Rotary Extraction shoot out at M9F results.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Sweet baby Jesus Larry, answer my damn question...

Have you actually used the trex on any thing but your shop carpet?

I have used it on our shop carpet, without any moisture at all (Heavier Load)

I did notice less starting torque than I would like to see.

The electronic speed control needs to be set for more torque.

The KB speed controls I have played with, have adjustment from 25% to 250% torque.

It is a setting designed to limit torque, when used with smaller DC motors.

I have adjusted the RV360i speed control also,

for the heavier load of the combo brush-extractor carpet head.

Larry

Last edited:
Name
Shawn Forsythe
The electronic speed control needs to be set for more torque.

We adjusted the MSC yesterday on our floor model T-Rex. Phenomenal difference. The motor torque is unstoppable, even on heavy wrinkled carpet on padding.

I saw some of the anomalies being spoke of at MF, but not here. The T-Rex performs just fine.
Today we are having a TM vendor day, wherein one of our TM manufacturers has their demo rig and tent set up. People are trying out the T-Rex....much to their apparent liking.
We'll be taking this to our other store locations this week and next.

FredC

Village Idiot
How does someone who already owns this and may be having issues go about adjusting it?

Why didn't John adjust it at MF instead of saying "youre using it wrong"?

A few have reported seeing material fatigue issues and flexing....will turning up the torque cause these to get worse? Is that why it was turned down?

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
We adjusted the MSC yesterday on our floor model T-Rex. Phenomenal difference. The motor torque is unstoppable, even on heavy wrinkled carpet on padding.

I saw some of the anomalies being spoke of at MF, but not here. The T-Rex performs just fine.
Today we are having a TM vendor day, wherein one of our TM manufacturers has their demo rig and tent set up. People are trying out the T-Rex....much to their apparent liking.
We'll be taking this to our other store locations this week and next.

Thanks, Shawn

See . . .

distributors are the good guys in setting up all the hi-tech equipment . . .

Say hi to Bill & Tony for me.

Larry

SamIam

Name
sam miller
I might be the only person there who didn't run all 4, and I was the only person there who didn't vote.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I might be the only person there who didn't run all 4, and I was the only person there who didn't vote.

I have never ran the Trex......but it is pretty close to the 360i with a dash of the RX and the Hoss thrown in there.......I speak more on mechanical then anything...better motors and more ridged.............strickley from an observation point of view......just don't think 12 volt motors and circuit boards are a great idea.........and spray jets that ride to close to the ground...nothing more then my observation....

SamIam

Name
sam miller
I was addressing Greg's comment thinking he may be referring to the fest.

I know John said he had the jets specifically made for the trex so the water flow would be dispersed differently then the others. for what thats worth.

Mikey P

Administrator
Id like to hear Mytee John comment on his choice in people to test this machine.

Just think of how much myself and the MB brain trust could have saved him in time, money and humiliation.

John thinks I'm hard on him and his products, I'm just brutally honest.

I still think the current design is destined to Galloway, especially with all this new found torque, but is still love to test one and clue you in real quick in what is going to fail.

Mikey P

Administrator
Id like to hear Mytee John comment on his choice in people to test this machine.

Just think of how much myself and the MB brain trust could have saved him in time, money and humiliation.

John thinks I'm hard on him and his products, I'm just brutally honest.

I still think the current design is destined to prematurely fail, especially with all this new found torque, but is still love to test one and clue you in real quick in what is going to bust.

Take it out leave it John.

But I'm here for you.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
How does someone who already owns this and may be having issues go about adjusting it?

Why didn't John adjust it at MF instead of saying "youre using it wrong"?

A few have reported seeing material fatigue issues and flexing....will turning up the torque cause these to get worse? Is that why it was turned down?

No shit....

and Greg can ya give it a rest....

we get it...your pissed...

has it helped get yor shit back???

pablomoreno

Name
Paul Brown
John's sending a machine up for me to play with and evaluate. I'll have time to compare it with my RX, Rotovac 360i, and possibly a Hoss. I'm hoping to do some repeatable testing comparing this machine and will look for strengths and weaknesses.

In the bike world which I participated in for many years, setup and prep can make all the difference between a strong performer and a wannabee. I used to read Comsumer Report articles on road bikes with great interest. It was amazing to see two Japanese bikes spec'd with the same rims and same brakeset have radically different stopping distances from the same speed with the same rider. Obviously, One MFG took the time to clean the cosmolene off the rims and mold release from the brake pads on one of the bikes before sending it for review. The other manufacturer didn't.

My Sprinter had a $3 turbo temp sensor switch fail when I first got it. It was a switch that would shut off the turbo from overheating. Mine was stuck in the shutoff mode and three different dealers couldn't find it. Needless to say, I wasn't happy crawling along sans turbo....about the same power as my 1976 VW bus going uphills in a headwind...miserable. I was about ready to beat it with a large hammer!
Mercedes sent out their factory tech who brought his computer along. He plugged it in, turned it on, I started the van and he spotted the flawed switch within 30 seconds! It took all of 5 minutes to change out that part and the van's run flawlessly for 145000 miles.

I'm looking forward to using this machine in real life conditions. Deron shared that the low placed jets can clog easily. We'll see. Will the carbon shaft stand the test of time? Carbon has come a long way in the last ten years...almost every bike sold has a carbon fork and there are now millions of road bikes of different ages on the road with relatively few recalls and failures.

I'll keep ya'all posted.

Last edited:

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Does he verify how many jobs these "testers" have a week?

Some of them guys only really have a couple jobs a week in the winter ... at best.
Somewhat more in the spring.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
That deron dude sounds like an ASS-hole.....

Jets dont fooking clog from the outside in.....

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Um yes they do.... When you make your dry pass the sand and grit being flung up by the agitation absolutely will clog a jet. Just look at the bottom of your roto vac your wand or any other tool. See that chia pet your growing? Remember I've seen your tools... Well that will clog a jet quick. The Rotovac. Being a flood jet doesn't get clogged but the Trex jet did get clogged today. We are doing some more testing with angles to deal with the over spray and we plugged 3 spray bars as 6 puts down way more water then is needed in my opinion.

The clogged jets and over spray are the biggest issue now that the power issues is fixed

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Not too sure about others but i would have independently verified each "job" with a customer rep follow up.

These guys will say just about anything for free equipment and some internet superstardom.

Reactions: hogjowl and Mikey P

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Regardless of the greater conspiracy theory-
Feedback on durability and issues is slowly going to show up on all machines.

Just try the different machines and see for yourselves which one works best for you.

Personally, I am a song and dance man.
So................. which is the right one for me? :numfi:

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug

hey hey hey....no chias over here....and besides while my equip may not be all spify...it still works, and doesnt break down much (could be cuz they are made simple by me:icon_cool:)

ANDDDDD

they last..I have an autoscrubber, that has only had the pad lift motor go bad....it does need a trans axle now i think :frown: ...but its 16 yrs old.....you dont get that length out of equip by letting chias grow on it....

as far as the trex goes...never used so i dont know....all i am using is plain logic....how can it clog by "flung" stuff and not unclog by pressure????

pablomoreno

Name
Paul Brown
There's a few of you out there that know me. I quit posting in 2005 after losing a $60k a year account that i subcontracted from another cleaning company. They bought the products and tool I used sucessfully and posted about and put their $9.00 hr help to work.I used to freely share what worked for me and what didn't. Last November that company that took away that account asked me if id clean for them again. All the big buildings i cleaned for them for years they lost with their poorly trained employees. So i'm back in the loop. Im cleaning a car dealership tonight after a day of cleaning at a fancy home set on 100 acres. Medical office tomorrow night. I do most of the wineries in the Napa Valley.... Almost all the famous ones. Next one scheduled is Franciscan. I'll use the Trex on some of that gluedown and see how it works.

I built bicycle frames, glass furnaces, repaired musical instruments, was a mechanic for the US Cycling Squad at the 86 World Championships. I was an Iicrc certified master cleaning tech( didnt keep up the updates), and also have been a certified California State Certified Water Plant Operator.

I try to be fair and honest. People ought to know what a product will and wont do before spending their money. Tools can help do a better job faster, but dont necessarily mean you're going to make more money.
I've made more money with a high speed rotary than i ever had cleaning some esoteric expensive fabric for a snooty and picky customer who should have booked the cleaning last year!

I have no idea who John is sending machines to for testing. I've had some teething issues with my Air hog Plus but they are worked out and it works well.

I like tests that are repeatable by other people... Not anecdotal gustings about how great it is. That doesn't help me make an informed decision. the trex will be fun to use, compare and critique. I have it for up to two months. I should be able to give it a pretty fair trial in that period.

I sold Fox Truckmounts and OCI chemicals, Rotovac products, Argosheen and Argo pads, Biokleen, and Oreck Lowboys at one time of my life. I dont sell anything any more...

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom