They will do it cheaper...

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
meh.....

keeping it real for my BD brethren here when gazing at the Star attractions we all wannabelike...

it's always been contingent on how busy I am whether I tell them to pi55 off or not.
More willing to negotiate/squeeze profit margins in slow times to keep the guys busy....or when the 'lectric disconnect date is close.....

I have no patience for certain ethnic groups from central Asia that insist on/expect ignorant pricing.
But have no problem sharpening my pencil to see if a price that makes both of us happy is achievable

..L.T.A.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Thanks for climbing down from the balcony Waldorf and making the Post of the Month

For all you " the client is cheap and is gonna get a shit job" ... '16 cents cheaper' is a sizable difference is cost

Not everyone that charges less than you sucks

Maybe the guy couldn't justify paying that much money for a Zipper Spinner Circus complete with glowing neon truck:stir:

So wait! All I have to do is add lights?

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
meh.....

keeping it real for my BD brethren here when gazing at the Star attractions we all wannabelike...

it's always been contingent on how busy I am whether I tell them to pi55 off or not.
More willing to negotiate/squeeze profit margins in slow times to keep the guys busy....or when the 'lectric disconnect date is close.....

I have no patience for certain ethnic groups from central Asia that insist on/expect ignorant pricing.
But have no problem sharpening my pencil to see if a price that makes both of us happy is achievable

..L.T.A.
Payless shoes makes me think of ignorant pricing. They keep calling me wanting an estimate for their Redding store. So I give them one and they say too much. They call me every year with the same result. I just got the call again this week. Last time I told them to hire some illeagles (sick birds) to get the job done for the price they want. The floors still haven’t been cleaned in 5 years.

Last edited:
F

FB7777

Payless shoes makes me think of ignorant pricing. They keep calling me wanting an estimate for their Redding store. So I give them one and they say too much. They call me every year with the same result. I just got the call again this week. Last time I told them to hire some illeagles (sick birds) to get the job done for the price they wants. The floors still haven’t been cleaned in 5 years.
Those chain retailers are handled by agents out this way

Those idiots call trying to get you to clean the whole stores for around $100

Always some poor schmuck willing to make up his losses in volume

Meanwhile the salesman makes 50% of slave labor without lifting a cleaning head

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Too bad under carriage illumination wasn't around when your dad was mailing out flyers for $6.95 per room

He might still be in business!

I think he likes Uber better!

At least the ladies he gives rides too!

7DB60769-0F60-493F-BB1A-7D9B75D31D16.jpeg

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Those chain retailers are handled by agents out this way

Those idiots call trying to get you to clean the whole stores for around $100

Always some poor schmuck willing to make up his losses in volume

Meanwhile the salesman makes 50% of slave labor without lifting a cleaning head

We get the call....them asking what we would charge...and they move on....

Then usually the day the store is to be cleaned, we get a call either asking where are we....or do you know who was supposed to clean our store today?

And then another call usually following from the people trying to hire us "are you sure you wont' do it for this amount"?

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
For all you " the client is cheap and is gonna get a shit job" ... '16 cents cheaper' is a sizable difference is cost
Not everyone that charges less than you sucks

Very true!

I know when we started we were lower priced, practically gave the shat away.

And because we were new, I had as much time as needed to do the best job possible and then some.. I was lucky to have a job a day then, happy to make anything.

As a business that is now pretty busy, I can't do that now. They still get the best job possible, but at some point the show needs to get on the road. I ain't cleaning til 7pm!

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
I know when we started we were lower priced, practically gave the shat away.
And because we were new, I had as much time as needed to do the best job possible and then some.. I was lucky to have a job a day then, happy to make anything.

same
and where the best value is found in the biz .
Young, hungry, able, willing, with enough knowledge/smarts and experience to know what "great" is... but not enough BizEd sense to know how beans get counted right ...and broke too much in the first 3-5 years .....

Most of us "greatest cleaners in the world" figure it out on our own by year 7 , we have to charge more or give less service

those that don't, spend their whole career cleaning Mr Patel's motel rooms, china buffets and 1-2-3 bed rm apts for $45, $65 and $ednen'y-five a pop

..L.T.A.

Reactions: Jimmy L and Nomad74

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
I know everyone is different, but I found my sweet spot is $0.35 per sqft or better. My stress level is way down when I consistently average that.

Edit: that’s not to say I won’t bid a Large volume job for $0.18 just to lock it up. I live in the real world.

ronbeatty

Name
Ron Beatty
Soooo...let me try to unnerstand. ...you turned down a dealership over waiting 45 min....
Yor a carpet cleaner NOT a brain surgeon. ...
When things go south in this country and you are eating grubs outta yor back yard......remember this!
Bob,

You may be a carpet cleaner, I am a businessman, if a job doesn’t hit my hourly rate and the customer isn’t prepared when I arrive they pay for my time.

Reactions: Bruce Humphrey

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Well excuse me Dr Carpet Cleaner
First all I ain't even a cc'ers m.i sold my business close too 10 years ago.....
AndI DID clean for a little over 40 years tho......
I do know it' better to get the job as we had employees that depends on a regular paycheck. ..not one that depends on the whem of a chest puffin.....owner!

Reactions: Jimmy L

ronbeatty

Name
Ron Beatty
Well excuse me Dr Carpet Cleaner
First all I ain't even a cc'ers m.i sold my business close too 10 years ago.....
AndI DID clean for a little over 40 years tho......
I do know it' better to get the job as we had employees that depends on a regular paycheck. ..not one that depends on the whem of a chest puffin.....owner!
Getting the job is not the goal, making money on it is. Making money on volume is something you do when you are young and hungry. And by the way, I have been in business for 43 years and there is a reason for that.

ronbeatty

Name
Ron Beatty
Ron

Could your office staff and techs get by with out you for two months?

How much coukd you sell your business for next week?
My office staff would be lost without me (wife), 3 long time employees that could handle most jobs.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom