Rumors from within..

Mikey P

Administrator
We have Bill Yeadons article on what we'll be cleaning in the near future but lets talk about what we'll be cleaning WITH in the near future as some small engine manufactures bow out of making motors suitable for us. Low numbers, emissions regulations have some players stopping production. I can't name names but will the lone engine maker will be charging a hefty premium if they are the only option, so how much will that leaky O ring cost us soon?

And now that work vans with fire walls are becoming the norm, are Pro1200s, Butlers and Cleancos headed to the extinction list?
Sprinters and Nissans wont let CDS/PTO units get installed with out violating the warranty. With the new Ford and GMC vans heading in the same direction we will be looking at some real expensive slide in units or a portable may be our only choice..

maybe before Mike Roden retires he can come up with a REAL (and well made) electric truck mount...:stir:

Ken Snow, you go first...

Dan

Supportive Member
Name
Dan
I don't see the CDS units going anywhere. They will give us a quality product as always. Hopefully Kabota isn't on the list. I see the water cooled lil guy as the real slide in answer anyways.

Mike Draper

If there is market, there will be a solution. There may be many unintentional consequences of government regulations on small motors. This may lead to slide in with Chevy 350's on them (available anywhere) Or more so, propane and CNG fuel options in all motors as well. With of course, inflated prices that will end up getting passed down to the consumer. That's my 2 cents.

C

Cleaning God

Electric vacs are getting more efficient. They have a lot of advantages over hauling around an extra engine for power. When you can just plug in.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Slide ins are going to take over...maybe not in my time but it will happen...same thing that happened with the UD and the vortex all over again......going to be just a matter of time...

Reactions: Larry Cobb

John Olson

Name
John Olson
You will not be able to install a CDS/PTO into a ford after 2013. That's isn't speculation but fact. Mikey has that right. GM might not be far behind.

Dan

Supportive Member
Name
Dan

GM vans have been the more desirable for most. I am sure something PTO will come about of this.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Mikey;

I think work vans are headed to Hybrid designs first . . .

and then all-electric designs within a few years.

At that point the ETM will be powered by the van battery system.

Differing voltage systems will make the ETM more of a challenge.

Larry

Last edited:

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
It would be interesting if someone would prototype a hydrogen fuel cell power unit for TMs. Hydrogen fuel cell technology is common place in the fork lift industry and other industries as well. They are completely silent and the only emission is H2o. Another by product is heat and lots of it. They have no moving parts. They may also provide a good power source for portable equipment doing large commercial work.

Mikey P

Administrator
Mikey;

Larry

You were telling me about the testing you're going to do at the NickOque..
Will you be running some long lengths off an ETM?
Who's unit?
How long?
Booster at what point?
Can you get Lockheart there so a guy who knows what a real truckmount feels like can tell us the truth?
Will you be braking bread/chili cheese enchiladas with Bristor?
Les Jones?
Do you know Kung Fu?
Will there be a Trex Rodeo?
Can you invite Tony so he can perform a NASA test on whether or not percarbonate greys out white fibers?
That way we'll never know the answer you're avoiding me about.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
Mikey;

Larry

Via Motors has an excellent electric Chevy Express available now that would work beautifully with the Mytee ETM or any ETM and could be configured with more vacuum power than we have ever seen on any TM. This concept is definitely on the horizon:

via-motors-vtrux-powertrain-inside.jpg

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
part of the reason i didnt get another butler..i am switching the fleet over to slide in's

i highly DOUBT my next truck (hopefully) by late summer will be a judson though..i love the idea of a elect truck mount..

i will run the judson hard till early summer then decide if i need to start looking elsewhere..

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
I assume Butler and the other DD manufacturers will resolve whatever issues need to be resolved. We have never bought Ford vans for our Butlers so if they stop putting in Ford Vans this won't impact us. Getting 6 new Butlers in a few weeks :-)

F

FB7777

If only Les would chime in to tell us propane TMs are the future

That's a bold move to switch from Butler to slide ins Dave. I'm confident the PTO CDS manufacturers will develop a solution, even if it involves an issue with auto warranty

Other than recalls, I haven't experienced any major warranty problems with new vehicles

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Our newer ones have been very reliable as well Fred. If I remember correctly there was this "scare" when GM was announcing the Savana model but it didn't turn into a reality. Also as John claims it is absolute about the Ford Vans, I doubt this will be the case either. There may be a warranty issue to be worked out but I m sure that manufacturers will resolve it.

F

FB7777

The ETM industry conversion is rubbish

No way are we going backwards

ETMs are for fools that believe they are actually saving money on fuel, when they are in actuality compromising quality, and likelihood of repeat and referral

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Butler has an etm for rug plants, the technology is really not there yet to power one from a van. Yeah i know with generators and 3 dryer outlets.... not practical imo

Some day, just not today.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Does anyone know of someone who has purchased a butler electric in plant system? We built ours for specialty cleaning decades ago and have been nursing it along ever since. It will soon be time to just get a new system.

Vinnie

RIP
Name
Vincent Annunziato
I think your going to see more and better Elec. TM's, forget about the PTO crap just the money you will save on fuel alone.
PS: Don't forget the arabs still have us by the balls.

Reactions: Willy P

Mikey P

Administrator
Via Motors has an excellent electric Chevy Express available now that would work beautifully with the Mytee ETM or any ETM and could be configured with more vacuum power than we have ever seen on any TM. This concept is definitely on the horizon:

via-motors-vtrux-powertrain-inside.jpg

Art, are you using a portable or a portable mounted in a truck?

Mikey P

Administrator
part of the reason i didnt get another butler..i am switching the fleet over to slide in's

i highly DOUBT my next truck (hopefully) by late summer will be a judson though..i love the idea of a elect truck mount..

i will run the judson hard till early summer then decide if i need to start looking elsewhere..

:eekk:

At risk of being called a hater, satan, lover of tossing friends under busses, a left wing commie and a sapphire sellout, I'll bite....
What don't you like about your new/used TNT Dave?

I told you it would be too hot for a cargo van down there.... didn't I?

Hell any side in needs to go into a box van in the deep south imo, especially a fuel fired unit.

Chris A

Name
Chris

what happened to "if someone gave me a truckmount I would sell it and buy another butler"? Is nothing sacred lol

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom