Starting the Encap division of my company Edit: "Padcapping"

Ryan

Re: Starting the Encap division of my company

Good lord guys if he makes money doing it and the customers are happy nothing else matters.

You guys seem to miss the point of this business its to MAKE MONEY not to mentally masturbate about how clean you can get a carpet.

Do you really think HWE sterilizes carpet? Most baby's in the US aren't exposed to enough germs as it is. It isn't going to hurt them to play on some carpet. Human babys played in the dirt for 100,000 years do you really think improperly cleaned carpet is going to make a huge difference? I've seen some of John G's before and after pics and the carpet looks pretty damn clean to me.

That said I prefer HWE to the couple of times I've tried encap, but if Brian is probably a little more skilled at encap then I am.

Willy P

Name
Willy P

I'm not trying to be a dick, but you asked for an honest opinion and then
60078965545d499a01ce95.gif
. That being said, I do encap, but only on commercial accounts and after a full explanation of what to expect and what not to expect.

Willy P

Name
Willy P

Ryan said:
Good lord guys if he makes money doing it and the customers are happy nothing else matters.

You guys seem to miss the point of this business its to MAKE MONEY not to mentally masturbate about how clean you can get a carpet.

Do you really think HWE sterilizes carpet? Most baby's in the US aren't exposed to enough germs as it is. It isn't going to hurt them to play on some carpet. Human babys played in the dirt for 100,000 years do you really think improperly cleaned carpet is going to make a huge difference? I've seen some of John G's before and after pics and the carpet looks pretty damn clean to me.

That said I prefer HWE to the couple of times I've tried encap, but if Brian is probably a little more skilled at encap then I am.

So you're OK with your customers kids and pets being exposed to toxic shit? Really? I got into business to make money, but I try to do it with ethics.

Ryan

There is not enough residue left to cause serious problems, if there was the environmentalist would be all over it and the process would be illegal.

BTW I don't use encap, but I think you guys are over reacting to Brian's question.... that could be because he is so annoying at times :lol:

Willy P

Name
Willy P

Ryan said:
There is not enough residue left to cause serious problems, if there was the environmentalist would be all over it and the process would be illegal.

BTW I don't use encap, but I think you guys are over reacting to Brian's question.... that could be because he is so annoying at times :lol:

Really? You spray chemicals - LISTED AS TOXIC ON THE LABEL- leave them in the carpet, but there's no residue? Just a second, I have to shut off either my bullshit or inexperience meter. Or both.

Ryan

I didn't say there was no residue. I said not enough to cause serious problems.

When is the last time you have heard of someone bleeding out of their eyes after having their carpet cleaned?

Use your head, we use these chemicals EVERYDAY if they caused serious problems just from residue on the carpet then carpet cleaners would all be dieing after 6 months experience. Giving you kid a soda is much more dangerous then having your carpet encaped.

Willy P

Name
Willy P

Hmm- solvents- airborne- the rest are picked by pixies. :roll:

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison

I take all opinions and consider them. I will also give my opinion of the opinions. lol

The encap part is just for anything left behind. Some guys HWE and then encap right? I believe most dirt will be lifted with vacuuming and padding and post vacuuming.

I am even considering getting a porty to hit it right before the padding..makes a good pre-sprayer shiteatinggrin .....Yes, Chem-Dry started doing that in the early 90's...maybe even the 80's.

I think the improvement in solutions and equipment make this a very good process. All that without the price tag.

The problem with Chem-Hack was the control over the franchises, the crappy equipment and what ended up being crappy cleaning solutions.

But I started a few of them that I bought from others for under 10 grand with equipment. Basically just bought the area from them.

Anyway, just making some comparisons to that and the fact that I am pretty skilled in the bonnet cleaning idea and process.
The Encap thing is what's new to me.

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox

But Brian, If you're making buttloads of money, why not do it right, with a TM? Too many of your statements lead me to believe you're FOS.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison

Doug Cox said:
But Brian, If you're making buttloads of money, why not do it right, with a TM? Too many of your statements lead me to believe you're FOS.

What statements?

I'm doing well but I wouldn't say buttloads.

I'm just getting out of the house...will be doing residential from online website and will be hitting up the commercial side by cold calling.
I want to build the commercial side in person and this way I can control it for awhile until it becomes automatic.

I'm just doing what Steve T. is telling me to do. lol....as far as commercial is concerned anyway.

rhino1

Name
Chris Bolin

Ryan said:
I didn't say there was no residue. I said not enough to cause serious problems.

When is the last time you have heard of someone bleeding out of their eyes after having their carpet cleaned?
e
Use your head, we use these chemicals EVERYDAY if they caused serious problems just from residue on the carpet then carpet cleaners would all be dieing after 6 months experience. Giving you kid a soda is much more dangerous then having your carpet encaped.

With encap, the whole point is to LEAVE a bunch of crap behind. The encap you leave behind doesn't just off-gas, it actually becomes a bunch of microscopic brittly particles that are easily airborne and inhaled by the people trapped in the home.

You wonder why the EPA or someone isn't all over this - I wonder why the encap salesmen aren't all over this post defending how "healthy" encap is for little Johnny. You will notice, as have I, that the encap manufacturers stay strangely silent when you start talking about putting their product into people's homes.

Name
Jesse

I absolutely agree with Chris 100%

There are 10's of thousands of products on the market that are bad for health, the environment, or both. Selling products/services that could easily or cheaply be less harmful but aren't due to greed or bad intentions isn't ethical or ok just because the consumer is ignorant or doesn't care. Maybe they don't care because they aren't aware that they should.

Brian is a professional carpet cleaner that knows how the system works and yet he doesn't see the obvious health risk to using a product designed to leave a brittle plastic residue. He's probably also ignorant to other health risk he's subjecting himself and family to by purchasing products from companies with the same moral standards he shares. If he is aware that it is unhealthy, it's still ok because nobody drops dead. Shortening someones life or contributing to an existing health problem is ok as long as you only do it a little, which is a little subjective. I'm sure he will prequalify every job to make sure that the completely ignorant (to our industry) consumers are aware of how this may affect their indoor air quality and their health. All of their health factors, even the unknown will be accounted for and written off before he applies his polymer and doesn't rinse the 1/4 to 1/2 thick fabric that they felt they needed cleaned...cleanered.

Oh yeah, hooray he's marketing and that's the key. Without false marketing where would we be?

Marketing better products and our marketing skills would still be apparent if they were indeed truly present. Relying on consumer ignorance, especially mass ignorance, isn't a way to showcase real talent or skill.

Mikey P

Administrator

Willy is right, VLMing any home carpet is disgusting.

Don't you clowns ever look in your waste tanks?

Ryan

Again I don't VLM, but I thought the idea was to vacuum all that crap up after you crystallized it.

Mikey P

Administrator

Ryan said:
Again I don't VLM, but I thought the idea was to vacuum all that crap up after you crystallized it.

jhc, Ryan do you still leave cookies out for Santy too?

Ryan

Never believed in Santa.

Mikey P

Administrator

yet you believe in the Pixie Dust Fairy?

The modern shampoos do hide the dirt very well but dont pull a Jimmy and fall for the "your vacuum will fill with dry candy coated soil with the next few vacuumings" line.

Ryan

Then educate me. Why would it not vacuum up?

Mikey P

Administrator

Ryan I want you to find a 5 year old+ minivan in your neighborhood that belongs to a soccer mom with at least 3 kids.

Offer to clean her floor mats for free, tell her your doing a test on cleaning agents and need here help.

"Encap" those mats with the tool of your choice after a good pre vac then let them dry for a day or so.

Now take them out on your drive way and vacuum them till the cows come home.

Then..

Take your truckmount and Hydro Force gun and blast those mats and tell me how long it takes for the water to run clear.

All Shampooing does with a fiber pad is grind the dirt to the bottom of the carpet. With a OP Pad it will remove SOME dirt, with a HWE wand it will remove more but far from all the dirt, with a Rotary Extractor it will remove lots more but you'll over wet the backing and cause delamination if you go too long.

Want the best results on CGD?

Vac like hell, HWE then follow up with a post OP/cotton.

Second best results?

Pre vac, Cimex then 175 or OP follow up with cotton pads.

Ryan

Vac like hell, HWE then follow up with a post OP/cotton.

Thats currently what I do. Minus the vac like hell, I just vac normal and use a 175 to post pad.

Post padding was probably one of the most helpful cleaning ideas I've mined from this forum.

I'm doing that test though. I've got a truck lined up for a friend anyways. I just give him a discount. Better then a soccer mom too, its a hay hauling truck.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison

I would buy this set up even if I planned to buy a TM. I will have access to TM when needed whether it be Sub, borrow or rent.

I could still market it the same way if I post pad the jobs...and yest with a little Encap.

I've not finished my investigation on Encap....a good reason for starting this thread....I haven't Encapped on carpet yet.

I had to start the marketing online because of time and I believe what's on the site is true....if I've made a mistake, I can change it within minutes.

Mikey, with a pre-vac, pre-spray, porty-wand, OP, post vac etc....can the carpet be cleaned?

Or do I need a $100,000.00 POS V set up to get er done?

PS. How deep do you think the carpet is?

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison

And where the hell is Harper anyway??...I figure this thread would be 10 pages long by now once he heard about it. :lol:

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison

I also think it's funny that it's "OK" to leave those "harmful" materials behind in a commercial setting buy not in a home.

Do you think those people suddenly turn into someone else when they go home at night from the office?

Yeah, and I'm the one with bad moral standards. :roll:

I know the routine, give a hard time to anyone doing anything different from you...but do you guys really read what you type?

Ok, I'm turning into Crowley now...I think that's 3 or 4 independent posts. :lol:

Willy P

Name
Willy P

i]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvzte79tARAi]

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison

It kills me when people accuse money of being the root of all evil or whatever.
You act like you do your cleaning for free.

Self righteous morons.

:lol:

Ozzy? Really? Do you know how much money he's made off of crap?
Pot and kettle come to mind.

Willy P

Name
Willy P

First off - you got your ass kicked for your own greed and stupidity for trying to put lipstick on a pig. You claimed it was OK to leave a carpet full of chemicals for kids to crawl on -for your own financial benefit - nothing else.That smacks of pure, unadulterated greed, and not giving a rat's ass about your customers.
You claimed spraying protector would be OK when the facts and more than 2 seconds of thought prove it to be bullshit.

And GFY asshole. I'm pretty far from being a moron as are the rest of the people here telling you your full of shit and not telling you what you want to hear. As you're too thick to grasp it, the youtube was put there for the symbolism of putting money ahead of your customer's health. But I guess you don't give a shit as all that matters is money in your pocket at the end of the day.

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox

Brian- I don't claim to know much about Encapping but the main difference between commercial and residential is that in residential you have children, pets and adults actually sittiing on the carpets.

You also are assuming that all carpets you clean haven't been cleaned before and don't have diluted dirt from the backing to the tips of the carpet and once diluted is a bit harder to remove than just dry dirt. You're trying to justify a subpar process and ratioanlize that you can provide a cleaning as good as steam cleaning.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom