt and say that when you adjust the jetting so it isn't slobbering everywhere and turn up the super secret torque setting so that it will actually spin on thicker piles it will perform as well as the others....but that was not the case at MF according to people who tried the unit..........

Last edited:
F

FB7777

I really wish I went to MF9, would have liked to chime in and experience the new 360xl and run the HOSS side by side with the others

I ran a HOSS at a distributor and it was a great unit, only downside was the weight and I was looking for a residential RE

If I didn't already have an RX20, I would have bought the HOSS instead of the 360quad head

Mike Draper

Ok, ok. First off. No offense to John. He's a great guy. I own lots of mytee products which I use daily. Great products. I did have great interest initially in the Trex, just as I did in the hoss 2 years ago when it was introduced. When I tried the hoss at first, I wasn't impressed. Immediately I realized the handle bars were to wide, hose placement didn't work. Ergonomic ally it didn't work for me or the residential area. Now to the Trex. As the day unfolded and I watched the Trex in action I realized just as the hoss initially needed more work, so does the Trex. Water continually flooded the skirt area of the Trex, as well, the motor did bog down continuously. Upon closer examination i recognized the main shaft was an old wand shaft. I didn't think this would hold up either. The concept is good, but just as many products in all areas of the industry are brought to market, they are always finding flaws and making them better. Hoss did this, so has rotovac many times on the original Rotovac. I don't mean this as negative ranting, more as constructive criticism. In the end, the free market will be the final decision. Not this board.

Reactions: Mikey P

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
i'm confused. Mardie are you the spokesman on this topic for ***? why else are you basically crying cheat? do you have a HWE machine yet? or just stirring the pot?

FredC

Village Idiot
The 360i has the same adjustment and it's sent out set to low torque. They do not promote the adjust-ability as a feature , rather they walk you through the adjustment if you have bogging issues. Mine was tweaked long ago. Is it possible the motor manufacturer's are setting them on low for a reason? Will motor life be shortened? I find it real strange that Mytee did not know about this feature.

I'd like to know more too....I'm sure there are reasons for wanting this setting to be adjusted to the minimum required to perform the task...not just setting it wide ass open as suggested elsewhere

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
I feel like there is some sort of conspiracy going on here and we need to get to the bottom of it.

was it really Fred Cordell in the room at mf?

was the guy pretending to be Fred just a decoy?

will we ever know the answers to these questions?

I am pretty sure John at Mytee will get all the issues Witt the trex resolved and I believe it will be a great rotary extractor once the bugs are worked out.

Like draper stated look at the original 360 and the 360i a lot of differences in the same machine line.

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
Yo Fellas !!

Show ME
Wheres this walk through on the 360i at ???? Boosted oh yea......

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom