Mikey P

Administrator
20180830_091158.jpg

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
It works.

It also creates all the collateral damage that Mr C mentioned above.

When customers worry about the "dangerous chemicals" you use, you can rightly point out that there are more frightening products that she can buy at the grocery/hardware store than cleaners routinely use.

This is such a product.

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
Use it very carefully, and ALWAYS rinse the area that you applied it to very well!

I use it myself, but I would be hesitant to let employees use it unless they were absolutely aware that it will etch glass AND WILL EAT YOUR SKIN WITHOUT ANY NOTICEABLE PAIN.
So DON'T ever GET ANY ON YOUR SKIN!!!

Name
Steve Lawrence
Butler has a rust remover that is much safer for techs and customers. We use it for the safety factor but it is not as potent as Wink and much costlier.

Rick J

Name
rick Jones
Fab Pro used to have one as well I liked. Maybe they still do. It was a gel.

And , when I got MSDS from butler for a few things , They were Fabpro provided! Hmmmm

I still have eristicator on the shelf in back. 3 or 4. I got into them not long ago cause I wanted some amonia, which is the neutralizer. It was no longer any good.

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Hydrofluoric Acid was banned in Australia a couple of decades ago.

If you get it on your skin, you may not feel it until it attacks your bones, as it chases the calcium.

Then it's amputation time.

Big papa

Name
dan ziegler
Oh yea it works, and if you have a cut, or it can enter your body, you will loose skin...Been there done that...LOL....I had some on a rag, stuck in back pocket, and had a red silver dollar mark on my ass....This was 1983...and I still remember the burn...LOL

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Yes you are an idiot. I got some on my fingers once. Lost both fingernails and had my fingers opened to the bone to drain and inject calcium to neutralize. There's much safer alternatives like ultrachem clean. Take a look back and read my post and see my pics with clean blasting rust. It doesn't work every time but it beats the crap out of risking your health and your customers health.
Yea indèed that's an idiot chemical.

Reactions: Bruce Humphrey

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Yes you are an idiot. I got some on my fingers once. Lost both fingernails and had my fingers opened to the bone to drain and inject calcium to neutralize. There's much safer alternatives like ultrachem clean. Take a look back and read my post and see my pics with clean blasting rust. It doesn't work every time but it beats the crap out of risking your health and your customers health.
Yea indèed that's an idiot chemical.
I tried the ultrachem clean a couple of times and it seems to work fine on some and not so good on others. Not sure why. I'll keep trying as I go along. I keep a 16 ounce bottle in my spotting kit. Works on many other spots and stains as well. I use t-rust on more serious rust stains.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
I got some on my fingers once. Lost both fingernails and had my fingers opened to the bone to drain and inject calcium to neutralize.

umm, Willy, we're s'posed to be a professionals
That means we're s'posed to be knowledgeable and responsible with the chems used and take precautions with such

if you poured it on the rust, and worked it in with your fingers..
or spilled some on your fingers without immediately washing it off..
I'm sorry part'ner , the directions for use and cautions are clearly printed on the label.
it's not the chem's fault for not being IDIOT proof .

Mix any bleach and ammonia much??

..L.T.A.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom