Sapphire 570 nothing but problems

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I just bought one,wed.,no problems yet as I freak out hearing this.

Your fine....I doubt you will have this problem..from what I'm understanding seems like it was more concentrated in the earlier ones .......but if you do it.....pretty sure the answer will already be available........and it will be taken care of......

You got one of the best slides in out there........the thing will make you good money.......

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Ray Burnfield
The older version has a float in the "water box". If you have high incoming water pressure the float can stick.
Get a 40psi pressure regulator and put it on the water fill QD.

Where do you get the pressure regulator?

http://www.walmart.com/ip/14504323?...81152350&wl4=&wl5=pla&wl6=34444679950&veh=sem

I use one like this, seems to work fine.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
That's not it...sometime last year I was pretty sure that I solved this problem.....I was getting really bad back pressure at the end of my hose....so I put a regulator on the hose before it went into the truck.....calm the pressure down before it hit the regulator/pressure valve built into the machine....everything was fine...she ran great...every once in awhile it acted up but it would bring the pressure right back..and I could just go on...annoying..but no bug deal....for some unknown reason..it just started getting worse...Yesterday I had to bring the Thermalwave way across the other side of town because I could not get it to come back while a tile job was being done...All my filters are clean...orifice is clear......there is no blockage any where....I know I have water pressure coming into the machine...for some reason it just all of the sudden won't keep up again....Once it does this...even if............( normally I don't.. but that is another story )......I have the heat off...it will spike and hit 320.....from that point on I am in total cavitation and things are getting pretty dangerious and someone is going to get hurt........

I can tell you what I think it is.....I think it is the inlet pressure valve....It is only supposed to allow a certain PSI into the water box...it is the first thing the water hits coming into the machine...there is a pressure cap on the water box....if it gets to much it will pop the over flow....I don't think that this thing is letting in enough water for the machine to keep up....that's why my hose back pressured so bad.........

Replace the pressure valve with one that may allow more flow into the machine.........you will probably keep popping the pressure cap......(?)
I talked with a guy today......(same machine as mine )....that runs off fresh water tanks that feed his water box..he does not feed threw that pressure valve and has never had a issue...

j81dtf.jpg

This is a great machine and I still stand by it....I would buy another one with out hesitation..still the best slide in out there.......This is the worst I have seen it....It is my understanding that the new ones do not do this but I can't honestly say if this is true or not....It has a little hic up that really needs figured out before someone gets hurt.....

Jim....was this problem with the Saffire or the Thermalwave?.....since you mentioned the Thermalwave.

Name
Nate W.
Name
BradFenstermaker
Any camper supply shop will have a pressure regulator. They keep them in stock so campers don't bust plastic lines.

Last edited:

Sapphire

Name
Dorrel Allsop
Jeff, thank you for your information and my sincere apologies for the inconvenience you are going through.
I have been in contact with Wesclean over the weekend and today. I also sent you a private message with all of the contact info you need to reach me today.
We will work hard to resolve this ASAP, as we want you up and fully operational with your machine.

Thank you,
Dorrel Allsop
Corp Sales Manager
Sapphire Scientific

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Could never understand why some who are so smart want to buy problematic units like sapphire and a thermalwave to essentially breakdown and redign them to work.

Buy something that never breaks down.

Life is too hectic the way it is to worry about machine breakdowns.

Unless you like to suffer.

Reactions: Steve Lawrence

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
Could never understand why some who are so smart want to buy problematic units like sapphire and a thermalwave to essentially breakdown and redign them to work.

Buy something that never breaks down.

Life is too hectic the way it is to worry about machine breakdowns.

Unless you like to suffer.

i consider every machine I own to be problem free. If I can fix it its not a problem. Even my avenger 210. I could bypass that heat exchanger so fast you wouldn't believe it and finish the job with warm water.

Gene

Reactions: dgardner

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
i consider every machine I own to be problem free. If I can fix it its not a problem. Even my avenger 210.

Exactly. The worst, nightmare problems are the ones you don't understand. Even if you don't fix it yourself, learn how everything works. If you can wrap your head around a problem it's not nearly as frustrating/frightening.

Get the owner's manual for your machine. Know how to trace the flow of water, chem feed. Try to gain at least a rudimentary understanding of how gasoline (or diesel, if that's your flavor) engines work. A little knowledge of electricity is super helpful.

Do you carry spares and tools? Belts, fuses, fittings (do you know how to bypass a leaking heater/HX?), etc.

Ask questions. Don't just ask how to fix it, ask why.

If you have no inclination to do any of the above, get a backup machine, you're gonna need it.....

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Just buy a better design without all the mechanical and electrical nightmares.

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
Well my Jud has no bells and whistles and I have repaired that more than my butlers or sapphire..

It's like driving a old 60's car

Love them because I love working in a tinkering with them..but my daily driver is new computer controlled and never needs tinkering or adjusting..just runs balls to the wall all the time

My heat control and consistency alone is worth anything that may go wrong wrong

Spurlington

Name
Spurlino
Good to hear this now, hopefully not too many people ran out and bought one of these things based on the rave reviews it's been getting on the boards.

Sent from my Galaxy S5 using Tapatalk.

Retreat Retreat !!!

If you have no inclination to do any of the above, get a backup machine, you're gonna need it.....

Hey - speaking of a back up machine ... I see there's one in the classified section for $7500

Has anyone mentioned - when using oxygenated detergent, when it gets too hot, it can cause vapor locking - which would cause a loss of pressure ... yous with the problem - are you using detergents with oxygen running through your pump?

Reactions: Dolly Llama

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Has anyone mentioned - when using oxygenated detergent, when it gets too hot, it can cause vapor locking - which would cause a loss of pressure ... yous with the problem - are you using detergents with oxygen running through your pump?

good call, Paul
donno about vapor lock, but "cavitation" fo-sho

.L.T.A.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Well- gotta give the guy that started the thread his due. I went to Wesclean Tuesday to pick up a few things, including some Sapphire juice. 2 weeks until they are going to have stock. Either they don't order until the last drop is sold or someone isn't bothering to keep stock in place.This isn't the first time I've been there and heard the same thing as they sold Chemspec for years. Gee whiz, if I had a product that was selling out, I'm pretty sure I would keep lots of it to retail. I'm going to buy a slightly used Transit to haul gear and I've been kicking around the idea of the small Sapphire truckmount that fits in those but if a company can't keep chemical stock, parts for a TM .....well, I'll stick to portys. I saw they had Warriors sitting on the showroom floor, so I asked about ordering some of the rubber wand straps. They break a lot, but make one less thing to cart into a job. Somebody called me that day , asking how many I wanted. I thought that was it- NO - They called back the next day, asking for my credit card number. True, I don't have an account there, but it was $28 worth of parts that have a high frequency of breaking, a supplier should keep them in stock, and I do buy stuff there and have never stiffed them. The reasoning I got was "they don't want $30,000 worth of stuff sitting around at year end, customers had ordered things before and never took it, bla, bla, bla, yada, yada,yada. The salesman was a jerkoff that made a bunch of comments about me and my character- THAT'S A GOOD SALES PITCH, BUCKO -INSULT THE CUSTOMER (works every time, except this one) I often wondered why this company couldn't make a go from the Prochem line they used to have, I guess now I know.
I doubt Sapphire is going to make any great inroads in the market here with these guys flogging their products. And after talking to a few other cleaners, this seems to be a common feeling.

Sapphire

Name
Dorrel Allsop
Willy, thanks for the information. Normally Wesclean does a fine job for us here at Sapphire, and I will reach out to them on your concerns. One of my sales team will be at Wesclean Calgary on May 21st for a Sapphire Demo day if you are interested. I also will be at this location in June to personally visit with the team and make sure that Sapphire and Chemspec are well represented. If I can help you with any specific needs, please let me know.
Thanks
Dorrel Allsop
Sales Manager
Sapphire Scientific

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom