Sapphire 570 nothing but problems

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Willy, I have never sever sold one of those straps, I don't have them in stock and I have 3/4 of a million dollars of sh$t in stock. My guys are not ordering you a bunch straps without you paying for it. It is policy. Special order parts are ALWAYS paid up front. I didn't used to have to do that but after people not coming back or saying they found it some place else while waiting for it to come or deiced they didn't really need I have no choice.

What the hell would I do with a bunch of straps no one has ever ordered if you backed out? Having to count them at the end of the year every year would just piss me off every time I seen you. Much easier to have you pay upfront for what your wanting..Now as to how hose guys handled it and how you might have perceived it I don't know but from what you wrote they have the same policy and it upset you with how they explained it or how you heard it either way they are right and you are wrong regardless.

You special order you pay upfront.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Porty guy don't sweat it John. Can't live with them and can't legally kill them....yet! :p

Shuuddd up Willy/Frank it was just a joke.....as is your cleaning! :eekk: Get a TM you hacks! :winky:

Reactions: Art Kelley

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Sorry you feel that way John.Naw - not really. I don't give a flying fig. Run your business the way you see fit, but I don't buy things anymore when a supplier doesn't keep basic repair supplies in stock. And save your breath because I think if you don't trust a repeat customer to order $28 (retail) to order in something than I think I have the ability to exercise my opinion.I ordered thermostats for my heater from a supplier in a different business. Did they say pay before we order? No. I ordered a pair of vac motors from a company that I don't have an account with. No money upfront, pay when they arrived. And you can defend out of stock for 2 weeks? And I don't know how long before that? :icon_rolleyes: carry on little buddy...

Last edited:
Reactions: hogjowl
F

FB7777

I think what happens in situations like this Willy is, the good pay the price via " store policy " because of the dirt bags that stiff the suppliers.

As much as I enjoy disagreeing with Olson and throwing insults back and forth, I totally see where he is coming from on this one.

I take rugs in all the time, clean them and then some sit for weeks, even months until,I can set up a return or pick up

I am thinking about either taking a 50% deposit or getting a card that I will charge if not picked up or delivered after 30 days

It's simply about leveraging the transaction

packfancjh

Name
Chris Hagen
We had to go to charging for special orders as well due to the large number of people that would not pick up their orders and we got stuck with parts that rarely ever sell.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Maybe it was your charming personality :) willy when you are always at the ready yo try to destroy a persons business for some perceived wrong maybe just maybe the problem might be you? Something to think about?

As for what constitutes a part that you think should be in stock and what a supplier thinks should be are probably not ever going to be the same things like I said I have 3/4 a million in inventory and I don't have those straps. You order those from me and you'll have to wait. I wouldn't expect any other supplier to have a stock pile of those either. Just because you burn through them doesn't mean everyone else is.
In case your momma forgot to tell you the world does not revolve around you.

Besides if they was so cheap why didn't you just say sure charge my card and call me when they are in?

Last edited:
Name
Bill Soukoreff

Hi Dorrel, I called Sapphire a couple of months ago about Wesclean and their continued refusal to stock or sell Chemspec 210 and 105 and my ongoing frustration with trying to buy DFC 105 or 210 or whatever you call it now. I don't know if was you, but the guy at Sapphire told me if Wesclean doesn't want to stock it, then thats too bad. OK, so I sourced another line that I am now just as happy with.

I was hoping Wesclean becoming a Sapphire distributer would help change their attitude. The last few years every time would try to buy the products ($400 to $600 at a time) they would lie and say it was discontinued and is now replaced by another product (that the inventor of the DFC line now makes after he got the boot from Chemspec, basically it is the 105 but he does not a 210 equivalent). Finally I got ChemSpec Head Office in Canada involved he contacted the president of Wesclean in Edmonton Head Office and I was able to get it sometimes but not without a fight. It was really weird. But they still lied and gave me the run around every time I called. So I would have to call Chemspec again, and he would call the head office, and days later, I could now magically buy it.

Then the Chemspec head office in Canada closed its doors and now all calls are now routed to you. Too bad, Chemspec used to be big player in Canada, now it is a brand that is almost unheard of.

It is impossible to get the DFC products in Western Canada. Too bad, they are great products. Anyways, I no longer purchase anything from Wesclean.

I am sure you know the history, but the problem with Wesclean is after they lost Prochem years ago they lost their carpet cleaning side of the biz and now are a janitorial supply house. It will be really hard for them to lose that mentality and win back their professional carpet cleaners. They just don't care. Even just thinking about all the time I had to spend on the phone with them makes me want to pull my hair out.

Your going to have an uphill battle with them.

Rick from Organic Source in Red Deer is an awesome supplier and three years ago he was going to back the Sapphire line 100% (I helped him promote the first Sapphire show in Calgary, which had an awesome turnout) until you decided to split his market and sell to his competitor. They only wanted the line so no one else could run with it. They never were serious about it. Rick warned you guys that would happen. Now the line has ended up at Wesclean. The carpet cleaning grave yard. Bad move and really sad.

Anyways, I hope Jeff got his Sapphire fixed, it has almost killed his biz.

Let me know when you are there in June and I will drop by and see if anything has changed with Wesclean. BTW, pretend you a customer and try to inquire about the DFC line. It is very entertaining! :smile: Another tip, just because they a couple jugs of your products on the shelf, make sure they are in their computer system. That is a whole different story.

Last edited:

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Anyways, I hope Jeff got his Sapphire
link1.gif
fixed, it has almost killed his biz.

From what I understand they will be contacting the Canada distributor on Monday and getting this taken care of....
Rick pretty much nailed this problem and he should not have any more issues.........

Reactions: Mark Saiger

Ron K

If my business was selling shit EVERY order would be special. As to your comment about people going other places when it takes weeks for a part to come in duhhhhh! Read your own quote "I want to hire a professional to do it for me. There is not enough time in the day to screw around with something that I am not trained to do" that's what suppliers should do.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Not taking sides on a dispute between John and Willy.
I am not crazy. No helmet thick enough!

However, both of you are right.

I expect a supplier with whom I've done business for many years not to charge me in advance and so far, none of them does or ever did.
A smart supplier knows whom he can trust and whom he can not. Trust needs to be earned. I am willing to bet that John has many clients that he would order for without getting paid in advance (he just won't admit it here.)

I just bought a pro-1200 and the trimmings from Ray. Every time that I say, Ray, would you like me to write a check? He refuses. Pay me when it's done.

Could it be because he's holding my van hostage?

Ray?!!

:winky:

:eekk:

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Get of MB, Ray.
You're supposed to call and inform me about the van.

Sheesh!

Would somebody ask Tanner to kick some butt at CMS.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
On a happier note, I just had my electric clutch replaced on my Pro1200 after 11 hard years use. It was getting louder and louder over the last few years so gradually I didn't really pay it much thought but now that my local Sapphire dealer (Modernistic) put in a new one, my old van is silent again and it's like driving a Caddylac:icon_razz:. It's the only part I've had to replace after 9800 hrs except for the Cat pump that I accidently ran dry of oil six years ago.

J

JS41035

On a happier note, I just had my electric clutch replaced on my Pro1200 after 11 hard years use. It was getting louder and louder over the last few years so gradually I didn't really pay it much thought but now that my local Sapphire dealer (Modernistic) put in a new one, my old van is silent again and it's like driving a Caddylac:icon_razz:. It's the only part I've had to replace after 9800 hrs except for the Cat pump that I accidently ran dry of oil six years ago.

My pro200 clutch is pretty loud.
I'll just wait till next year.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
We have accounts with some suppliers. When we special order we don't have to pay since it's going to be billed to our account anyway. We've ordered vans from the same place for so long we often have new trucks outfitted and on the road before the dealership catches up with the paperwork.

Other suppliers we pay when we order because we don't purchase much, or often. Doesn't matter how important we are. If we ordered a lot from them, we'd set up an account. Of course, if the supplier doesn't carry parts in stock, and you can order them direct, why pay them to order for you?

Bill,
Choosing a distributor an hour and a half from population centers like Calgary or Edmonton might not seem prudent for a "big time" manufacturer, although maybe great service would trump travel time.

By the way, I might have made the Calgary to Edmonton run in two hours flat if Red Deer wasn't in the way. Get far enough from the border and they forget to put kph on the 100 speed limit signs. Next visit say hi to the cop driving a gray allroad. It used to be mine.

Name
Bill Soukoreff
Choosing a distributor an hour and a half from population centers like Calgary or Edmonton might not seem prudent for a "big time" manufacturer, although maybe great service would trump travel time.

By the way, I might have made the Calgary to Edmonton run in two hours flat if Red Deer wasn't in the way. Get far enough from the border and they forget to put kph on the 100 speed limit signs. Next visit say hi to the cop driving a gray allroad. It used to be mine.

LOL, that highway is a race track.

Regarding the location of Red Deer, Rick had that covered with a plan that in the end never materialized.

Canada is a really tough for truck mount manufacturers as we have little population spread out over a huge area. They had to do, what they had to do, but I am not if Wesclean will ever to be able to regain their former glory. I hope they do for Sapphire's sake. They need a service bay pronto, if they want TM sales.

This is a Prochem and Cleanco market and its nice to have some other players. How Wesclean lost their market is an incredible story in itself. It could be an action, thriller movie!

Last edited:

Willy P

Name
Willy P

Is this the same John Olson that defended Prochem when I bought this pail of shit from a distributor that refused to take it back with 4.5 gallons left when I tried to return it? Why? Because that's a line you carry.
000_0014.jpg

Oddly, the only time you do this is when it's something you carry.......And usually something you know Sweet Flick All about.( Although the chest beating is pretty funny)

Oh, and......" Having to count them at the end of the year every year would just piss me off every time I seen you."
Might be you have anger issues too! (your constant boner at my critiques is another clue......)

Last edited:
Reactions: Art Kelley

Willy P

Name
Willy P
32 years and I still miss her and think of her every day. I also thought of Fred Boyle , as crusty as he is, watching one of his kids getting confirmed at church, thinking of his Mom and tearing up.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I don't think that hurt of losing someone close ever goes away.

Its just thinly hidden beneath the skin. It doesn't take much to bring those feeling back up to the top.

Take care Willy!

Reactions: Willy P

Sapphire

Name
Dorrel Allsop
Sapphire

Hi Dorrel, I called Sapphire a couple of months ago about Wesclean and their continued refusal to stock or sell Chemspec 210 and 105 and my ongoing frustration with trying to buy DFC 105 or 210 or whatever you call it now. I don't know if was you, but the guy at Sapphire told me if Wesclean doesn't want to stock it, then thats too bad. OK, so I sourced another line that I am now just as happy with.

I was hoping Wesclean becoming a Sapphire distributer would help change their attitude. The last few years every time would try to buy the products ($400 to $600 at a time) they would lie and say it was discontinued and is now replaced by another product (that the inventor of the DFC line now makes after he got the boot from Chemspec, basically it is the 105 but he does not a 210 equivalent). Finally I got ChemSpec Head Office in Canada involved he contacted the president of Wesclean in Edmonton Head Office and I was able to get it sometimes but not without a fight. It was really weird. But they still lied and gave me the run around every time I called. So I would have to call Chemspec again, and he would call the head office, and days later, I could now magically buy it.

Then the Chemspec head office in Canada closed its doors and now all calls are now routed to you. Too bad, Chemspec used to be big player in Canada, now it is a brand that is almost unheard of.

It is impossible to get the DFC products in Western Canada. Too bad, they are great products. Anyways, I no longer purchase anything from Wesclean.

I am sure you know the history, but the problem with Wesclean is after they lost Prochem years ago they lost their carpet cleaning side of the biz and now are a janitorial supply house. It will be really hard for them to lose that mentality and win back their professional carpet cleaners. They just don't care. Even just thinking about all the time I had to spend on the phone with them makes me want to pull my hair out.

Your going to have an uphill battle with them.

Rick from Organic Source in Red Deer is an awesome supplier and three years ago he was going to back the Sapphire line 100% (I helped him promote the first Sapphire show in Calgary, which had an awesome turnout) until you decided to split his market and sell to his competitor. They only wanted the line so no one else could run with it. They never were serious about it. Rick warned you guys that would happen. Now the line has ended up at Wesclean. The carpet cleaning grave yard. Bad move and really sad.

Anyways, I hope Jeff got his Sapphire fixed, it has almost killed his biz.

Let me know when you are there in June and I will drop by and see if anything has changed with Wesclean. BTW, pretend you a customer and try to inquire about the DFC line. It is very entertaining! :smile: Another tip, just because they a couple jugs of your products on the shelf, make sure they are in their computer system. That is a whole different story.

Again Bill, thanks for the info. It is always a full time project trying to make sure our distributors stock the products that our customers "want", while at the same time providing products that move.
Obviously I have work to do in Canada, but I assure you that it will get done. Wesclean is a very stong buyer of Chemspec products (escpecially the DFC line) but sounds like we may be falling short and missing out on opportunity. I will share these concerns and we will work to ensure ALL of our products are readily available.
Thanks,
Dorrel

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom