any opinion on a hoss?

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
I am thinking about getting a hoss. I didnt reallly like the 360i and sold mine last summer. I was wondering how the hoss cleans and also how durable aanbd rugged it is. Part of the reason I got rid of my 360 is because I felt like I was beating the hell out of it and it really didnt seem like an industrial quality unit. I have never owned an rx 20 but have used my friends and liked the unit and seems more solid than a 360. Wnted to know if there where any hoss owners that can tell me the good the bad and the ugly about this machine

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I think the Hoss is the best rotary out there.....

Cu will tell you the Trex is.....

and then some will swear by the the 360i.....

your best bet is to see if you can get your hands on a Hoss and run it for awhile and see if it will work for you....

Name
Steve Lawrence
I don't know how tough the Hoss is but I have 3 RX-20's all about 25 years old and still working well with minor repairs over the years. With glides they really dry well.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
I think you need to foot a Jondon and demo one If not just wait and buy a trex from join at superior cleaning solutions and if you don't like it I am pretty sure he will take it back but you will have to ask him.

i really would wait and try a trex from mytee first.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I am thinking about getting a hoss. I didnt reallly like the 360i and sold mine last summer. I was wondering how the hoss cleans and also how durable aanbd rugged it is. Part of the reason I got rid of my 360 is because I felt like I was beating the hell out of it and it really didnt seem like an industrial quality unit. I have never owned an rx 20 but have used my friends and liked the unit and seems more solid than a 360. Wnted to know if there where any hoss owners that can tell me the good the bad and the ugly about this machine

The durability of the Hoss is right up there with the RX.....you can beat the hell out of this thing and it will never hurt it....but just like all of them out there it still has its weak spot.......and it is still the rod that feeds the water to the jets......

PA200790.jpg

if you grab that thing wrong to lift it off and clean the rod...you will snap it right off........a side from that the thing is a tank....

as far as its cleaning ability....its in a class all by itself........huge difference between the flow bars and jets..............

Name
John LaBarbera
I think you need to foot a Jondon and demo one If not just wait and buy a trex from join at superior cleaning solutions and if you don't like it I am pretty sure he will take it back but you will have to ask him.

i really would wait and try a trex from mytee first.

The Trex will be begin shipping in December. Superior, Cobb and others will have them then. Yes, we'll take it back if you don't LOVE it. Unlesss you're in a hurry for a rotary and willing to settle for less I would wait to compare the Trex, it's the bomb!

I had deleted the earlier post, I thought. Had replied to the wrong post. Sorry for the double entry.

Mikey P

Administrator
I have a HOSS and two 360i's....

You'd think a Trex would have been on my door step by now to help confirm that Bomb statement...

Name
John LaBarbera
I have a HOSS and two 360i's....

You'd think a Trex would have been on my door step by now to help confirm that Bomb statement...

I guess Jerry didn't show his Trex to you. Just ask him what he thinks about the Trex. He'll tell you its the bomb. You don't have to take my opinion for it. We were hoping to have it completed sooner than now but things take time. How are you going to arrange the rotary shoot out at the MIkeyfest? What will be the criterion for measuring the cleaning and drying ability?

Bill Bruders

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Bruders

I heard you were going to stop the cheap shots John guess that rumor was wrong. I'd suspect that the fact your not a Sapphire distributor as having significant influence on your lack of sales. :-)

Mikey P

Administrator
Funny

On that note our tile cleaning sales are off the hook but not a single call for septic tank servicing this year... I wonder what gives...

Last edited:
F

FB7777

What altitude do you jump from Olson?

Your brain logic is a bit oxygen deprived at times

John Olson

Name
John Olson
I heard you were going to stop the cheap shots John guess that rumor was wrong. I'd suspect that the fact your not a Sapphire distributor as having significant influence on your lack of sales. :-)

What are you talking about Bill? I didn't take a cheap shot, I didn't say anything about the Hoss I shared numbers and as a Hydro-Force Distributor the hoss is available to me as are Dri-Eaz Products which I continue to sell but not as many as I did as an actual Dri-Eaz Distributor! If someone walks in and wants a HOSS I will absolutely sell them one. I don't have one on the floor but I have sent several people up to the competition to ask them for a test drive of a HOSS and if they want one I would be happy to match or beat any price they could find on one. Now how in the world is that a cheap shot? And for the record Bill I have never taken a cheap shot. I buy premium rounds....:)

P.S. Bill what comes out of my mouth is impartial truth...You would never ever admit you are wrong or that there is a better product. I don't have bow down to anyone or tow their line. Truth and honesty are way more important then money.

Now to your comment and mine, we can both apologise and move on or not...

Last edited:
F

FB7777

John, you're smaller than small when it comes to being a distributor

You push the 360 and the HOSS is something buried in a catalog your 10 customers never see

How's that for truth dipshit

John Olson

Name
John Olson
LOL Dipshit...that's funny...:) Fred just what dog do you have in this other then being a Moderator on Mikeysboard? And as for the size of our buisness it is none of your buisness and I wont be sharing numbers with you, so think what you want :)

John Olson

Name
John Olson

You know what Bill. I'll apologies first. I should have stayed out of this thread even though there was no malice or "cheap shots" intended but after trying to see things from your side and the original intent of this thread I should have stayed out of it....Sorry

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Have Interlink in Vegas find someone that has no clue about the message boards come in and run them.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I'll do it....I am a avid rotary cleaner....I figured out how to max out the RX...the 360i...and now the Hoss.....But to be fair I will need to run a Trex for a bit so I can get use to the feel and figure out how to max it out......

if you get someone off the street that does not know a rotary...then you are not going to have a fair comparison.......

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Jim I like you a lot but you are very far from unbiased. Just your comment about having to use it to figure out how you can tweek it shows you are already biased. it is not a bad thing but it should be someone that knows nothing of our dysfuntctional family that has no skin in the game (Moderator) and the tools should be fresh out of the box current production models that can be purchased that day....My opinion....

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin

And that's where this little contest will fail before it even gets started....you can't just take a machine out of the box and think it is going to preform for everyone the same way....not every ones set up is the same...if you want to have a fair contest then each one has to be set to run off the exact same machine...the exact same PSI.......exact same amount of prespray....and the exact same vacuum.....and none of them can hit the same piece of carpet......and you will need 3 to 4 different types of carpet for each.............then it will be fair............

so I really don't think that trying to be fair all the way around makes me biases...

Last edited:

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Well I'm not the decision maker just offering my opinion :) If it is a contest against each other then it should absolutely be out of the box no tweaks contest. If they need to be tweaked then they should be sold that way wouldn't you agree?

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin

no.....not even close...how could any manufacture know how anyone runs there equipment...??.....the performance on my thermalwave is different then other people that run them.....distributors should spend more time and ask questions to the people that they sell them to and help them balance them to there machines....there would probably be less complaints across the board....ask yourself.....would you feel comfortable selling a high flow pimped out wand to a guy who uses a small portable....or would you try to talk him into buying one that is more suited for his equipment....even if it meant the one that fit him better was cheaper...??

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom