They will do it cheaper...

steve_64

There's a thing called cornering the market or market shares. It can be a good move for a growing company to take jobs that break even to prevent other cleaners from gaining in that market.
Oil companies use to do it all the time to try and knock out the weaker companies

I feel that way with my apartments sometimes. I'd hate to give a start up a reason to keep trying.

Reactions: Brian H

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Well... We don't think it got cleaned yet today... Or if it was... It doesn't show it.

One of the companies who does this kind of price cut is notorious for also not showing up.... And we have had a few last minute calls to bail people out.

I know the people's time line for this week.

Could get good :icon_twisted:

We still had a good day of cleaning... Even with a snow storm!

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Screenshot_20180326-191232.jpg

ronbeatty

Name
Ron Beatty
View attachment 78893

As an independent businessman it is your prerogative to clean whatever, whenever and for whomever you chose. However don't think that those decisions don't come with some consequences. Because they do!

Cleaning services are often needed at inconvenient times that will require after hours or weekend work. No matter how great you may be, if you are not available when services are needed they are going to call someone else.

Lets face it, ego would have us believing that the client won't be satisfied and that they really need us. That's hardly reality. There are plenty of other cleaners out there.

What exactly is it that makes you so special? Your equipment? They can buy the same machine. The chems you use? They can buy them also. That new tool? They can buy that too.
You are willing to work harder than they will! Really?
They are willing to work when you aren't.

Its a tough pill to swallow but not only do you need to out clean your competition but you need to out service them. If you are not willing to do that, just know your competitor is.

Oh and its not just the one account, you need to be concerned about more than that. Pleasing that client will build a cheerleader and they will spread the word. Its how businesses are built, likely how most of us built our businesses. Although not servicing these clients or gouging them because it cuts into bowling night...is one way to see how they decline.
:shifty:
Richard, In an earlier post I described servicing all customers needs, that was done over a 35 year period, I choose not to do work after 8pm or Saturday or Sunday. I am totally comfortable with businesses who want work done at these hours getting someone else.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Richard, In an earlier post I described servicing all customers needs, that was done over a 35 year period, I choose not to do work after 8pm or Saturday or Sunday. I am totally comfortable with businesses who want work done at these hours getting someone else.
I PM'D Ron telling him that he was a good sport letting me bang on him lik I did ....however I've now changed my mind.....Yes Ron you.....are indeed

Pissy

Last edited:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Understandable. You've been there and done it. You're not really in the building mode that some of the young pups are.

Reactions: ronbeatty
Name
jack zerkie
I cleaned a pure white berber that was cleaned on March 14 of this year . Two rooms for $65.00 Total. This company has been around for a long time but has low prices all the time. I re cleaned it today for $ 125.00 total. The carpet cleaned up very well and the lady was very happy and now have another customer.The other company does have a truckmount but their carpets are always very wet takes days to dry. but their prices are cheap. I have never advertised price or coupons in 37 yrs and if their still alive they call for jack on the carpet. The new ones just call Hughes carpet cleaning. Life is great and I love to clean dirty white carpets.jz

ronbeatty

Name
Ron Beatty
I PM'D Ron telling him that he was a good sport letting me bang on him lik I did ....however I've now changed my mind.....Yes Ron you.....are indeed

Pissy
Didn’t get the PM, I would have responded differently if I had known of your deep respect;););)

Last edited:
Reactions: Desk Jockey

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
There's a thing called cornering the market or market shares. It can be a good move for a growing company to take jobs that break even to prevent other cleaners from gaining in that market.
Oil companies use to do it all the time to try and knock out the weaker companies

I feel that way with my apartments sometimes. I'd hate to give a start up a reason to keep trying.
I use to work for a company that had that mentality. If one company quoted .10 a sqft. They would quote .09. the owner told me he would go down to 0 to prevent another company from getting the job. They were always in financial difficulty and are now out of business. I don't like to work during evenings or weekends but will if the job is worthwhile or is for a good customer. I have many repeat customers who have been with me for 30 years. I always do my best for them and try to keep my prices reasonable and they seem to appreciate it. If someone tells me that someone else will do it cheaper, I ask, "what are you bothering me for?"

J

JS41035

View attachment 78893

As an independent businessman it is your prerogative to clean whatever, whenever and for whomever you chose. However don't think that those decisions don't come with some consequences. Because they do!

Cleaning services are often needed at inconvenient times that will require after hours or weekend work. No matter how great you may be, if you are not available when services are needed they are going to call someone else.

Lets face it, ego would have us believing that the client won't be satisfied and that they really need us. That's hardly reality. There are plenty of other cleaners out there.

What exactly is it that makes you so special? Your equipment? They can buy the same machine. The chems you use? They can buy them also. That new tool? They can buy that too.
You are willing to work harder than they will! Really?
They are willing to work when you aren't.

Its a tough pill to swallow but not only do you need to out clean your competition but you need to out service them. If you are not willing to do that, just know your competitor is.

Oh and its not just the one account, you need to be concerned about more than that. Pleasing that client will build a cheerleader and they will spread the word. Its how businesses are built, likely how most of us built our businesses. Although not servicing these clients or gouging them because it cuts into bowling night...is one way to see how they decline.
:shifty:
One of your best posts so far. Totally agree.

Reactions: Steve Lawrence

steve_64

I cleaned a pure white berber that was cleaned on March 14 of this year . Two rooms for $65.00 Total. This company has been around for a long time but has low prices all the time. I re cleaned it today for $ 125.00 total. The carpet cleaned up very well and the lady was very happy and now have another customer.The other company does have a truckmount but their carpets are always very wet takes days to dry. but their prices are cheap. I have never advertised price or coupons in 37 yrs and if their still alive they call for jack on the carpet. The new ones just call Hughes carpet cleaning. Life is great and I love to clean dirty white carpets.jz
Yesterday I phone quoted $125 for two rooms and the guy almost stroked out. Said he thought $75 was fair. I said I had a $100 minimum. I was happy to let it go because of his attitude on the phone.

Name
jack zerkie
Sometime only as a last resort when the pricing is to high. I say The cleaning seems expensive but consider the cost of replacing the carpet and the cleaning becomes a fair price. To use the carpet for another year or longer. jz

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Yesterday I phone quoted $125 for two rooms and the guy almost stroked out. Said he thought $75 was fair. I said I had a $100 minimum. I was happy to let it go because of his attitude on the phone.

And how would you lik yor grubs....
Fried in lard or straight outta the ground. .nice an juicy.....

steve_64

Waiting to get it lettered. Only used it once so far on an apartment but so far so good.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
no..it will be the pompous asses that turn down work.....
ohh an the ones that charge too much as well.......

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom