They will do it cheaper...

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Ron

Could your office staff and techs get by with out you for two months?

How much coukd you sell your business for next week?

R we using the SS RULE 50% of yearly sales as golden rule?

$150,000.00 k baby!

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Bob,

You may be a carpet cleaner, I am a businessman, if a job doesn’t hit my hourly rate and the customer isn’t prepared when I arrive they pay for my time.

AND you've lost them forever. ...
Are you so high faluting that you can jus throw customers away witout any chance of rehabilitation. ......???

I even bet .....
You buy booties?

Reactions: hogjowl

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
The older I get, the less I GAS about cheap ass price shoppers and people who don't value my time. I fortunately don't rely solely on my business to survive, so I can set my price and work when I want.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Ya I had a big shot for a wife as well....
Really helps.....besides my little old black ladies.......
I was doing mega big jobs at nite too
My wife got me this Hindu temple once that I swear I could see the curvature of the earth in the carpet...red candle wax ever where

Ohh ya....we had to do it in our sock feet as no shoes were allowed

We sucked our pride and went in and did it.....in the middle of winter

And Damn they are funny about touching their eight armed monkeys
Don do it....

Last edited:
Reactions: Nomad74

ronbeatty

Name
Ron Beatty
AND you've lost them forever. ...
Are you so high faluting that you can jus throw customers away witout any chance of rehabilitation. ......???

I even bet .....
You buy booties?
For 35 years when I was raising a family and paying for private schools and colleges I would work 14 hrs most days. We had 40 restaurants on monthly cleanings, 2 large school districts 400,000 ft plus, restoration company that did 100 grand a year plus a residential carpet cleaning. It was pretty easy to pick what I wanted to do when I decided to downsize, 8am to 6pm Monday thru Friday is where I want to work.

Reactions: hogjowl

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
OK. OK....I did turn down a Mosque once.....I had to take off my shoes to bid it and there were shadowy people hiding around all the dark corners. ...
Very spooky
TURNT THAT SUCKA DOWN REAL QUICK AND IN A HURRY!

Reactions: ronbeatty

WillS

Supportive Member
Name
Will
One of two things. The company doing it for less is trying to fill up employee hours and will make such a small profit on it, or it’s one dine and dash company that will likely not use the best products or clean properly.

I bid on 3 separate buildings that combined had a total of 72,000sq ft. and was around .14c sq ft. I was pretty sure we had it, walked the property, talked with them, explained the cleaning blah blah.. get a call they decided to go with someone that offered .08c sq ft! No thank you and good luck with all of that.

Reactions: ronbeatty

ronbeatty

Name
Ron Beatty
If an owner has trucks that are paid for and $10 an hour chimps, as long as he's making enough to cover overhead in the winter, he'll out bid any overly proud internet super star.
You need to figure out what your cost of doing business is and set your price, undercutting price to get a job is how you put yourself out of business. You certainly couldn't be referring to me because I don't hire chimps, I hire intelligent people and start them at $16.00 an hour. My lead tech makes $27.00 an hour and worth every cent of it.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
getty_506910700_350574.jpg

As an independent businessman it is your prerogative to clean whatever, whenever and for whomever you chose. However don't think that those decisions don't come with some consequences. Because they do!

Cleaning services are often needed at inconvenient times that will require after hours or weekend work. No matter how great you may be, if you are not available when services are needed they are going to call someone else.

Lets face it, ego would have us believing that the client won't be satisfied and that they really need us. That's hardly reality. There are plenty of other cleaners out there.

What exactly is it that makes you so special? Your equipment? They can buy the same machine. The chems you use? They can buy them also. That new tool? They can buy that too.
You are willing to work harder than they will! Really?
They are willing to work when you aren't.

Its a tough pill to swallow but not only do you need to out clean your competition but you need to out service them. If you are not willing to do that, just know your competitor is.

Oh and its not just the one account, you need to be concerned about more than that. Pleasing that client will build a cheerleader and they will spread the word. Its how businesses are built, likely how most of us built our businesses. Although not servicing these clients or gouging them because it cuts into bowling night...is one way to see how they decline.
:shifty:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom