Starting the Encap division of my company Edit: "Padcapping"

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Re: Starting the Encap division of my company

That's not what I'm doing at all.
It was just a response to what Chris said about it.
I included everyone in the "could have" statement.

I've done bonnet cleaning since I was a pup...I know the routine...the encap part is new to me but the process and common sense part surely isn't.

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox

I don't know what harmful chemicals can be left in a carpet if you're basically using a prespray, detergent and deodorizer, other than occasionally using a rust remover or solvent. Everything I apply is put on prior to cleaning so it is virtually 100% residue free. Just wait til you get the first "My kids socks and knees are still turning black" call and then you'll see just how smart you are. Then agin, you probably are already dealing with those calls with your berber drycleaning.

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo

rhino1 said:
I continue to wonder over this encap thing... Aside from not actually rinsing all the acummulative crap from the carpet, therefore not removing much soil, you leave behind a product whose main benefit is that it becomes forms crystals, becomes brittle, and breaks away from the fiber - supposedly to carry away the soil that you never got rid of in the first place.

So before the encap solution dries thoroughly and forms crystals, before it becomes brittle, before it breaks away from the fiber, and beforee it is thoroughly vacuumed up , you are going to apply a protectant?
Better yet, this is what you are going to instruct your "subs" to do?

I don't get it.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison

Read the thread guys.
I will be doing this work myself...once I get the equipment.

I will vacuum first
Prespray with a brush and bonnet type cleaner
Scrub with orbot and scrub type pads
Clean with orbot and bonnet type pads and encap that leaves a small amount of protectant
Post spot
I will offer a full application of Scotchgard to be applied after the cleaning.
I will also post vacuum

I think I should be able to get the carpet clean with that process.

I don't leave harmful stuff in the carpet and neither do my subs. I've never put up with that.
Chris brought up leaving stuff in the carpet and I basically said ANY process can leave stuff in the carpet.

I'm not accusing anyone here of doing that because I have no idea what you do.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison

Doug Cox said:
I don't know what harmful chemicals can be left in a carpet if you're basically using a prespray, detergent and deodorizer, other than occasionally using a rust remover or solvent. Everything I apply is put on prior to cleaning so it is virtually 100% residue free. Just wait til you get the first "My kids socks and knees are still turning black" call and then you'll see just how smart you are. Then agin, you probably are already dealing with those calls with your berber drycleaning.

None of my Techs do that. I said I used to post bonnet on berber sometimes.
When I was a Chem-Hack, I bonnet cleaned everything.

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox

No, you agreed with Greg Cole about "Dry Cleaning". I guess I made the "Giant Leap" thinking you dry cleaned berbers.

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo

Brian R said:
I will vacuum first
Prespray with a brush and bonnet type cleaner
Scrub with orbot and scrub type pads
Clean with orbot and bonnet type pads and encap that leaves a small amount of protectant
Post spot
I will also post vacuum

So in you best estimation, what percentage of the encapsulated soil and residue has dried, released itself from the fiber, and been vacuumed up by the time you would apply Scotchgard. Its my understanding that the encapsulant releasing from the fiber is a process that occurs gradually over a period of time. (Days? Weeks?) I wouldn't think that process of crystallizing and releasing from the fiber can be anywhere near complete at the time you will be coating everything with Teflon.

So I guess the question is, for argument sake, is how long does it take, on average, for enough of the encapsulant to release from the fiber to call the process "complete" and what are the factors?
Any opinions on this?

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison

Doug Cox said:
No, you agreed with Greg Cole about "Dry Cleaning". I guess I made the "Giant Leap" thinking you dry cleaned berbers.

My definition of dry cleaning was bonnet cleaning. Not host or something like that. My mistake

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison

Frank, the majority of the soil would be removed with vacuuming and padding. The encap part would be for anything left behind and to help wicking.

I was told you can put a protectant on after the cleaning process. I don't know the chemistry well enough to tell you correct answer to that.

I was trying to figure it out myself.

I believe the encap crystallizes around the soil and I know the protectant adheres to the fibers. Seems like that could work together.

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo

Brian R said:
I believe the encap crystallizes around the soil and I know the protectant adheres to the fibers. Seems like that could work together.

I remember reading in more than one place, that after the initial vacuuming that follows encapping, subsequent vacuuming over the next ? days will remove more soil, as the polymers continue to release themselves from the fibers. That would tell me that that there is a lot more polymer to release after the initial vacuuming. Now if this is true, and I'm not saying it is, then applying something that will "adhere to the fibers", will interrupt what you have trying to "release" from the fibers.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison

I'll have to let the experts explain that one.

As long as it works...I'm happy.

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo

Brian R said:

Didn't you mean, as long as the customer "thinks" it worked, I'm happy. !gotcha!

Willy P

Name
Willy P

I pointed out the same thing about the protector Brian. I notice both Bridgepoint and Prochem sell encap solutions with a fluorochemical , but a topical after encap is a waste of time and of little or no benefit to your customer.

Luis Gomez

Name
Luis Gomez

I will also post vacuum

from 3M's

Dilution and Coverage
Application SprayerIn cold weather, material may be subject to freezing temperatures. Freezing does not harm material. If freezing has occurred or is suspected, warm material to 10°C (50°F) and shake or stir well before first use. If material is subject to freezing temperatures between uses it is necessary to warm and mix material as noted above.

1. When applying Scotchguard Carpet Protector to new or clean carpet:

* Mix 1 litre of concentrate with 4 litres of warm water (one part concentrate/4 parts water).

Commercial grade carpet:
* Use 1 litre of diluted treatment per 5 sq. metres (53 sq. feet) of carpet.

Plush carpet:
* Use 1 litre of diluted treatment per 2.5 sq. metres (26 sq. feet) of carpet.

2. To insure proper coverage, measure an area of carpet that will give the desired coverage when the entire contents of the sprayer are used up.
Add 1 litre of diluted Scotchguard Carpet Protector to the tank for each 5 sq. metres (53 sq. feet).

A liter is a little bit more than a quart. That's 1 gal of liquid in a small bedroom and more than 2 gallons in an average living/dinning room. Are you going to use air movers to dry the carpet or are you going to vacuum wet carpet?
Luis

royalkid

Supportive Member
Name
Gulf Coast Carpet Care

damn brian, sad stuff :cry: . You were a chem-hack (like i was) and you want to go back to bonnet cleaning. The best VLM cleaner can't touch the best HWE cleaner...you're smart enough to know that. I purchased a brand-new mytee 175 recently so i can "POST" bonnet all jobs...AFTER i HWE with my RX-20 and Bulter. It will help dry-times, but I will NEVER pull out a buffer as the only tool to use on a job, unacceptable for anyone who considers themselves a "quality" carpet cleaner. You must be getting biz tips from Greg Cole. :shock:

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison

Luis Gomez said:
I will also post vacuum

from 3M's

A liter is a little bit more than a quart. That's 1 gal of liquid in a small bedroom and more than 2 gallons in an average living/dinning room. Are you going to use air movers to dry the carpet or are you going to vacuum wet carpet?
Luis

I would post vacuum before the scotchgard application. I know I wrote them out of order.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison

goomes said:
Brian R said:

Didn't you mean, as long as the customer "thinks" it worked, I'm happy. !gotcha!

:lol:

What the customer "thinks" is important.

But I'm not going to lie to anyone.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison

royalkid said:
damn brian, sad stuff :cry: . You were a chem-hack (like i was) and you want to go back to bonnet cleaning. The best VLM cleaner can't touch the best HWE cleaner...you're smart enough to know that. I purchased a brand-new mytee 175 recently so i can "POST" bonnet all jobs...AFTER i HWE with my RX-20 and Bulter. It will help dry-times, but I will NEVER pull out a buffer as the only tool to use on a job, unacceptable for anyone who considers themselves a "quality" carpet cleaner. You must be getting biz tips from Greg Cole. :shock:

I've been waiting for you to give me a hard time. !gotcha!

I like this method because it's got it's differences from Chem-hack. !dork!

I too always carried some kind of buffer with me for post bonneting or pre-scrubbing.

There is still a market for VLM cleaning and I know what kind of job I can do cleaning. The encap part is just icing on the cake.

I just can't see spending 30 thousand dollars on a TM set up for spray and suck again when I know I can get very close to the same results or even the same results from what I'm doing.

If I get a decent porty to pre-treat and rinse first and then bonnet with encap....I believe the results will be as good as it gets.

You can only get the carpet so clean.

HWE is superior in that it's more powerful so it's faster. There is something to be said of sucking water from the pad with a Claw or something but that's not going to get everything out either.

It will take more time to clean with this method if just for the vacuuming part. But a little more time and a lot less money upfront and for upkeep etc will allow me to make more money and still get the carpets clean.

And before anyone calls me a hypocrite because I've owned a TM and HWEed for 10 years...I've always said....always...

You can get a carpet clean with an eyedropper and a q-tip if you take enough time to do it.
I've also said you can get a carpet just as clean with a porty but it just takes longer.

I will still offer HWE if people want it. I will sub those out.

We have been using EnCap on residential carpet for some time with great results. Keeping mind though we use it as a HWE Pre-Spray along with an acid rinse. You need to use HWE on residential carpet sorry. But adding a encap as a prespray is a great tool to keep residue out of the carpet and we have not had one case of wicking from the time we started to use the encap as our pre spray. This photo is an example of a job that we used an acid encap to clean this nasty apt that was covered in food and drink spills
image424.jpg

http://www.cleaninteriors.us

Greg Cole

Name
Greg

I must admit- Brian "GETS IT"
While many on here are beating their chest about who can better suck the poo out of the carpet, Brian is "marketing"

smart guy!

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L

The after pics still look like crap.

Let's see 4 oz of shampoo in a gallon of water and then sprayed over an area of say 150 sq ft.

4 oz of polymer ain't gonna encrap anything.
And thats before the water is dried out of it.

aND tHAS A fACT jAcK!

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox

gregcole said:
I must admit- Brian "GETS IT"
While many on here are beating their chest about who can better suck the poo out of the carpet, Brian is "marketing"

smart guy!

In otherwords, he's making promises he doesn't deliver on?

rhino1

Name
Chris Bolin

Seems like a desperate move to me... Not one I would expect someone who was doing well to resort to.

What happened to focusing on marketing?

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox

Chris- It's somewhat obvious to me, but I wonder how many others might think the same as I.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison

It's just something to do...don't get your panties in a bunch.

Business is really good....most of my marketing is on autopilot, my phones are answered, the jobs are scheduled.

I'm getting bored. lol

I'll still work on building my business...and I will work on this part a bit...nothing too serious.

when it becomes a little more "full time" ...I'll get someone to do it for me.

Edit: Oh, and thanks Greg.

Willy P

Name
Willy P

Morals and principles? Or greed and rip off practices?
Greed overtakes them all.A compliment from Scam artist Cole is not something I would be proud of.

I call BULLSHIT.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison

Bullshit on what?

Sounds like you have your own demons that you're battling.

Greg Cole

Name
Greg

Willy P said:
Morals and principles? Or greed and rip off practices?
Greed overtakes them all.A compliment from Scam artist Cole is not something I would be proud of.

I call BULLSHIT.

LOL! clearly your business must be a charity? MINE is NOT!
I am inded an artist - but not a "scam artist"

Willy P

Name
Willy P

Brian R said:
Bullshit on what?

Sounds like you have your own demons that you're battling.

Hmmmm- First pile of bullshit- off your website- God first. You know that's BULLSHIT. Second pile of BULLSHIT - Encap is a commercial interim cleaning process, not really designed for residential where kids and Fido lay and play on the "clean" carpet. IF encap works as claimed then they're exposed to the toxic shit that was on the carpet - are polymers safe for ingestion? Third pile of bullshit- Applying Scotchgard after the cleaning- OUTRIGHT ripping off the customer. IF the encap works, than the protector is going to peel off the fiber.

Does that sound like an honest business practice?

IS THAT ENOUGH BULLSHIT FOR YOU?

Hey Cole- I think I''ll go give you some google hits. And if you don't have a favourable opinion of me then I'm doing something right because you and those like you are below pond scum. Lemme see here carpet cleaning Atlanta......

Edit - Hey Cole spend some of your millions learning to spell deodorize

Carpet Cleaning Atlanta | Carpet Cleaning Coupons | Same Day ...
Pro Carpet - Carpet Cleaning Atlanta - for all carpet cleaning, draperies, furniture, pet solutions, deordorizing and water restoration your Atlanta GA home ...
www.procarpet.net/ - Similar

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom