They will do it cheaper...

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
You can’t operate a company that gives Cadillac service for the Kia price.
Agreed. You can work yourself out of business that way.

However when dealing with commercial work a sq/ft price is not a good indicator to make judgments on. Instead figure on what your hourly production will be for that project and see if it meets your hourly sales target. Your production rates should be much higher with commercial work vs residential simply because there is more open area and less contents in your way.

So even though your cleaning rate may be far lower that your residential rate you should see hourly sales at or exceeding that of residential work. Too many cleaners get caught up in “I won’t clean for that low” when in fact those rates may bring in more than residential work at a higher rate.

An added bonus is you are also able to process work hour after hour with no wasted windshield time since you are in one location.

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
You run into this sort of thing in every industry. Happens a lot in the web industry too, especially because it can be purchased overseas for cheap. I'm way higher priced now than I was when I started but there are still some competitors that charge a bit higher than me. It feels good to be able to pick and choose what work you want and to not devalue your company below a certain point. Of course there are times where I can look amount of time and resources needed and adjust accordingly like Uncle Larry said. Anymore I don't budge on price much unless it has to do with recurring work and then it's only if people go on auto pay.

Don't take it personal. There are some people who just care about the price or maybe you haven't shown enough value to justify yours. We've all made that mistake. We know the industry is filled with splash and dash companies that will screw it up and you'll likely be called in to fix it. Like @Mark Saiger charge accordingly for your time to fix it. I know I do in my realm of things.

Always find it humorous when these discussions come about where cheap prospects are the topic. We're all cheap to an extent, some more than others. But always find it extremely ironic that the ones consistently complaining about cheap clients/prospects will spend an hour shopping online comparing prices to save 3-4 bucks on a jug of soap when they could have been out making $150-200 instead.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Karma....

They were worried about their new walls and trim and needed it dry for Friday early morning to move in.

Was driving by today and saw the fresh dump in the parking lot with bubbles (illegal in our town)

And water running down windows (not enough heat and no ventilation)

And the fresh new trim and walls... Lower right hand brand new trim not looking so hot soaking up that water :rockon:

20180329_153742.jpg
20180329_153714.jpg
20180329_153720.jpg
Screenshot_20180329-171640_Messenger.jpg
Screenshot_20180329-180549_Gallery.jpg

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
for someone that doesn't care , why would they be driving by, then stopping to peek in the widow and take pics??
and gloat ??

you taking it personal or what?? :headscratch:

..L.T.A.

Reactions: Bruce Humphrey

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I don't, once I'm out I don't care. However the tech's will drive by even after work to find out who is doing it. They take it personal.

I guess I do to, just not enough to go look. It happens too often to us especially compared to Mark.

We have every major Insurance provider referring our competitors. :neutral:

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Yep, I would too.

why?
because it wasn't in their budget or willingness to pay hi-roller top tier price??

I can understand being bummed over not getting the job
can even see where one could view the prospect as misguided, foolish or down right stupid for choosing another ...
...but it ain't personal unless/until it becomes personal .
Like someone implying you're a cheat , scallywag, rogue or hack ...then it's personal

not price competition though

That just bid'niss

..LT.A.

Reactions: bob vawter

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
why?
because it wasn't in their budget or willingness to pay hi-roller top tier price??

I can understand being bummed over not getting the job
can even see where one could view the prospect as misguided, foolish or down right stupid for choosing another ...
...but it ain't personal unless/until it becomes personal .
Like someone implying you're a cheat , scallywag, rogue or hack ...then it's personal

not price competition though

That just bid'niss

..LT.A.

Actually... The Cleaners comments were apparently "we are as good as Saiger's... Actually better and cheaper"

So yeah... It became personal...

Reactions: Nomad74

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom