Rumors from within..

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
There's nothing more current then what we pay at the pump every day. I'm tired of paying $1200/mo for gas and when I can cut that to $500/mo by going electric half the time, all the rhetoric and political posturing becomes meaningless to me.

Not exxon/mobil's fault your average ticket hasn't kept up with inflation....

We would be paying $20 gallon if gas tracked same as health ins over last 20 years. Fuel is not our problem health ins and retirement is.
JMO

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
That's because Art never turns the engine off when chomping on all those cheese curls :winky:
Or, is it due to political tendencies, he refuses to turn the key to the left?

Reactions: Art Kelley

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
That is a lot for 1 unit art.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Yeah, no kidding. Why do you think I whine about it? That truck is on whether I'm answering calls or talking to the customer or moving things or actually cleaning. Working alone is not a model for fuel efficiency.

Reactions: GCCLee

Chris A

Name
Chris
That is a lot for 1 unit art.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

No shit dude. I run solo on my van all day every day plus fill my gas guzzling pick up truck that my wife drives all the fookin time and my fuel bill is only about a grand a month.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
There's nothing more current then what we pay at the pump every day. I'm tired of paying $1200/mo for gas and when I can cut that to $500/mo by going electric half the time, all the rhetoric and political posturing becomes meaningless to me.

Thats a lot of fuel......I spent around $7000 for the whole year of 2012 .....and 3 months of that was running two trucks....

but....we do everything we can to insure fuel discounts ....

randy

Name
Randy
To me the real point of this is we must get more efficient and cost effective or find another industry. It's just a matter of time before they mandate health care coverage for all employees at the employer's expense. Currently it kicks in at 50 employees but it has always been their admitted plan to remove the exemption for small employers. That will eliminate many multi- truck operators. When you mandate that a business provide insurance that covers the first 60% of the cost of health care, that's a game ender for many operations. The margins of most service businesses, restaurants, and small shops just can't cover that ever growing nut. Even if you can afford the premiums today, you won't be able to in the future at the current rates of increase. Make no mistake we ( small business owners) are under attack by our own government. I look to see many 3-5 truck operations fold once they do this. We have always been somewhat of a mom & pop industry but that will become even more so.

I also think low moisture will continue to grow but at unprecedented rates as fuel and operational costs skyrocket. I believe the day is nearly upon us when truckmounted cleaning will be nearly impossible to do profitably. Sure there will always be guys claiming they are charging .70- $1.20 a square to clean carpet, but when they are still a one man band and living in a poor neighborhood after 20 years on the wand....

Electric truckmounts will flop. Give it 3-4 years but this is a flash in the pan. Not everyone wants to be on the Bane clene parade bad enough to fall for that. Better portables will help. We need a decent, easy to hook up auto fill and dump system that works well and is reliable.

If gas hits $5.50 on the east coast by July and $6.25- $6.50 on the west coast as many analysts are suggesting it will, we are in for a rough year courtesy of all the liberal assholes that voted for Obama.

racebum

The problem is not how much oil we have left. Estimates say with current reserves and extraction methods we have at least a 80 year supply. With new methods and reserves to be found it will go far beyond that. More or the problem with business vehicles is political. Like this statement that came out of the Whitehouse today:

"We’ve put in place the toughest fuel economy standards in our history so that by the middle of the next decade, our cars will go twice as far on a gallon of gas. " —President Obama in his Weekly Address:

that's the big unknown. what will happen over the next century. going with the 80yrs number and probably closer to 200 if we factor in coal and other known energy sources you're still talking about an end. i think it's more of the realization that freaks people out a bit. back when i was a kid no one and i mean no one talked about the end of oil. was simply unthinkable. i'm also 34

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
That will eliminate many multi- truck operators.

And will result in an enormous amount of hopeful newbies in the business that buy the used equipment from their old work place they were let go from...Which could result in a crazy cut throat business between these one man opertaion...

To be very honest: I am very much afraid of how this fake- "economy gettin better"- deal, that some news media outlets spew, is just a propaganda...and people will realise how bad it is when we again are going to the 6 dollars a gallon fuel prices this summer.

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
I stand behind the fact that the butler is the best of the best but when I went looking to add a truck I was shocked at the cost of the same exact unit have not. Almost 70k that's just too much for a truck in my opinion.

There comes a point when you just have to explore other options and that price point is it..add that to the future regulations on trucks coming I looked 5 years down the road and decided to make the change now.

Mike the problem with my TNT isn't the van, layout or anything like that its simple the looking down the road 5 years. Not really sure where Judson will be and where the quality will be.

Tis unit was a test unit for me..on the install, maint, dealing with them and all and I got to say that the install was not at all impressive and the prepping of the unit was less impressive than the install

I'm not slamming Judson at all. I have the utmost respect for less and dick, good people in my opinion. I'm simply going off of what I have experienced.

They both have called to see what they can do to help but the problem is. I needed it gone through and installed right as I asked the first time. I have over a week of err outing hoses, and uninstalling adding lock washers and lock tit and reinstalling nuts and bolts like crazy...also gauges that don't work. All stuff that I specifically asked t be addressed and none of it was

I have a pretty steep install bill I paid for a very unprofessional install.

All the way down to the fluids not being changed in the blower or pump as asked for

Now I'm screwing around with the unit trying to get more heat out of it..another thing I asked for them to do..make sure this unit is done and ready to rock and roll..

Nope not even close..

My worry is having to deal with these issues on every machine..I know this was a used unit but that's why I asked them to pick it apart heater and all to be sure it was perfect..

They fired it up, ran it and it seemed ok so that's as far as it went..I wanted the heater taken apart and made positive sure it was in perfect working condition. But it wasn't so not I'm doing that crap instead of working it. That's why I wanted it don't during the switch so I could just start working it when I got it back. Not spent time chasing and fixing issues.

As awesome and bullet proof as my butlers are I just have a really hard time dropping almost 70k

The 60k I paid for the first 3 hurt but its just getting too much.

But I have a good plan with lots of options so ya never know what I will end up with.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
That sucks...I'm sure Les is pretty upset that happened but you do need to hold them accountable and they should be stepping up to make it right which I'm sure Les has already said he would right?

Reactions: davegillfishing

Mikey P

Administrator
Lets say gas does get to $6.25 a gallon, yes this will certainly effect our customers spending, nothing we can do about that but simply adding a few dollars to each invoice (undisclosed) will cover your costs.

Let me ask you guys this, how many people do you know who could ride their bicycles to work a few days a week? In my small town it's incredible how much fuel is wasted by lazy out of shape people.. Hell even my own two kids drive the one point mile to work each and every day.

F

FB7777

Thats a lot of fuel......I spent around $7000 for the whole year of 2012 .....and 3 months of that was running two trucks....

but....we do everything we can to insure fuel discounts ....
Roughly the same in fuel cost here Jim, for what my TM brings in , I can't see being concerned about a fuel line item that is 2% of gross sales

Reactions: hogjowl

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill

I talked to less a little but not a lot.

I'm not knocking them just stating facts. I spent some time with dick in fla and he is a great person. Biggest problem is relying on others to do the install and work on machines and that's bad news.

Less said he wanted to send some chems but I'm a Cobb guy for 7 years so I'm not switching anything up.

I just have a good bit of extra money and tons of time fixing the install that was supposed to be complete.

I'm not knocking Judson products at all just the experience of the install crew. Or maybe my standards are just too high.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Ford says they've beefed up the Euro van to handle U. S. use, but that beef is extra weight, so we'll have to see how they handle a load. GM may be willing to give up the floral delivery market in return for taking the heavy duty market. Nissan, competing only with GM, will warranty PTO use. Hate to harp on politics here, but whatever CAFE requirement one administration can put in place, the next can change.

that's the whole problem with the long term outlook on fossil fuel. our whole economyis based on a finite resource that we will run out of. if we went gun ho onproduction prices would come down in the short term. when those wells start todry up? then what. on top of that no one would be exploring alt energy with$1.89 gas.

books like "the race for what's left" give a pretty good outline ofour current global energy situation
As others have said, we're never going to run out of oil. The oil companies want us to think there's a shortage, just like the old military industrial complex wanted us to be afraid of the Russians. As long as we have a weak President, or one that will sacrifice the middle class to push an eco-agenda, we'll have high gas prices. Since the abundance of natural gas is already changing the economics of the fuel industry, and the oil companies can't count on a weak administration every time, all of them are currently scrambling to diversify. They know it won't be long before they won't be able to fake any more oil shortages. As The Who said, "let's forget them better still."

Since we can easily run trucks and cleaning units on cheap natural gas (which makes for a comparitively clean exhaust) the fuel-driven truckmount is pretty secure.

The real future is self-cleaning carpet that will oxidize sticky soil and staining agents so the dry particulate can be vacuumed away. The kind of truckmount we have won't matter at all.

Doesanyone know of someone who has purchased a Butler electric in plant system? We built ours for specialty cleaning decades ago and have been nursing it along ever since.It will soon be time to just get a new system
Woodard bought one 7 or 8 years ago. They'd build one for a good customer.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mikey P

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
Don't worry about oil or natural gas shortage, it is all politics and money. And for you guys that don't believe that don't worry Canada has enough oil and natural gas to support the North American continent for ever.:smile:

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
The real future is self-cleaning carpet that will oxidize sticky soil and staining agents so the dry particulate can be vacuumed away. The kind of truckmount we have won't matter at all.

We'll see how that works.
Most likely it will create a whole new market for whatever unexpected consequences they were not planning for.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
I stand behind the fact that the butler is the best of the best but when I went looking to add a truck I was shocked at the cost of the same exact unit have not. Almost 70k that's just too much for a truck in my opinion.
Dave, not disputing what you say, just curious: How much will an equivalent new van and machine cost?
One that will perform roughly the same (dependability, power, heat etc.) with all the necessary doodads that the Butler comes with?

FloorPizza

Name
Brandt
Agreed Ofer ~ a butler or similar can easily bring in 2.5 million over 8 years and then sell for 1/3 of the original purchase price making the cost of ownership barely over 1% of sales.

That's $312,500 in revenue per year.

I wonder how many guys see this kind of revenue?

Mikey P

Administrator
Good question Ofer

maybe Olsen or Forsythe can put together an itemized list for what a NEW GMC van and box truck options costs with these NEW extras.

fresh and waste tanks
vac and pressure reels
shelving
Prohem softener
pump out
200 feet of vac and pressure hose w/ connects

we'll assume the buyer has his wands hand tools, RE and chems already.

and just for the hell of it pricing on a the big three 30/45 series slide ins.

Mikey P

Administrator
I talked to less a little but not a lot.

I'm not knocking them just stating facts. I spent some time with dick in fla and he is a great person. Biggest problem is relying on others to do the install and work on machines and that's bad news.

Less said he wanted to send some chems but I'm a Cobb guy for 7 years so I'm not switching anything up.

I just have a good bit of extra money and tons of time fixing the install that was supposed to be complete.

I'm not knocking Judson products at all just the experience of the install crew. Or maybe my standards are just too high.

I'm pretty sure I had a lot to do with your decision to go with a Judson so I just want to make sure you are happy wit the unit itself. I prefer the larger waste tank and extra oomf of the C4 but am going to assume that the TNT with it's 25/45, LG#3 and smaller waste tank still makes for a fine resi cleaning machine that can be fix from Walmart fittings and with just a bit of care should last for decades.

but.

your chimps are going to hate you when those 105º days hit. Should have got a box van.

Should have got a box van.
Should have got a box van.

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
Mike you had everything to do with me getting a Judson!!

IM HAPPY WITH THE MACHINE IT'S THE INSTALL AND LACK OF WHAT I ASKED TO BE DONE THAT WAS DONE that I'm not happy with

The install ran $3387.00

1500$ of that was parts the rest labor that I'm having to go over and adjust or fix

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
When I had my PC slide in temps in the front seat area would reach 130 degrees in the summer.

Reactions: Mikey P

Mikey P

Administrator

IM HAPPY WITH THE MACHINE IT'S THE INSTALL AND LACK OF WHAT I ASKED TO BE DONE THAT WAS DONE that I'm not happy with

The install ran $3387.00

1500$ of that was parts the rest labor that I'm having to go over and adjust or fix

groovy.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
IMO everyone needs to provide/offer health benefits if they are going to expect to employ competent people who will stay with you a while.

Reactions: Jimbo

John Olson

Name
John Olson

The install ran $3387.00

:eekk: It's a Judson what the hell cost $1500 to install? I'm not one to normally question what another company charges but hell it s a Judson 4 bolts for the machine 4 for the little giant and a fuel kit. What else did you have installed? Even with a hose reel and chem shelf you have maybe 7 hours where a normal slide in wold be 10 still isn't 1500 something isn't sounding right. Are you SURE that's right? And $1500 to fix the machine again its a Judson did they put a new pump on it? Rebuild the blower and engine? There has to be some thing missing as I can't see the Judson's charging that and not delivering first class service. Not saying your not telling the truth Dave it just doesn't make sense. Me and Les have butted heads because we are more a like then we would care to admit and because of that I have never had any qualms about recommending him to my customers that live out that way. I don't know Dick but I would hope he would have the same standards and convictions as his brother.

They need to make this right and I agree chemicals you don't or won't use doesn't get it unless they want to give you the equivalent based on their cost not retail so you can sell it off and recoup your money.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
I wish you lived closer to me Dave. I could have done a first class install for you.

Me too. If Dave lived closer to me that would mean I live in St Augustine. And it would be 80 degrees right now. Instead of snow on the ground. And I would go for a bike ride.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom