Sooooooooo...IS JOHN JIGGLIN

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
Mardie said:
Zee said:
No worries Mardie,

You -hopefully- one day will realize how wrong you are and can start learning from real pros that occupy this board.

You can -and I'm sure will in the future- find the best of the world here (as we have greatly valued members from UK, AUS, CAN, USA and I believe some Asian folks are coming on soon as they are growing there like crazy! I have been shown some sales numbers of equipment and chemicals that go there from a manufacturer here: insane!) that this industry has to offer. There will be some hard times, (as you already experience it lol) and sometimes us young guys will tell you how it is because we happened to have much longer time served in the industry. And its ok, don't be threatened.

Just stick around and get yourself educated by reading days and days worth of material on technical, chemical and marketing aspects of this business.

I can tell you this for sure: those that stay here absolutely benefit from the collective brain/mind of this forum. Give it a chance, don't be so defensive, so you will feel less of a fool in the coming months or years!
You should go to the beginning of this thread and read the posts and replies.This way you will see how your preconceived views on me are way off base. This way you would not have to state what i have already aknowledged as though you are enlightening me.
I say all this sincerely without trying to be condescending.
You should go to the beginning of this thread and read the posts and replies. This way you will see how your preconceived views on me are way of base.This way you would not be stating what i have already aknowledged as though you are trying to enlighten me.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
yor first post in this thread......you may as well say that all HWE's carry the plague..........

Funny how your opinion is on VLM. The opinion of the majority of my residential clients is very very low when it comes to wet cleaners (steam cleaners).

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
dc klaatu said:
yor first post in this thread......you may as well say that all HWE's carry the plague..........

Funny how your opinion is on VLM. The opinion of the majority of my residential clients is very very low when it comes to wet cleaners (steam cleaners).
Dam you guys are a sensitive bunch.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Mardie said:
dc klaatu said:

Not at all. Sometimes it's best to clam up and learn from more than a few people that know what they're talking about. I don't profess to be the best at what I do, but I know that most of the self serving crap on your website is geared towards misinformation and fear mongering. Do a search for chem dry and see the parallels and understand that there's hacks everywhere. I suggest you get a decent high powered extraction system and take your cleaning to another level or as an add on upsale. I guarantee the results will kick it up quite a few notches. You're half way there- and don't forget a pallet of defoamer.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
dc klaatu said:
why yes we are....
i once saw Willy breast feed
a stray kitten he found by the side of the road.......

Damn Bawb - My nipples are still sore. Those little teeth are SHARP! ( Thank goodness I was lactating)

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
I finally pitched mine several years ago...after it sat up in the loft for about 15 years :lol:

..L.T.A.[/quote]
15 years old. That is an antique. I sure hope you dont think this is representative of the performance of todays machines.[/quote]

Mardie, mine was actually older than 15 years ..it was stored in the loft for 15 years til i pitched it a few years ago

But that's NOT the last time i used one...so don't assume things.
i helped a friend not too terribly long ago that got imbibed with the Racine Wi koolaid in '04.

so unless there's something even better and more fantabulous than his new at the time machine, it's still an expensive box with a roll brush that can't clean to the edge of a wall, SUCKS to use in furnished rooms, near IMPOSSIBLE to use in small furnished bedrooms..
(some folks actually want their closets cleaned too) and is one of the most inefficient tools to clean anything but wide open spaces with

but hey, if you're happy, I'm happy

Thats why i move all furniture including beds,and believe it or not the clients like that.They also pay for that.I can also dry it up with fans before i replace the furniture. I have no problem doing closets.I do have a detail machine for use when needed.I do like doing commercial as i am sure all systems are easier in unobstructed open area carpet cleaning.
The thing with the VS is that their are so many ways of going about it to make it perform to its maximum potential. I can easily see how this is an owner operator system.And given that only a select few would be able to bring this equipment to its full potential.I know that i could not run an unsupervised work force with this equipment.Not good. Got to give you a poke, so here it is, it is in good fun. The reason TMs are so popular is because any well trained monkey can hoe down carpet with a TM. Dont tell willy i said that.lol

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Got to give you a poke, so here it is, it is in good fun.

i promise to take as well as I give ... !gotcha!

The reason TMs are so popular is because any well trained monkey can hoe down carpet with a TM

actually , Bro, The reason is simply cause they're more efficient and have less limitations than all other single systems

gotta give one back now..

most can use a TM, but most can't put a berber back together when that VS roll brush hooks a stray loop and reels up 20 ft of yarn row :shock:

here's the thing..
You're painting yourself into a corner with marketing than is geared to dog other systems .
If you plan to stay a niche system operator that might be not such a big deal.
But "one day" down the road you may find other system(s) more to your advantage (AND your custys) ..then you'll either have to lie or be deceptive (like Chem-Lie using TM HWE systems now)..but they can't call it TM HWE because of all their bullshit marketing over the years.

Or you'll have to eat crow

..L.T.A.

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
Ruff Hewn said:

i promise to take as well as I give ... !gotcha!

[quote:3w11zyqw]The reason TMs are so popular is because any well trained monkey can hoe down carpet with a TM

actually , Bro, The reason is simply cause they're more efficient and have less limitations than all other single systems

gotta give one back now..

most can use a TM, but most can't put a berber back together when that VS roll brush hooks a stray loop and reels up 20 ft of yarn row :shock:

here's the thing..
You're painting yourself into a corner with marketing than is geared to dog other systems .
If you plan to stay a niche system operator that might be not such a big deal.
But "one day" down the road you may find other system(s) more to your advantage (AND your custys) ..then you'll either have to lie or be deceptive (like Chem-Lie using TM HWE systems now)..but they can't call it TM HWE because of all their bullshit marketing over the years.

Or you'll have to eat crow

..L.T.A.[/quote:3w11zyqw]
Should i be in a position to want to expand and run several trucks,i see TMs as the only other alternative (ofcource for residential only)I see nothing wrong with stating the "RISKS" involved as i have already done.I would expand on it more and assure the public that this is not what to expect from our service as it is so common in the carpet cleaning industry.This is to educate the public which i think is very good.

The brush on a VS machine is much to large to grab onto a thread of carpet and pull it up like a typical vacuum cleaner dose.

John G.

That is one guys opinion, there are many who would totally disagree, especially those who have tons of years with TM's and have FINALLY
leaned that there is a easier MORE efficient way.

But some old schoolers just are too old of dogs to learn new tricks.

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
John G. said:

That is one guys opinion, there are many who would totally disagree, especially those who have tons of years with TM's and have FINALLY

Agreed
The learning curve for the proper operation and to consistently get top grade results with a TM is kinda scary.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
If you can get a carpet clean without damaging it.... Who cares about the system?

You can do the right system the wrong way for 20 years and say you have experience.

My dead brother had 32 years experience at being a 3 year old.

Same difference.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Brian R said:
If you can get a carpet clean without damaging it.... Who cares about the system?

You can do the right system the wrong way for 20 years and say you have experience.

Same difference.

Yeah Brian but your brother (may he rest in peace) wasn't going around telling people that they are ripoffs and hacks because they don't act like him a 3 year old.. You know what I mean?

Name
I'm Rick James
Its funny those who don't use a TM will defend the other methods to the death and say it is just as good as a TM.. when in reality its not.

The reality is the TM will increase profit and quality that is why it is the number 1 choice for carpet cleaning business owners. You wash your cloths in a washing machine because it is the best way to clean them, that is the same for residential carpets. I think there is a reason that manufacturers, EPA and the IICRC recommend HWE is the best way to clean carpets.

I do encap some commercial jobs I do because its lightly soiled.. but if it was heavily soiled then there is no way I would encap it.

Mardie I do hope you stick around and absorb some of the knowledge here.. there is always something to learn.

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
Brian R said:

Same difference.
Agreed
My analegy for what you are saying is that some people seem to spend the first 5 years learning and the next 20 years forgetting.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Mardie said:
Brian R said:

Same difference.
Agreed
My analegy for what you are saying is that some people seem to spend the first 5 years learning and the next 20 years forgetting.

O M G! That is the quote of the year. From a guy that is in business for less than 5 years and never actually had the experience of true highly effective truckmounted HWE (again- not portable junks).

I have a feeling you will be a really good carpet cleaner Mardie when you allow yourdelf to learn. You may be the best steam cleaner and defender of steam cleaning method when you get there.

Saying that you use water claw means nothing- that's a specific tool for specific reasons. You cannot waterclaw a whole building's traffic lane. I mean you can but it would make no sense and would be foolish to go thru all that trouble when it could be done so much easier.

Brian the door swings one way a lot of time. Except in a bar and restaurant kitchens where the door can swing in and out too and there is no doorframe to close against. And I type this on my blackberry in the middle of a job- AN OP JOB WITH THE ORBOT AND PADS AND VACAWAY CHEMS AND HRUBY CHEMS! So again its not that I'm a steamclean only dork that can not accept other methods!

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
Zee said:
Mardie said:
Brian R said:

Same difference.
Agreed

O M G! That is the quote of the year. From a guy that is in business for less than 5 years and never actually had the experience of true highly effective truckmounted HWE (again- not portable junks).

I have a feeling you will be a really good carpet cleaner Mardie when you allow yourdelf to learn. You may be the best steam cleaner and defender of steam cleaning method when you get there.

Saying that you use water claw means nothing- that's a specific tool for specific reasons. You cannot waterclaw a whole building's traffic lane. I mean you can but it would make no sense and would be foolish to go thru all that trouble when it could be done so much easier.

Brian the door swings one way a lot of time. Except in a bar and restaurant kitchens where the door can swing in and out too and there is no doorframe to close against. And I type this on my blackberry in the middle of a job- AN OP JOB WITH THE ORBOT AND PADS AND VACAWAY CHEMS AND HRUBY CHEMS! So again its not that I'm a steamclean only dork that can not accept other methods!
That quote is just a generality that i use to describe people in all walks of life that get mentally lazy in their profession and the only thing they can stand on is their years in the trade whatever that may be.These are people that are not progressive and have not kept up with the times.
It was not meant to be pointing at any individual.

After VLM only for years, I have become a lover of HWE. I'm getting better results than ever before, production rates increased , repeats and referals have gone up.

Still love the VLM for commercial and for fixing certain problems .

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
John G. said:

That is one guys opinion, there are many who would totally disagree,

so? they have the right to be wrong

especially those who have tons of years with TM's and have FINALLY

yep...there's a handful that have focused more on com (OP , spray 'n wipe and/or smearing pixie dust sCampoo with a VCT pad is fine for many com jobs)
and some are fortunate enough they don't have to clean soiled cut pile carpets.
But I'm a carpet cleaner that will clean anything ..which means I often have to clean dirty carpets too

one tool in my box won't get it

I've said before, John, I have TONS more experience with OP and rotary bonnet than you do with HWE.
So I'd suggest YOU are the "old dog" that limits yourself to one tool in the box.

I don't CHOOSE to be a niche cleaner.
let me close by saying, there's not a thing wrong with being a niche cleaner if that's the course an owner chooses .
But don't try to pee on my leg and tell me it's raining ..cause I "know" better

..L.T.A.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
That quote is just a generality that i use to describe people in all walks of life that get mentally lazy in their profession and the only thing they can stand on is their years in the trade whatever that may be.These are people that are not progressive and have not kept up with the times.
It was not meant to be pointing at any individual.

Mardie, you just illustrated several points many of us have trying to point out

"is just a generality that i use to describe people in all walks of life that get mentally lazy in their profession"

exactly !!
and it has NOTHING to do with the tool..it's the man running the tool.

"These are people that are not progressive and have not kept up with the times"

Mardie, my friend, you may very well have plenty "life experience" but you don't have enough "carpet cleaning" experience with different methods, chems and tools to know what "cutting edge" or progressive means in this biz
(no, renting a porty a couple times a year to clean your home carpets with Rug Doctor soap don't count)
and Brother, no offense , but there's nothing about VS shampoo method that's "with the times" .
Shampooing carpets in general is a VERY OLD technique ..literally "ancient" in fact
They've been whipping up foam with a variety of methods to clean textiles for a LOOOOONNNGG time before VS

the "progressive" movement of shampoo method has been in the chems .
The trend today are the pixie dust encap juices.
We can debate whether or not "dry and brittle" or "crystallizing polymers" are the same as a practical matter
But what's not debatable (to anyone that know carpet cleaning history" there's nothing "new or progressive" about shampooing a carpet

stick around Mardie .
You'll learn a lot here when the battery dies in the Racine Wi mind control chip they planted
You'll be a better carpet cleaner when that happens
cause I'm sure you , (like most of us here) always strive to be better

..L.T.A.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
John G. said:

You may call me paranoid, but it sure sounds like someone who has something to sell.

And you may call me 'Doubting Thomas' but it also sounds like some one who may think that say: a bah humbug 300 rpm machine is better than a 175 rpms.

Or you may call me Brian, but than you got to join my latest.... :p

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom